Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 01:30 PM

44,757 posts, read 62,163,916 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ? No.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ? The dealer and instructions say to use white vinegar.

Bonus:
Do you own a “boxed set” of media-whether cds, dvds, books, or other ? Yes, DVD sets of Red Skelton, Dean Martin, Carol Burnett, and all the music from the Big Band era and also the early Rock and Roll eras.

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ? It's been years for birthday cake, last was with the grandchildren. Nowadays everyone is grown up and goes to the steak house to celebrate and let the cowgirls sing to everyone.

PS: I see some others are having CD computer problems too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 05:19 PM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,685,166 times
Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ?
I have used a coupon to try something new.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ?
No. Our machines have a self-clean setting.

Bonus:
Do you own a “boxed set” of media-whether cds, dvds, books, or other ?
Many

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ?

Something is going very wrong with coding on posts. Had to post without color or bold. YMMV

ETA: You can't post new threads? Something's up.

Last edited by bjh; 01-13-2020 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: can't post new threads

Old 01-14-2020, 12:44 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times
~Good Morning--an a"mazing" day late!~

Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ? ~Yes, I have done that.~

Extra Credit
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ? ~My Nepresso machine--yes~

Bonus:

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ? ~A couple of months ago, for a family member--of course there were candles!~

Today’s Word:
rugalach (or rugelach) /ˈrəɡələKH/ (n.): Twisted dough (often, a cream cheese or sour cream dough) pastry with filling (such as nuts, fruit, or chocolate), which can be also be sliced into cookie-sized portions before baking. ~They are quite tasty treats!~

Today Is:
Korean-American Day
Public Radio Broadcasting Day
National Sticker Day

Today’s Picture:
~Beautiful maze!~

~Hope you had an a"mazing" Monday!~

Old 01-14-2020, 07:05 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,858,923 times
Happy Monday January 13, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ?
I have purchased things simply because I had a coupon or it was on sale, or maybe a discount from places I have worked but I have learned over time to rein in that crazy habit and buy only what I need.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ?
No I've never done that

Bonus:
I do have a zippered pouch with DVD's from an 80's show that I liked. However, I would not recommend buying something like that unless you know the seller is reputable. The DVD's are very poor quality and they have commercials! Someone simply taped them off of the TV and some of the episodes are missing. I could kick myself for getting taken like that

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ?
Uh - I can't remember? We don't normally do big cakes on birthdays anymore. We just go out to eat and hope they give free desserts for birthdays.

Today in History:
1794: George Washington signs the Flag Act, in which the U.S. flag is modified to have 15 stars & 15 stripes (all subsequent flag designs contain 13 stripes)
1888: Formation of the National Geographic Society in Washington D.C.
1930: Birth of actress Frances Sternhagen (Cheers)
1943: Birth of actor Richard Moll (Night Court)
1961: Birth of actress & comedian Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
1970: Birth of screenwriter & producer Shonda Rhimes (Scandal)
1977: Birth of actor Orlando Bloom (Pirates of the Caribbean film series)

Today’s Word:
rugalach (or rugelach) /ˈrəɡələKH/ (n.): Twisted dough (often, a cream cheese or sour cream dough) pastry with filling (such as nuts, fruit, or chocolate), which can be also be sliced into cookie-sized portions before baking.

Today Is:
Korean-American Day
Public Radio Broadcasting Day
National Sticker Day

Today’s Picture:

Entrance & exit are at bottom left & bottom right-

Thought for the Day:
“I’m not a religious person. Chances are that the universe neither treasures nor regrets us.”

-Lionel Shriver

Wishing all y’all a mid-January Monday that you’ll treasure rather than regret

Thanks Cloven!

Last edited by Northsouth; 01-14-2020 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: Edit to correct

Old 01-14-2020, 10:49 PM

44,477 posts, read 20,273,814 times
Just now, I successfully re-formatted my post that I couldn't fix yesterday. Yay!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:18 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,427,785 times
Today’s Question:
Yes, because grocery store had virtual coupon for discount on specific brand of quick cooking rice mix,
but it had turmeric in it so I could only take few bites... though I get points for making the effort to try new thing.

Extra Credit:
Not me personally since I don’t have any of those machines,
bf redeemed virtual coupon from grocery store for free box of dishwasher cleaning tablets, which he used Sunday...
dunno if it worked, to remove the limescale/mineral buildup (forgot to ask him).

Bonus:
Not anymore, but decades ago ex-husband & I bought George Carlin boxed set/CD collection.

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ?
Saturday.
Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ?
Boyfriend.
Did the cake have candles ?
Yes, though the candle count was not reflective of his age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics