Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 08:08 AM

33,440 posts, read 26,903,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hello from very breezy, cloudy, rainy and sometimes cool south Florida, where I live by the Intracoastal waterway that seperates my home from the Atlantic ocean. A bridge goes from by my house to the beach. Someday, I may just move back to the Florida Gulf coast.

~ On average, how many miles (or kilometers) up above the earth do you think the International Space Station orbits? Approximately 220 miles.

~ If you were aboard the ISS, do you think you could hang out in your socks? Sure. Why not?

~ Do you think if you had a raw egg in the palm of your hand and closed your fingers down on it that you can break it? Yes

~ What holiday was Jingle Bells written for? Thanksgiving. I had to look it up.

~ Can you think of a living creature that the males are the ones that give birth to the young? Seahorses

~ What is the name of the United States military branch that was just created this year? The Spaceforce.

~ White ______icing.

~ Water _______lilly.

~ Red ________October (the movie).

~ Boat________ races.

~ 3 ways you like to have that are made with potatoes: Baked, mashed,

~ Wonder _Woman.

### We're at the top of the stretch! ###
Thanks rainroosty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2019, 08:21 AM

24,687 posts, read 26,266,318 times
Hello from very breezy, cloudy, rainy and sometimes cool south Florida, where I live by the Intracoastal waterway that seperates my home from the Atlantic ocean. A bridge goes from by my house to the beach.

~ On average, how many miles (or kilometers) up above the earth do you think the International Space Station orbits?
200 miles.

~ If you were aboard the ISS, do you think you could hang out in your socks?
Yes you can.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/06-Xm3_Ze1o/maxresdefault.jpg

~ Do you think if you had a raw egg in the palm of your hand and closed your fingers down on it that you can break it?
I think you can.

~ What holiday was Jingle Bells written for?
Black Friday

~ Can you think of a living creature that the males are the ones that give birth to the young?
Sea Horses, I know cuz we had then in a salt water tank

~ What is the name of the United States military branch that was just created this year?
US Space Command

~ White crayon.

~ Water park.

~ Red Cross.

~ Indy car races.

~ 3 ways you like to have that are made with potatoes:
Baked, Mashed and scalloped.

~ Wonder Of Wonders.

Yes we are.

Thanx Roosty

Old 12-27-2019, 08:26 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,852,687 times
Hello from very breezy, cloudy, rainy and sometimes cool south Florida, where I live by the Intracoastal waterway that seperates my home from the Atlantic ocean. A bridge goes from by my house to the beach. Sounds great!

~ On average, how many miles (or kilometers) up above the earth do you think the International Space Station orbits?
I have no idea, have to look it up - 220 miles

lol sure why not

~ Do you think if you had a raw egg in the palm of your hand and closed your fingers down on it that you can break it?
Absolutely

Christmas?

~ Can you think of a living creature that the males are the ones that give birth to the young?
seahorse

~ What is the name of the United States military branch that was just created this year?
US Space Force

~ White wash______.

~ Water _fall______.

~ Red _Rover_______.

~ _horse_______ races.

french fries, baked and mashed

~ Wonder _bread_______.

Thanks Roosty!

Old 12-27-2019, 08:47 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,549,646 times
Hello from very breezy, cloudy, rainy and sometimes cool south Florida, where I live by the Intracoastal waterway that seperates my home from the Atlantic ocean. A bridge goes from by my house to the beach. Cool!

~ On average, how many miles (or kilometers) up above the earth do you think the International Space Station orbits? No clue.

~ If you were aboard the ISS, do you think you could hang out in your socks? Yes

~ Do you think if you had a raw egg in the palm of your hand and closed your fingers down on it that you can break it? Yes

~ What holiday was Jingle Bells written for? Christmas

~ What is the name of the United States military branch that was just created this year? Space Force

~ White water__.

~ Water shed__.

~ Red rose___.

~ horse __ races.

~ 3 ways you like to have that are made with potatoes: French fries, home fries, hash browns.

~ Wonder Woman ___.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:47 AM

126,526 posts, read 19,279,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hello from very breezy, cloudy, rainy and sometimes cool south Florida, where I live by the Intracoastal waterway that seperates my home from the Atlantic ocean. A bridge goes from by my house to the beach.

...................probably

.................I think so

.....................no idea

................seahorses

~ White ______.SNOW

~ Water _______.RAFTING

~ Red ________.CHERRIES

~HORSE ________ races.

...............potato parathas,garlic mashed potatoes,German potato salad

~ Wonder ________.WINTERFEST

THANK YOU roosty

Old 12-27-2019, 10:57 AM

8,878 posts, read 13,995,456 times
Hello all!

Hello from very breezy, cloudy, rainy and sometimes cool south Florida, where I live by the Intracoastal waterway that separates my home from the Atlantic ocean. A bridge goes from by my house to the beach.
I do miss living by the shore. There was something special about it for sure!

100? I have no clue.

Maybe. But do you need to wear weighted shoes due to the lack of gravity?

Probably, especially if it's NOT supposed to be broken.

Valentines Day?

No idea.

The Space Force!

~ White _Christmas_____.

~ Water _Balloons______.

~ Red _Rider BB Gun_______.

~ _Foot_______ races.

I don't understand the question...

~ Wonder __Years______.

Hope everyone has a great day and a terrific weekend!

Old 12-27-2019, 11:28 AM

9,825 posts, read 14,410,533 times
~ On average, how many miles (or kilometers) up above the earth do you think the International Space Station orbits? 175 miles

~ If you were aboard the ISS, do you think you could hang out in your socks? No clue

~ Do you think if you had a raw egg in the palm of your hand and closed your fingers down on it that you can break it? No, not unless you squeezed it

~ What holiday was Jingle Bells written for? Not for any holiday

~ Can you think of a living creature that the males are the ones that give birth to the young? No

~ What is the name of the United States military branch that was just created this year? Space Service

~ White Wedding Day (Billy Idol)

~ Water Rafting

~ Red Neck

~ Pig races

~ 3 ways you like to have that are made with potatoes: Not much of a potato fan

~ Wonder Woman

Thanks, RR! We're pretty close to the Atlantic Ocean, too...and the Delaware Bay

Old 12-27-2019, 03:46 PM

259,024 posts, read 91,068,914 times

~ What holiday was Jingle Bells written for? It was Thanksgiving when I went to school.

~ What is the name of the United States military branch that was just created this year? Space Force

~ White Water.

~ Water Rolls.

~ Red Sails.

~ Boat races.

~ Wonder Years.

Old 12-27-2019, 04:27 PM

44,469 posts, read 20,260,251 times
Hello from very breezy, cloudy, rainy and sometimes cool south Florida, where I live by the Intracoastal waterway that seperates my home from the Atlantic ocean. A bridge goes from by my house to the beach. Sounds like a lovely place.

~ On average, how many miles (or kilometers) up above the earth do you think the International Space Station orbits? I have no idea. I'll say lots.

~ If you were aboard the ISS, do you think you could hang out in your socks? Sure! Count me in.

~ Do you think if you had a raw egg in the palm of your hand and closed your fingers down on it that you can break it? I think so, though I've never tried it.

~ What holiday was Jingle Bells written for? I'm guessing no holiday but simply wintertime.

~ Can you think of a living creature that the males are the ones that give birth to the young? I seem tor recall that seahorses do this.

~ What is the name of the United States military branch that was just created this year? I don't know.

~ White frosting.

~ Water balloon.

~ Red-nosed reindeer.

~ A Day At The Races. One of my favorite Marx Bros. movies.

~ 3 ways you like to have that are made with potatoes: Baked with butter and sour cream; roasted baby red potatoes; American fries.

~ Wonder Years. It was a good TV series.

### We're at the top of the stretch! ### Um, okay. *haha* Not sure what this means. Sounds sort of like a horse racing term. Thanks for the fun Fill-Ins, roosty! Sorry I'm late to the party. I've been busy all day preparing for and then serving a fancy schmancy Christmas dinner for the ladies from my church circle. They left just a bit ago and this is my first chance to get online all day. Better late than never!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:52 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,044,956 times
Enough

Outside a window

Not going to try

~ What holiday was Jingle Bells written for? Christmas

Nope

The Space Force

~ White wash

~ Water jug

~ Red paint

~ Rat races.

Baked, mashed and fried

~ Wonder Bread

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics