Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 08:27 AM

33,360 posts, read 26,626,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Hello! Good morning.

~ Where would you look for an 'anhinga'? Near a lake.
~ Where might you find a 'plectrum'? In the hand of someone picking a guitar.

~ How can you get your kicks? Doing whatever it is you like to do best.

~ Roughly or exactly, how long ago did you last have Chinese food? Too many years ago to remember.

~ Have you ever cleaned your own fish? No

~ What place on planet earth is spinning faster than the other...Key West or Chicago? Key West. Since the earth is a solid body and the earth is wider at the equator, in order for the entire planet to make one rotation in a twenty four hour period it has to spin faster at the equator than at the poles. At the equator the earth spins at about 1,040 miles per hour. At the poles the rate of spin is about .00005 mph.

~ What is your opinion of Roman numerals being used in this society today? I'm fine with it.

~ I want to kill most clocks. What do you want to kill? Rap music. Can't stand it.

~ Where should we move to together, you and me? Toward an agreement over something or other?

~ What do you think about a good bologna (baloney for Pam) sandwich and what does the one in your mind look like and what does it have on it? As a kid I would eat bologna sandwiches with lots of yellow mustard. If I still ate them, that's how I would eat one today.

~ How come most people on here don't ever really want to meet for real? There could be various reasons.

~ I just get it...do you? In my more lucid moments.

~ **** I'm going to go catch a buzz on my porch before the light comes. Ta! **** ~Hopefully, that won't include a fly buzzing around you.
Have a good one rainroosty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 08:36 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,839,974 times
[quote=rainroosty;55199128]~ Hello!

~ Where would you look for an 'anhinga'?

In the dictionary first to find out what that is.
~ Where might you find a 'plectrum'?

Ditto.
~ How can you get your kicks?

On another sunset bike ride. It was beautiful out there. The sunset was spectacular and the almost full moon was rising.
~ Roughly or exactly, how long ago did you last have Chinese food?

About 3 days ago and it made me so sick.
~ Have you ever cleaned your own fish?

Many times.
~ What place on planet earth is spinning faster than the other...Key West or Chicago?

Chicago. Everything moves faster in the windy city.
~ What is your opinion of Roman numerals being used in this society today?

They're fun to figure out.
~ I want to kill most clocks. What do you want to kill?

Right now, John
~ Where should we move to together, you and me?

How about the Poconos?

~ What do you think about a good bologna (baloney for Pam) sandwich and what does the one in your mind look like and what does it have on it?

I really don't think I could eat that.
~ How come most people on here don't ever really want to meet for real?
I would love to meet you. Heck, I went all the way to Scotland and met a City Data friend. We had a wonderful time together. I've also met two people in Maine from City Data. There's many more I'd love to meet.

~ I just get it...do you?
Most of the time I do.

~ **** I'm going to go catch a buzz on my porch before the light comes. Ta! **** ~

Okay, now I really want to meet you

Thanks roosty. Off to roller skate.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:59 AM

5,918 posts, read 3,818,933 times
~ Hello!

no clue without looking it up

buy them at the shoe store

On Mother's Day

I've tried, after all I did grow up on the coast but not for me.

~ What place on planet earth is spinning faster than the other...Key West or Chicago?

Meh I don't think we need to keep using them

Those carpenter bees that are taking over both of my wood deck/steps

You can move here if you want, I have no interest in moving right now

~ What do you think about a good bologna (baloney for Pam) sandwich and what does the one in your mind look like and what does it have on it?
Bologna is ok, I don't ever buy it. But if I were to make a bologna sandwich I would put mayo, a tiny bit of mustard, cheese and lettuce on it.

I didn't know that most people didn't want to meet, I wouldn't mind it but for me it's a matter of finances and being able to travel. I imagine it's the same for some of the others.

Get what?

~ **** I'm going to go catch a buzz on my porch before the light comes. Ta! **** ~

Thanks Roosty!

Old 05-17-2019, 10:02 AM

44,410 posts, read 20,150,023 times
~ Hello! Hello, roosty!

~ Where would you look for an 'anhinga'? I don't know. A zoo?

~ Where might you find a 'plectrum'? A music store. It's another word for a guitar pick.

~ How can you get your kicks? By driving on Route 66.

~ Roughly or exactly, how long ago did you last have Chinese food? A few months ago. I was thinking about Chinese food yesterday. Perhaps I'll have some soon.

~ Have you ever cleaned your own fish? Yes. I did when I was a young'un. When I fished with my dad, we always cleaned the fish together afterward.

~ What place on planet earth is spinning faster than the other...Key West or Chicago? Hmm. I'm guessing it's Chicago because Chicago is farther north and therefore its revolution is a shorter distance - and, consequently, faster - than Key West's as the earth turns on its axis. Or is it the opposite of my reasoning?

~ What is your opinion of Roman numerals being used in this society today? Archaic; I see no need for them.

~ I want to kill most clocks. What do you want to kill? Telemarketing companies.

~ Where should we move to together, you and me? Michigan's Upper Peninsula, where we could enjoy the forests and critters and no crowded cities.

~ What do you think about a good bologna (baloney for Pam) sandwich and what does the one in your mind look like and what does it have on it? I think I'd like some slices of thick-cut baloney on whole-grain wheat bread with mayo and Dijon mustard, with one slice of lettuce.

~ How come most people on here don't ever really want to meet for real? Could be many reasons. I started to list them, but the list was getting too long so I deleted it. Everyone's life is different, so most reasons are probably unique to the individuals. There are lots of C-D members I'd like to meet someday, but responsibilities and other priorities get in the way of that.

~ I just get it...do you? Yep.

~ **** I'm going to go catch a buzz on my porch before the light comes. Ta! **** ~ Happy buzz-day. Er, I mean, happy Fryday! Thanks for the Fill-Ins, roosty!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-17-2019 at 10:19 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 11:00 AM

24,569 posts, read 26,127,399 times
~ Hello!Howdy.

Zoo

I had a couple years ago.

Cruising on Route 66.

Last month.

When Moby Dick was a minnow.

Key West.

Not much, do away with them.

All diseases. robo callers, spammers, and trolls. Social Mesdia Too.

I'm staying put, come west and visit Roosty.

Rye bread, Miricale Whip, 2 slices of balonie, slice of onion an sliced dill pickle.

Money, distance, time, paranoia, fear?

I sure do-I think.

Thanx Roosty, great Q/s.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:06 AM

30,708 posts, read 16,352,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Hello!

Hello.

I wouldn't have known except for the photo. In a tree. Think I'll take an umbrella.

another mystery solved by others.

looking for rainbows. or hippos. whichever.

few months. Don't know if it's me or the restaurants but it just doesn't taste as good as it did.

I don't have any fish but if I did they'd not be cleaned by me.

guessing the Keys.

I can read them but don't really see the point of their being used.

dustbunnies

doesn't seem practical roosty. You seem to like hot weather. me, not so much.

didn't know there was such a thing as a good bologna sandwich. Maybe if you smother it in onions, cheese, tomato slices, and yellow mustard.....

The illusion is preferable to the reality.

yea but I think it's curable. (couldn't resist
)
thanks, roost. have a great day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRKTXCRqRXQ

Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 AM

903 posts, read 587,011 times
Boy, making us work today. It has been a while since I shaved my legs (Male). When I was previously running much more and using RockTape I did so that I wasn't constantly ripping it off.

Maybe in the south somewhere. I guess it likes warm weather climates.

Sounds like a bacteria, but apparently not. But, I won't give it away.

Coaching, running, spending time with family

Probably been about a month

Yes, and I don't even like to eat it.

This seems like a trick question. I wouldn't guess either one, but maybe it has something to do with distance from the equator so I'll go with Chicago.

It forces a lot of people to try to learn something new like looking up 'anhinga' so that is good. I learned them a long-time ago so I don't mind.

I'm not sure I can say in a public forum. How about impatient lane switchers on the highway.

Like some elevation. Placerville, CA might be nice.

I'm vegan can't eat it anymore, but my mom use to make them. Just Baloney, mustard, and mayo. My dad also use to fry it.

Easier to be mostly anonymous. And these days, it is a bit scary. You just don't know if the person is good or a serial killer.

I don't know. There are a lot of people in this world, that I don't get.

~ **** I'm going to go catch a buzz on my porch before the light comes. Ta! ****

Have a fantastic weekend.
cd :O)

Old 05-17-2019, 12:06 PM

62,065 posts, read 87,781,978 times
NEVER shaved my legs. Perhaps I am less related to the hominids than others?

~ Hello!

Howdy!!

Google search??

Rock music bands? guitarists?

Just by being (still) alive

It has been awhile. Chinese food deteriorates every year here and now barely resembles the authentic food experience. Everywhere, everyone serves the same junk.
I would visit a place serving Xiao Long Bao and Siu Mai. They aren't popular here, though. The best I ever had was in Din Tai Fung, Glendale, CA. Heavenly!!
https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyl...nese-dumplings

Yes. When I bought it directly from a fisher boat. I also used to buy a live carp for Christmas Eve. It was happily swimming in a container till it was.. consumed. So I had to make it ready and presentable on a platter

Key West, although the difference is very small. The Earth spins the slowest at the top and the bottom of the axis - North and South Pole and fastest at the Equator.

I learned them in school. I can read the numbers. It belongs to the general knowledge. While everything tends to be digital nowadays, there are places where numbers are Roman and it's good to understand what they mean.
They are still used in almost all cases for the copyright date on films, television programs, and videos. They are also used to show the hours on some analog clocks and watches. Sporting events are often numbered using Roman numerals. Monarchs are usually numbered in Roman.
Adding and subtracting (simple arithmetic) is very easy with Roman numerals.
There are only SEVEN numbers to learn - now, how hard can it be???

~ I want to kill most clocks.

Time passing is inevitable. Killing the clocks don't change the fact.

What do you want to kill?

Growing presence of stupidity.

Somewhere colder. Not sure about you, but I am so sick of the heat. But it will be fun!! You cook - I clean. You play music - I listen... Very harmonious couple, we could be ...

I don't think there is a "good" bologna. It's a mystery meat to me... and while I am very adventurous, otherwise - I am trying not to expose my guts to any food mysteries...

Nowadays lots of people don't know how and are afraid to interact with others in real world. The technology made us socially crippled. We are losing the human connection. Not me, though.

I get it too.

The only buzz I can catch on my porch is coming from the mosquitos.

Thank you, rainrosty. Go and enjoy your buzz, I rather stay at home. lol

Last edited by elnina; 05-17-2019 at 10:33 PM..

Old 05-17-2019, 01:18 PM

9,752 posts, read 14,324,716 times
~ Hello!

~ Where would you look for an 'anhinga'? Some place that anhingas are never found

~ Where might you find a 'plectrum'? The mountains of Kentucky

~ How can you get your kicks? Playing penny slots.... I'm a simple person.

~ Roughly or exactly, how long ago did you last have Chinese food? This afternoon I had some stir fry chicken/vegetables/rice at a small Chinese restaurant here

~ Have you ever cleaned your own fish? Yes, and I've cleaned musrat, too! I'm no sissy!

~ What place on planet earth is spinning faster than the other...Key West or Chicago? Haven't a clue

~ What is your opinion of Roman numerals being used in this society today? No opinion, I have bigger fish to fry

~ I want to kill most clocks. What do you want to kill? Too much of that going on

~ Where should we move to together, you and me? Sorry, I'm old and married

~ What do you think about a good bologna (baloney for Pam) sandwich ...Repulsive...and what does the one in your mind look like something I won't eat and what does it have on it? Doesn't matter, I want no parts of it

~ How come most people on here don't ever really want to meet for real? As for me, I have real friends, real business associates, and a real family. But, I enjoy the diversion here

~ I just get it...do you? No, I got it.

Do your thing
Thanks, RR, for those off the wall (that's a compliment) questions Hope you're o.k. with my off the wall answers.

Last edited by rdlr; 05-17-2019 at 01:27 PM..

Old 05-17-2019, 02:12 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,023,683 times
~ Hello!

At the end of aisle 3

At the Plectrum Are Us store

Drive on Route 66

Around 2 months ago

I have

In terms of RPM's they spin the same speed. In terms of MPH the nod goes to Key West

They have there place.

Cramped seating in airplanes

The Playboy Mansion

Does a good bologna sandwich even exist? I don't think so. No matter how it is sliced it is still baloney.

For me it is because of my alleged ties to a certain stinky cheese mafia. If animalcrazy ever really found out who I was she would probably try to blackmail me into eating yucky veggies or turn me over to the BSCI (Bureau of Stinky Cheese Investigation) police.

Is there a prize if I do?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics