Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 06:19 AM

37,884 posts, read 41,339,488 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ?
No

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ?
No, but I'm going to read everyone's answers today to see if they suggest a good thing made specifically for cleaning the inside of the dishwasher. I was just thinking about it this weekend.

Bonus:
Do you own a “boxed set” of media-whether cds, dvds, books, or other ?
Yes, a few like all 6 seasons of Justified, all of the Rocky and Bullwinkle episodes, all of The Equalizer, etc.

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ?
I haven't had birthday cake for like more than 20 years, mine or anyone else, but I have had other special occasion cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 06:32 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,125,735 times
Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ? No

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ? No

Bonus:
Do you own a “boxed set” of media-whether cds, dvds, books, or other? No

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ? Last November, Mine, No candles.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:23 AM

7,454 posts, read 5,563,387 times
Happy Monday January 13, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

[b]Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ? No

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ? No

Bonus:
Do you own a “boxed set” of media-whether cds, dvds, books, or other ? I had the Game of Thrones box set of books.

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ? Last summer, a friends birthday, it had candles.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:52 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,079,459 times
Today’s Question:

Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ? - No nothing that I can think of. I only buy stuff that I figure I'll like, money off the original price isn't an incentive.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ?
- Most of the time vinegar works well enough.

Bonus:
- No

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ? - I can't remember the last time there was a birthday cake around here. However I usually don't eat most cakes.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:09 AM

9,847 posts, read 14,439,299 times
Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ?
No, never did that

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ? No, I prefer the old 'natural' ways for cleaning those appliances

Bonus:
Yes, CD Boxed Sets

Santana - "Moonflower"
Rod Stewart - "Great American Songbook"
Elivis - "From Nashville to Memphis"
John Lennon - "John Lennon and Yoko Ono Wedding Album"
John Lennon - "Lennon"

DVD Boxed Sets
2 Elvis DVD sets

Thanks, Cloven

Old 01-13-2020, 09:55 AM

4,057 posts, read 2,935,552 times
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying ? === I'm not a coupon clipper, so no. However, I've probably bought a clothing item off the clearance rack that I didn't end up wearing.

Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc. ? === Yes, for the dishwasher, but I haven't used it yet.

Do you own a “boxed set” of media-whether cds, dvds, books, or other ? === I do -- Downton Abbey DVDs.

How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ? === November of last year -- my grandson's.

Thanks cloven.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:43 AM

44,488 posts, read 20,304,990 times
Today’s Question:
Can you recall having bought an item using a coupon/on sale, that otherwise (without that promotion/discount) you had no interest in, or at least wouldn’t have considered trying? I can't think of anything specific, but it's very rare for me to buy something that is not on sale or for which I don't have a coupon. It makes no sense to pay full retail price for something, since the item will surely be accessible for a lower price sooner or later.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a product that’s specifically made/marketed for cleaning the inside of a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc.? Nope. I use distilled white vinegar and it works great.

Bonus:
Do you own a “boxed set” of media-whether cds, dvds, books, or other? Yes. I have boxed DVD sets of these TV series: M*A*S*H; Downton Abbey; Freaks & Geeks; Northern Exposure; Everybody Loves Raymond. I also have two boxed sets of Marx Bros. movies.

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake? Last August, I believe. Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own? My sister's birthday. Did the cake have candles? Yep; just one.

Today’s Word:
rugalach (or rugelach) /ˈrəɡələKH/ (n.): Twisted dough (often, a cream cheese or sour cream dough) pastry with filling (such as nuts, fruit, or chocolate), which can be also be sliced into cookie-sized portions before baking. I knew that!

Today Is:
Korean-American Day
Public Radio Broadcasting Day
National Sticker Day

Fun questions! Beautiful maze! Happy Monday, everyone.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-14-2020 at 10:48 PM..

Old 01-13-2020, 10:58 AM

24,716 posts, read 26,312,604 times
Today’s Question:
Yes, mostly food items that look interesting.

Extra Credit:
Yep, brand name is Finish.

Bonus:
National Geographic magazines on cds from 1888 to 2000 + Nat Geo specials. other would be knives.

Just for Fun:
How recently have you consumed birthday cake ? Was it for someone else’s birthday or your own ? Did the cake have candles ?
Last August for my birthday, no candles involved.

Thanx Cloven, nice maze.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:59 AM

44,488 posts, read 20,304,990 times
Sorry about all the format errors, folks. I've posted and deleted my post 5 times and am giving up. Something's really screwy with my formatting today. I'll try again later and see whether the problems has resolved itself.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:10 AM

429 posts, read 290,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
[color="darkred"]Happy Monday January 13, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

[b]Today’s Question:

Yes, yesterday. My Vons (Safeway) app had really good pricing on a large bag of coffee in a brand I have never tried before, and also on a Plant Butter that I am trying for the first time.

Extra Credit:

No, but I am looking at them, I think my dishwasher needs it.

Bonus:

Yes a few: Boxed set of Allman Brothers music and boxed set (2 large volumes) of Larson's Far Side comics. Both gifts that I love.

Just for Fun:
None lately
)
Have to add some text here or I can't submit this. Never tried this before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics