Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 08:44 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,950,305 times

Advertisements

Hi. It's me, roosty. I'm not dead yet!
Cool!

~ Songs with a train in the lyrics or title:
Trains (Al Stewart); Train Kept A-Rollin' (The Yardbirds); Train, Train (Blackfoot)

~ Songs that have some sort of 'eating' in them:
Eat At Home (Paul McCartney); Eat The Rich (Aerosmith)

~ The last thing you had a dead battery in:
Toy

~ Have you ever eaten Rice-a-Roni and do you like it?
Yes I have many times as a child and I used to like it.

~ Has anyone, that you know personally, gone into hospital during this past week?
Not that I am aware of.

~ Do you know that you can follow the latest information on the Coronavirus at the website: cdc.gov? You can even give an email address to receive the very latest info..
Yes I knew that, but no thanks to giving them my email address.

~ How many flags should fly on a flagpole where you live?
In the USA: Three, two, or one. It all depends on what flags they are whether you need more than one flagpole. For example: Three flags and one pole, from top to bottom, the USA Flag, POW/MIA flag, state flags, US territories, followed by military flags. Only certain flags can be flown on the same flagpole with the USA flag. When doing so the USA flag is always on top and no other flag should be larger than the USA flag while in attendance with the USA flag.

~ Have you ever heard or seen over-sized vehicles being driven through forests or any other natural areas? Do you think that it should be allowed to happen in our National Forests or any other declared forest/natural areas?
Yes, there are logging trucks in some of those areas in Minnesota and they have their own roads. Another over-sized vehicle driven there would be the trail snow-groomers for the snowmobile, cross-country ski, horse and dog-sled trails. As long as it continues to be properly managed then yes, I think it should be allowed.

~ Gary Rossington

~ Changing tide

~ Country Blues

~ Water trail

~ Big Top Chautauqua

~ Do you know someone personally that lies?
No one stands out to me right now.

*** Thinking of you...wishing I were there to visit! Have a good Friday and
weekend, too! ***]

Thanks and you too!

Last edited by geebabe; 02-28-2020 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: properly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 08:54 AM

33,381 posts, read 26,667,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Johnny Cash - Casey Jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7AKH_lPuKU

Charley Pride ~ Burger And Fries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt0eQqfp4Og

~ The last thing you had a dead battery in: My pocket watch.

~ Have you ever eaten Rice-a-Roni and do you like it? I've never eaten it.

~ Has anyone, that you know personally, gone into hospital during this past week? No

~ Do you know that you can follow the latest information on the Coronavirus at the website: cdc.gov? You can even give an email address to receive the very latest info.. I don't keep up with it.

~ How many flags should fly on a flagpole where you live? Two--- the United States flag and the state flag.

~ Have you ever heard or seen over-sized vehicles being driven through forests or any other natural areas? Do you think that it should be allowed to happen in our National Forests or any other delared forest/natural areas? I've never seen that. They should not be allowed to unless absolutely necessary.

~ Gary Cooper.

~ Ebb tide.

~ Country living.

~ Water logged.

~ Big Foot.

~ Do you know someone personally that lies? No

weekend, too! ***
Thank you roosty.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:23 AM

44,419 posts, read 20,177,379 times
Hi. It's me, roosty. I'm not dead yet! Yayyyyyyyy!

~ Songs with a train in the lyrics or title: City of New Orleans - Arlo Guthrie

~ Songs that have some sort of 'eating' in them: Green Onions - Booker T. and the M.G.'s

~ The last thing you had a dead battery in: A tiny flashlight which I carry in my purse.

~ Have you ever eaten Rice-a-Roni and do you like it? I used to eat Rice-a-Roni and I love it! It's a guilty pleasure. Unfortunately, because of the carbs and the salt, I haven't had it for years. Just thinking about it makes me want to buy a box and make it today, though! The chicken flavored one was always my favorite.

~ Has anyone, that you know personally, gone into hospital during this past week? Yes. A friend from church.

~ Do you know that you can follow the latest information on the Coronavirus at the website: cdc.gov? You can even give an email address to receive the very latest info.. I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense that the CDC would have such info available to the public.

~ How many flags should fly on a flagpole where you live? I actually know quite a bit about flag etiquette, but to save me from typing it out at length, here's a link to the basic rules for flying more than one flag on the same pole. https://www.collinsflags.com/blog/ar...multiple-flags

~ Have you ever heard or seen over-sized vehicles being driven through forests or any other natural areas? Yes, I've seen this. Do you think that it should be allowed to happen in our National Forests or any other delared forest/natural areas? No. I hate it. When I was in Washington, I was appalled at the huge vehicles which traveled through the national forests and parks.

~ Gary Indiana (my hometown).

~ Ocean tide.

~ Country bumpkin.

~ Water slide.

~ Big Sur.

~ Do you know someone personally that lies? Yes.

weekend, too!*** Thanks for the fill-ins, roosty! Happy Fryday, everyone.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-28-2020 at 09:49 AM..

Old 02-28-2020, 09:25 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,636,126 times
Glad to hear. I checked the obits in our paper this morning and I wasn't listed so guess I'm here for a while. lol

~ Songs with a train in the lyrics or title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q87yOxpyC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnIL-XPerQ

~ The last thing you had a dead battery in: Flashlight

~ Have you ever eaten Rice-a-Roni and do you like it? Yes and no

~ Has anyone, that you know personally, gone into hospital during this past week? Yup

~ Do you know that you can follow the latest information on the Coronavirus at the website: cdc.gov? You can even give an email address to receive the very latest info.. I'll pass

~ How many flags should fly on a flagpole where you live? I've seen two. US flag and MIA/POW flag. State and city flags are usually on their own flagpoles

~ Have you ever heard or seen over-sized vehicles being driven through forests or any other natural areas? Do you think that it should be allowed to happen in our National Forests or any other delared forest/natural areas? In the 170,000 acre Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area near here, they have around 100 miles of trails in a set aside area of 2500 acres just for off road vehicles, Jeeps, dirt bikes, etc. None of these are allowed in the rest of the LBL. But, with the government's recent opinions of our woodlands, I'm sorry to say it wouldn't surprise me to see them running all through the woods everywhere.

~ Gary Indiana.

~ Crimson tide.

~ Country Roads.

~ Water polo.

~ Big Ben.

~ Do you know someone personally that lies? Yup. Several

Old 02-28-2020, 09:27 AM

5,918 posts, read 3,825,262 times
Hi. It's me, roosty. I'm not dead yet! Hey Roosty hope you are doing well

Train, Train by Blackfoot

Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard

weather radio

Yes, it's ok

~ Has anyone, that you know personally, gone into hospital during this past week?
No not that I know of

~ Do you know that you can follow the latest information on the Coronavirus at the website: cdc.gov? You can even give an email address to receive the very latest info..
No I didn't know that, thanks

three

~ Have you ever heard or seen over-sized vehicles being driven through forests or any other natural areas? Do you think that it should be allowed to happen in our National Forests or any other delared forest/natural areas?
No and I'm not sure about that I would have to do some research

~ Gary Wright______.

~ _low_____ tide.

~ Country _Western_____.

~ Water bug______.

~ Big _Log (song)___.

yes but I am no longer friends with them, can't stand a liar

weekend, too! ***

Thanks Roosty!

Old 02-28-2020, 10:22 AM

273 posts, read 103,262 times
Quote:

~ Songs with a train in the lyrics or title: 1950s *Good & Plenty* Candy Commercial - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExSlyoVTX3I

~ Songs that have some sort of 'eating' in them: Fig Newton - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyI3IL46yq4

~ The last thing you had a dead battery in: cell phone

~ Have you ever eaten Rice-a-Roni and do you like it? don't think I've ever tried it.

~ Has anyone, that you know personally, gone into hospital during this past week? dad came home a week ago today.

~ Do you know that you can follow the latest information on the Coronavirus at the website: cdc.gov? You can even give an email address to receive the very latest info.. didn't know. but won't be signing up.

~ How many flags should fly on a flagpole where you live? I'll go with what geebabe said.

~ Have you ever heard or seen over-sized vehicles being driven through forests or any other natural areas? Do you think that it should be allowed to happen in our National Forests or any other declared forest/natural areas? Yes. Big problem here with ATVs destroying natural habitat.

~ Gary ___Sinise (love him!)___.

~ ___pep___ tide.

~ Country ___ham___.

~ Water ___shed___.

~ Big __"F in' deal (lol!)____.

~ Do you know someone personally that lies? More than several.

weekend, too! ***
It's a good day to have a good day, All. Thanks, roosty.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:56 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,963,696 times
Good day to all!

"Train Kept A Rollin" Aerosmith
"Peace Train" Cat Stevens
"Crazy Train" Ozzy Osbourne
"Train in Vain" Clash
"Downtown Train" Rod Stewart

Hmmmm

Garage Door keypad

Used to eat it a lot. It's not bad.

Co-worker. Went in yesterday to ICU. Hope it turns out OK!

I know that now!

We just have one flag.

~ Have you ever heard or seen over-sized vehicles being driven through forests or any other natural areas? Do you think that it should be allowed to happen in our National Forests or any other delared forest/natural areas?
I am not familiar with the practice.

~ Gary _Carter "The Kid"_____.

~ _Roll_____ tide.

~ Country _Music_____.

~ Water _Wheel_____.

~ Big __Shot (Billy Joel)____.

Everyone!!!

Old 02-28-2020, 01:38 PM

7,996 posts, read 5,428,567 times
Hi Hi

~ Songs with a train in the lyrics or title: Peace Train

~ Songs that have some sort of 'eating' in them: "Peas, peas, peas, peas, eating goober peas. Goodness, how delicious, eating goober peas"

~ The last thing you had a dead battery in: Scale

~ Have you ever eaten Rice-a-Roni and do you like it? Yes and yes

~ Do you know that you can follow the latest information on the Coronavirus at the website: cdc.gov? Yes

~ How many flags should fly on a flagpole where you live? Two

Depends on what the purpose is...

~ Gary Busey.

~ Low tide.

~ Country fresh air.

~ Water balloon.

~ Big Ben.

~ Do you know someone personally that lies? Yes--two people at work. They lie about the stupidest things.

Have a lovely evening...

Old 02-28-2020, 02:34 PM

24,594 posts, read 26,161,584 times
Glad to hear it Roosty.

Engine Engine Number Nine Roger Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFjYrLxUiXo

Pork And Beans- Weezer

The Equinox.

Yes and meh.

No

I had heard that.

GeeBabe and PJ have the scoop above.

~ Have you ever heard or seen over-sized vehicles being driven through forests or any other natural areas? Do you think that it should be allowed to happen in our National Forests or any other declared forest/natural areas?
Have seen commercial lumber trucks hauling logs to the saw mill with permission. Any other vehicles should only be approved in land set aside for that activity.

~ Gary Sinise______

~ Red tide.

~ Country cookin.

~ Water jug.

~ Big Kahuna______.

weekend, too! ***
Thanx Roosty, well done.

Old 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM

21,649 posts, read 8,805,307 times
Quote:
Well, that's a relief!
Long Train Runnin' - Doobie Brothers
Jambalaya - Hank Williams
My vape pen
I tried it once out of curiosity because of the "San Francisco treat" slogan. I thought it was pretty awful. Way too salty.
No, thankfully.
Thank you, Roosty. That's good to know.
Two or three, I guess. City and County of San Francisco, State of California and U.S. flag.
No, and no.
~ Gary Cooper
~ Neap tide.

~ Country Music.

~ Water Bill.

~ Big Mac.

He's no longer living, but yes.

Thanks, Roosty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics