Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 01:56 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,624,039 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Welcome to Wednesday’s Questions.

Today’s theme is “food, glorious food.”

Today's Question(s):
You’re traveling, and you have dietary restrictions. Your gracious host prepares a lovely dinner for you of many things that, if you eat them, would make you ill. It would be very rude to reject the food as your host has worked very hard to see that you have a good meal. What do you do and how do you make the decision?

Bonus Question(s):
Describe a perfect dinner; where are you, who is with you, and what’s on your plate?

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet?
cake or pie?
cheesecake or tiramisu?
pudding or Jell-O?
whipped cream or no?
cherry on top?

Synonyms:
for “foodie;” connoisseur, gastronome, gourmand

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1965 Beatles attend a Bob Dylan concert
Birthday: 1979 Rosario Dawson, U.S. Actress
Science/Technology: 1785 British inventor Joseph Bramah patents beer-pump handle
Sports: 1984 White Sox and Brewers play 8:06, game, longest timed baseball game, 25 innings

Today Is: :
Butterscotch Brownie Day
Donate A Day’s Wages To Charity Day
Lost Sock Memorial Day
Moscato Day
Receptionists Day
Root Canal Appreciation Day
School Nurse Day
Third Shift Worker’s Day

Quote of the Day:
"You only live once. You don't want your tombstone to read: 'Played it Safe’.” ~ Rosario Dawson ~

Thanx for playing everyone.
Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 03:51 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,879,076 times
Mornin' all! Mornin'! I woke up early.

Today's Question(s):
You’re traveling, and you have dietary restrictions. Your gracious host prepares a lovely dinner for you of many things that, if you eat them, would make you ill. It would be very rude to reject the food as your host has worked very hard to see that you have a good meal. What do you do and how do you make the decision? If I'm staying with someone then s/he must be a close friend and would know about the restrictions. If not, I would apologize, explain and offer to take us out to dinner. I would hope someone staying with me would just tell me and not take a chance on being sick.

Bonus Question(s):
Describe a perfect dinner; where are you, who is with you, and what’s on your plate? One of my favorite meals was a picnic with friends on the porch at Saint Gaudens. They hadn't opened for the season & so we had the place to ourselves. Everyone brought something to share. I don't remember what we had except several bottles of wine were shared and we spent a few hours talking and laughing together.

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet? Either. If I have to choose then this morning I'll have sherbet. Tonight I might have ice cream.
cake or pie? Up until last week I probably would have said cake, but I found a small place in a nearby town that has homemade pie. My grands had apple sour cream pie and I had strawberry sour cream. We almost licked out plates clean, so delicious!
cheesecake or tiramisu? Cheesecake, pumpkin cheesecake, please.
pudding or Jell-O?
whipped cream or no? Well, of course...
cherry on top? Why not?

Synonyms:

Butterscotch Brownie Day My mother made butterscotch brownies. We called them "goomers."
Donate A Day’s Wages To Charity Day Gladly. I know exactly who I'll donate to.
Lost Sock Memorial Day Ha!
Moscato Day Like
Receptionists Day Ok
Root Canal Appreciation Day What?
School Nurse Day Our school nurse is always busy.
Third Shift Worker’s Day I don't think I know anyone who works third shift any more.

Quote of the Day:
"You only live once. You don't want your tombstone to read: 'Played it Safe’.” ~ Rosario Dawson ~

Have a great day! Thanks, Pats Cats!

Old 05-09-2018, 04:22 AM

30,950 posts, read 16,537,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
You’re traveling, and you have dietary restrictions. Your gracious host prepares a lovely dinner for you of many things that, if you eat them, would make you ill. It would be very rude to reject the food as your host has worked very hard to see that you have a good meal. What do you do and how do you make the decision?

Tell them before they cooked the meal.

Bonus Question(s):
Describe a perfect dinner; where are you, who is with you, and what’s on your plate?

not into fancy restaurants so 'where' would be a picnic, 'who' would be a few friends, 'on the plate' would be grilled chicken and whatever else was fixed.

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet?
ice cream usually

cake or pie?

cake unless it's lemon meringue pie

cheesecake or tiramisu?
cheesecake.

pudding or Jell-O?

pudding but sometimes jello

whipped cream or no?

yes if it's real whipped cream

cherry on top?

yes-that'd count as 1 serving of fruit, right?
Synonyms:
for “foodie;” connoisseur, gastronome, gourmand,
glutten

Today in History:

Sports: 1984 White Sox and Brewers play 8:06, game, longest timed baseball game, 25 innings-
now that's (yawn) exciting.

Butterscotch Brownie Day
Lost Sock Memorial Day
Moscato Day
Receptionists Day
School Nurse Day
Third Shift Worker’s Day

Quote of the Day:

actually I think mine should read 'who the heck was she?'

Have a great day!
thanks, pc

have a great day everyone.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:49 AM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times
Today's Question(s):

I do have dietary restrictions.

The decision between me going to a hospital or somehow hurting someones feelings due to lack of understanding is an easy one for me to make.

Bonus Question(s):
- Salmon, steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms and garlic. Maybe a baked potato with that although I could be flexible.

I am alone but not by choice...

I also cook this myself so I am home.

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet?
- Ice cream
cake or pie? - Cake, prefer chocolate or red velvet
cheesecake or tiramisu? - Cheesecake
pudding or Jell-O? - Haven't had either in years.
whipped cream or no? - Sure. Take that ice cream and make it a sundae.
cherry on top? - Yes.

Thanks, PatsCats.
Happy Wednesday!

Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 AM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
You’re traveling, and you have dietary restrictions. Your gracious host prepares a lovely dinner for you of many things that, if you eat them, would make you ill. It would be very rude to reject the food as your host has worked very hard to see that you have a good meal. What do you do and how do you make the decision?......Before any guest of mine comes I always confirm if they have any food restrictions regarding food allergies or something they don't like!

Bonus Question(s):
Describe a perfect dinner; where are you, who is with you, and what’s on your plate?......How about fish and chips , coleslaw and Grolsch beer while staying with family and friends in the old city of Quebec City

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet?..... BOTH
cake or pie?....Cake
cheesecake or tiramisu?.... Cheesecake
pudding or Jell-O?... Pudding
whipped cream or no?..... preferably not
cherry on top?...No

Synonyms:

Today in History:
Science/Technology: 1785 British inventor Joseph Bramah patents beer-pump handle
Sports: 1984 White Sox and Brewers play 8:06, game, longest timed baseball game, 25 innings

Butterscotch Brownie Day
Lost Sock Memorial Day
Moscato Day
Receptionists Day
School Nurse Day
Third Shift Worker’s Day

Quote of the Day:
"You only live once. You don't want your tombstone to read: 'Played it Safe’.” ~ Rosario Dawson ~ .....great quote

Have a great day!
THANK YOU PatsCats

Old 05-09-2018, 06:42 AM

19,728 posts, read 10,555,508 times
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet? ice cream
cake or pie? pie
cheesecake or tiramisu? cheesecake
pudding or Jell-O? pudding
whipped cream or no? no
cherry on top? no

Old 05-09-2018, 06:48 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,068 posts, read 82,368,103 times

Today's Question(s):
You’re traveling, and you have dietary restrictions. Your gracious host prepares a lovely dinner for you of many things that, if you eat them, would make you ill. It would be very rude to reject the food as your host has worked very hard to see that you have a good meal. What do you do and how do you make the decision? I would thank them and calmly explain. Hopefully they would understand and maybe offer me a bologna sandwich or something.

Bonus Question(s):
Describe a perfect dinner; where are you, who is with you, and what’s on your plate? With my wife of course, at a rooftop restaurant overlooking a mountain lake, and on my plate would be Osso Buco with braised vegetables, and sourdough bread with butter.

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet? Ice cream
cake or pie? Pie
cheesecake or tiramisu? Cheesecake
pudding or Jell-O? Pudding (butterscotch or Pistachio)
whipped cream or no? Yes, lots!
cherry on top? Yes

Old 05-09-2018, 07:31 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times

Today's Question(s):
You’re traveling, and you have dietary restrictions. Your gracious host prepares a lovely dinner for you of many things that, if you eat them, would make you ill. It would be very rude to reject the food as your host has worked very hard to see that you have a good meal. What do you do and how do you make the decision? I would be honest and explain that I can't eat the meal because I don't want to get sick.

Bonus Question(s):
Describe a perfect dinner; where are you, who is with you, and what’s on your plate? My family is with me. Filet Mignon, lobster tail, twice baked potato, asparagus in cheese sauce. Creme brûlée for dessert.

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet? Ice cream
cake or pie? Cake
cheesecake or tiramisu? Cheesecake
pudding or Jell-O? Pudding
whipped cream or no? Yes
cherry on top? Yes

Old 05-09-2018, 07:46 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,966,365 times
Today's Question(s):
Wait, let me get this right. You are asking whether I will choose to get sick and maybe even die by eating food someone made for me just because they worked hard on it? NO!

Bonus Question(s):
I am with my grandsons, son, daughter-in-law and my husband at my new house eating anything my son made for us. He is a super chef who enjoys cooking for his family.

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet?
cake or pie?
cheesecake or tiramisu?
pudding or Jell-O?
whipped cream or no?
cherry on top? sure

Quote of the Day:
"You only live once........” ~Rosario Dawson
Not if you believe in reincarnation.

Groovy Wednesday wishes to everybody!

Last edited by geebabe; 05-09-2018 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-09-2018, 07:52 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,856,818 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
I would have informed them beforehand about the restrictions so I wouldn't have to be put in that situation

Bonus Question(s):
We're at Olive Garden, I'm with my family and I'm having Manicotti

Just for fun:
Dessert!
ice cream or sherbet? ice cream
cake or pie? cake
cheesecake or tiramisu? cheesecake
pudding or Jell-O? pudding
whipped cream or no? yes
cherry on top? sure why not

Synonyms:

Today in History:

Butterscotch Brownie Day
Lost Sock Memorial Day
Moscato Day
Receptionists Day
School Nurse Day
Third Shift Worker’s Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a great day!

Thanks PC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics