Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 03:23 PM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,685,166 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be?
Shania Twain would be nice. Or Kate Winslet.
What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are?
I would just bask in their presence.
I figure any level headed celebrity is sick of being spoken to so I would only speak as spoken to.

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games?
Don't know. I don't play.

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one?
Peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwich. Never tried.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends?
Absolutely
Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex?
Sure

I should ride a unicycle more often.
I need to stop juggling so much.

One of my best qualities is being loveable.
One of my worst qualities is going blank on fill-in-the-blanks, even though I ask them.

Today’s Quote:
“One of the reasons that art is important to me is sometimes it actually feels more coherent than life. It orders the chaos.”
- Jeffrey Eugenides
Because it reflects how we process reality instead of the harshness of some realities?

Thx, BA4, outstanding job!

Last edited by bjh; 03-08-2020 at 03:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2020, 04:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,059,067 times
Welcome to Questions of the Day for Sunday, March 8, 2020. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Pisces. Some famous people who share your birthday are composer Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, tattoo artist Kat Von D, actors Freddie Prinze, Jr. and James van der Beek; actress-dancer Cyd Charisse, TV news anchor Lester Holt, rockers Micky Dolenz and Gary Numan and authors Thomas Pynchon and Jeffrey Eugenides.

Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be? Nikola Tesla

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are?
It would be shocking and I’d have all kinds of questions for him. There is so much about his life and his ideas that I’d love to get answers from him.

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games? Depends on the video game, some are too simple and made for little ones others are too involved and complicated for adults of any age.

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? I'd be confused with which piece of bread I would spread the peanut butter - top or bottom? There's always pressure and confusion with these types of questions.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends? Depends on who they are, it's a complicated life being a woman and not much easier for a man. There are many factors to consider however if pressed for an answer I'd go with "yes".

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex? Yes I'd like to think so, but you'd have to ask them.

I should ___Exercise________ more often.
I need to stop ____being lazy ______ so much.

One of my best qualities is _can you give me a minute or two on this one?_________.
One of my worst qualities is _ok, now I need several hours to think about it and I'll get back to you later.__________.

Today in History
1817 – The New York Stock Exchange is founded.
1844 – King Oscar I ascends to the thrones of Sweden and Norway.
1862 – American Civil War: The Naval Battle of Hampton Roads begins.
1910 – French aviator Raymonde de Laroche becomes the first woman to receive a pilot's license.
1917 – The United States Senate votes to limit filibusters by adopting the cloture rule.
1920 – The Arab Kingdom of Syria, the first modern Arab state to come into existence, is established.
1936 – Daytona Beach and Road Course holds its first oval stock car race.
1937 – Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
and KNIL Commander in Chief Lieutenant General Hein Ter Poorten, to unconditionally surrender.
1942 – World War II: Imperial Japanese Army forces capture Rangoon, Burma from British.
1957 – Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
1957 – The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th and 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
1965 – Thirty-five hundred United States Marines are the first American land combat forces committed during the Vietnam War.
1971 – The Fight of the Century between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali commences. Frazier wins in 15 rounds via unanimous decision.
1974 – Charles de Gaulle Airport opens in Paris, France.
1979 – Philips demonstrates the compact disc publicly for the first time.
1983 – Cold War: While addressing a convention of Evangelicals, U.S. President Ronald Reagan labels the Soviet Union an "evil empire".
2014 – Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, carrying a total of 239 people, disappears en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Word of the Day:
girandole noun /JEER-un-dohl/
1 : a radiating and showy composition (such as a cluster of skyrockets fired together)
2 : an ornamental branched candlestick
3 : a pendant earring usually with three ornaments hanging from a central piece

Today’s Quote:
“One of the reasons that art is important to me is sometimes it actually feels more coherent than life. It orders the chaos.”
- Jeffrey Eugenides

Today Is:
Start of Daylight Savings Time (in most of the U.S. and in Canada)
Be Nasty Day <<<---------- I never know there was a special day for this? Who would have thought it.
International Working Women’s Day <<<----- Most all women are working "every" day. Seems their work is never done. I'm thinking of my mother, sisters and my wife who always had things to do.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:31 PM

15,032 posts, read 8,347,680 times
Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be?
I am just not real into celebrities, and think our culture worships them way too much.

I can be talkative, but not on airplanes so much,so I probably wouldn't say much to anyone....I lean toward introversion anyway.
You are never too old! Life is short, do what you love, while you can. Do what makes you happy.
I like video games sometimes, and I like board games...age can sometimes be just a state of mind.

Not for sure, so I don't know.....just looked it up...no I have never had one....I love peanut butter but I don't know If I have ever tried marshmallow cream, I don't think I have ever had it. It doesn't seem like it would work together, that combo....but evidently some people really like it, and since I have never had one, I can't really say....like I was saying to each his own,
eat and do what makes you happy....

For sure
Sure I have had several close male friends through the years.

Old 03-08-2020, 09:31 PM

39,245 posts, read 23,242,510 times
Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be? James Woods

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are? I would tell him how honored I was to be sitting next to him and we can start chatting.

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games? No upper age limit

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? Yes and no. They're not hard to make, from reading a recipe online.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends? Yes

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex? Yes

I should exercise more often.
I need to stop procrastinating so much.

One of my best qualities is being organized.
One of my worst qualities is being too concerned about minor details.

Have a fun day Sunday!

Old 03-08-2020, 09:58 PM

21,745 posts, read 8,880,895 times
Today’s Questions:
Bryn Terfel

I would smile, say hello and let Mr. Terfel take the lead as to whether he wanted to chat or be left alone.
It depends on the game. For those fantasy, adventure or action games that have lots of characters and complicated plots, I'd say 40s. All other games such as cards, skill games and word games, I'd say no age limit.
Yes, I've tried one. It was OK, but not something I could ever get excited about.
Yes, if there is absolutely no sexual attraction.
Yes, I have a male friend who's gay. We've been friends for over 40 years and were even roommates for a while.
I should vacuum more often.
I need to stop thinking about the past so much.

One of my best qualities is my sense of humor.
One of my worst qualities is low self-esteem.

Thanks, everyone!

Old 03-11-2020, 02:21 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times
Today’s Questions:
Larry The Cable Guy

It would be a loud fun meeting of rednecks. We would probably both get booted off the airplane.

A Fluffernutter is what happens after eating beans and then getting on a plane for a long flight. When it happens passengers around you move to other seats even if there are no empty seats. The flight attendants quit discreetly spraying air freshener every time they walk by you. Instead they grab the jumbo size can of Lysol and empty the entire thing on you. If the Fluffernutter gets bad enough the pilot will declare an emergency and divert to the nearest airport.

Sure

Many times

I should clean house more often.
I need to stop cleaning house so much.

One of my best qualities is staying out of other peoples business.
One of my worst qualities is any pictures taken of me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics