Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 03:32 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,875,747 times

Advertisements

~ A time that one has to roll the dice: Any time you take a risk.

~ List one body of water...be a little creative...everyone reading our answers later on is hoping to see some more fun answers. The stream that runs through the valley below me.

~ What's your opinion about canned soups? Blech!

~ Would you ever put a 'bumper sticker' on your car or truck or who knows what it is you're driving? I have two on a back side window, both from a beach in Maine. There were two on my last car too. One was from a jazz festival and the other was a moose.

~ How about it? Did ya get ya some corn this crop? Didn't, but did wander around a corn maze.

~ What do you like to do if you have a half a whole roasted turkey? Make turkey soup or leftover turkey sandwiches with dressing and cranberry sauce.

~ 3 good cheeses are: Smoked gouda, brie, cheddar with horseradish

Fryday Experimental Restaurant Feature: ...and it's always completely RANDOM! :

Please tell us your order for right now after perusing the menu! From the Friday night menu, I'll have a bowl of chowder.

Welcome

Click the link --^

Wow, that was somethin gnu. We were in Massachusettes there for a bit.

Here's a Don's Diner somewhere in Pittsburgh: Well, they're closed now.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/dons-diner-pittsburgh

...and Irvington, New Jersey!: Can't get to the menu.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/dons-diner-irvington

~ What an adventure we had visiting all 3 Dons. They all decided to open diners and they likely don't even know each other.
Which brings us to our final question:

What sort of business would you like to have run at one time or another? Or do you want to do the same as what 3 out of 3 Dons did! A book & music store with a small cafe.

Babbling ducks and clucks alike, have a peaceful, easy weekend...~from roosty for you~ Sounds good to me!
Thanks, roosty!
EDITED TO ADD: Looks to me like Don's Diner at the PITTSBURGH location is the big winner here, to me! Yayyyy! Thanks, Don in Pittsburgh!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM

14,952 posts, read 8,265,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ A time that one has to roll the dice: Every decision, so to speak.

~ List one body of water...be a little creative...everyone reading our answers later on is hoping to see some more fun answers.
Cumberland Falls

~ What's your opinion about canned soups?
Blah...too salty....I do still like the Tomato Soup though!

~ Would you ever put a 'bumper sticker' on your car or truck or who knows what it is you're driving?

~ How about it? Did ya get ya some corn this crop?
I had some delicious corn this year...but here that the weather hurt this years crop.

~ What do you like to do if you have a half a whole roasted turkey?
Eat it hot from the oven with stuffing, cranberry compote, corn or green beans and mashed potatoes.
Pumpkin Pie for dessert.

~ 3 good cheeses are:
Ah, love cheese...it's hard to only name three!
Real American Cheese (not the kind individually wrapped in plastic), Gouda, and Swiss.

Please tell us your order for right now after perusing the menu!

Welcome

Click the link --^BLT/hashbrowns

Here's a Don's Diner somewhere in Pittsburgh:

...and Irvington, New Jersey!:

~ What an adventure we had visiting all 3 Dons. They all decided to open diners and they likely don't even know each other.

What sort of business would you like to have run at one time or another? Or do you want to do the same as what 3 out of 3 Dons did!

Babbling ducks and clucks alike, have a peaceful, easy weekend...~from roosty for you~

EDITED TO ADD: Looks to me like Don's Diner at the PITTSBURGH location is the big winner here, to me! Yayyyy! Thanks, Don in Pittsburgh!
Great Questions!!! Have a great Weekend everyone!

Old 11-03-2017, 05:48 PM

21,685 posts, read 8,825,750 times
~ A time that one has to roll the dice:
Before saying "I do."

~ List one body of water...be a little creative...everyone reading our answers later on is hoping to see some more fun answers.
My bathtub.

I like Progresso. I use Campbell's only for cooking if a recipe calls for it. But nothing is better than homemade soup.

~ Would you ever put a 'bumper sticker' on your car or truck or who knows what it is you're driving?
No. I prefer to be anonymous. But I like reading bumper stickers on other people's cars. You can tell a lot about a person that way.

Not any fresh corn from a farm, but I did serve corn on the cob for dinner on the Fourth of July.

Serve some of it and freeze the rest.

~ 3 good cheeses are:
Cheddar
Stilton
Brie

Welcome

Click the link --^

I'll have the regular Eggs Benedict with a cup of coffee.

Wow, that was somethin gnu. We were in Massachusetts there for a bit.

What sort of business would you like to have run at one time or another? Or do you want to do the same as what 3 out of 3 Dons did!
I'd like to run a clothing business for women like me who are over 50 and can't find stylish clothing that is flattering and well-made. The restaurant business is much too stressful for me.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 11-03-2017, 07:02 PM

39,140 posts, read 23,127,287 times
~ A time that one has to roll the dice: At the gaming tables in Las Vegas.

~ List one body of water...be a little creative...everyone reading our answers later on is hoping to see some more fun answers. Lake Minnetonka.

~ What's your opinion about canned soups? Ick.

~ Would you ever put a 'bumper sticker' on your car or truck or who knows what it is you're driving? No, because sometimes they're hard to remove.

~ How about it? Did ya get ya some corn this crop? No, since I don't plant corn.

~ What do you like to do if you have a half a whole roasted turkey? Chow down and make sure it has all the fixings.

~ 3 good cheeses are: Mozzarella, Monterey Jack and American.

Please tell us your order for right now after perusing the menu! Burger with fries and raspberry iced tea.

Welcome

Click the link --^

What sort of business would you like to have run at one time or another? Or do you want to do the same as what 3 out of 3 Dons did! Computer repair or medical transcription.

HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Old 11-04-2017, 04:14 PM

37,684 posts, read 61,776,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ A time that one has to roll the dice:
Multiple-choice Test taking [after I rule out the obvious wrong answer]
Quote:

the 'deep mantle' ocean, the world's largest ocean https://www.livescience.com/1312-hug...red-earth.html
Quote:

Too salty
Quote:

Yes, I have one for each fraternity I belong to
Quote:

No
Quote:

Invite friends
Quote:

~ 3 good cheeses are:
Swiss, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack
Quote:

Welcome
Chef salad with salsa for dressing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics