Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 12:07 AM

38,953 posts, read 22,954,621 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Do you put up/bring out any decor specifically
for Halloween ? I put a Jack-O-Lantern in my backyard.
Have you ever placed a scarecrow on your property ? No.

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ? Eye exam a month ago plus I got new glasses.
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ? It took me a couple of days to get used to the new prescription. I also had a little bit of a headache but that's normal for me whenever I get a stronger prescription.

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ? No.

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? No, neither.
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ? I've seen a few block wall fences around here covered with ivy but not buildings.

Enjoy the last Monday of October!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 12:21 AM

14,815 posts, read 8,142,283 times
Today’s Question:
for Halloween ?
No....I did a bit when my son was younger, occasionally I will sit out Pumpkins,
Gourds or Jack O lanterns - that's it.

Have you ever placed a scarecrow on your property ?

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ? Not recently.
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ?

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ?

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? Not at this time.
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ?

Great Questions! Have a great week everyone!

Old 10-30-2017, 12:26 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,401,959 times
Happy A"mazing" Monday!

Today’s Question:
Do you put up/bring out any decor specifically [/color][/b][b][color=darkred] for Halloween ? I used to when I my sons were growing up.
Have you ever placed a scarecrow on your property ? ^ Yes

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ? About a year ago
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ? Nope

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ? Some of my sons stuff are still here.

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? Used to
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ?

Today Is:
Create A Great Funeral Day
World Audio Drama Day
National Candy Corn Day
Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Political Repressions (Russia)

It is pretty windy here this morning... 16-20 mph going up to 33 mph today--wind is not my favorite weather condition. Have a super day!

Old 10-30-2017, 05:02 AM

36,448 posts, read 16,054,057 times
Happy Monday October 30, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Do you put up/bring out any decor specifically for Halloween ? No
Have you ever placed a scarecrow on your property ? No

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ?It's been a while, I'm due for an exam.
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ? Yes, the first time I got no-line bifocals, I felt like I was going to fall of a curb

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ? No

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? Hanging seasonal flowers.
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ?I've seen some here and the Kudzu can take over a building.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:08 AM

126,310 posts, read 19,095,578 times
Posting sooner than usual because high-wind warnings make me concerned about possible
loss of electricity overnight (could be a lot of bother about nothing, but you just never can be sure) Hope all is well with you cloven

Today’s Question:
Do you put up/bring out any decor specifically for Halloween ? No decoration here

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ?
Eye exam yes but still using same prescription and glasses

If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ? Yes a few days

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ? Not anymore

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? Yes hanging flower plants
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ? I have seen some

Today in History:
1864: Founding and naming of the town Helena, Montana (formerly “Last Chance Gulch”-now the state’s capital)
1939: Birth of musician and singer-songwriter Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane/Starship)
1945: Birth of actor, director, and author Henry Winkler (Happy Days, Arrested Development)
1953: Birth of actor, screenwriter & director Charles Martin Smith (“American Graffiti”, “Never Cry Wolf”)
1960: Michael Woodruff performs the UK’s first successful kidney transplant, between identical twins
1961: Birth of writer, comedian, and actor Larry Wilmore (Black-ish, Insecure)
1963: Birth of actor Michael Beach (“Waiting to Exhale”, Third Watch)
1970: Birth of actress Nia Long (Third Watch, Boston Legal)
1973: Official opening of the eight-lane Bosphorus Bridge, connecting European & Asian portions of Turkey

Today’s Word:
rollicking /ˈrälikiNG/ (adj.): Boisterous, raucous, energetically upbeat, joyously loud and or/rowdy.

Today Is:
Create A Great Funeral Day
World Audio Drama Day
National Candy Corn Day
Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Political Repressions (Russia)

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center and to lower left of middle-

Thought for the Day:
“Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.”
-George Orwell

Wishing you a day without worries over weather-related hazards.

Thank you cloven

Old 10-30-2017, 06:14 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,610,812 times
Posting sooner than usual because high-wind warnings make me concerned about possible
loss of electricity overnight (could be a lot of bother about nothing, but you just never can be sure)

hope you kept power overnight!
Today’s Question:
Do you put up/bring out any decor specifically [/color][/b] for Halloween ? no but we might next year - it seems to be all the rage in our new neighborhood!
Have you ever placed a scarecrow on your property ? not my property but we did on the farm when I was little

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ? no I need to - and dentist and doctor
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ? no I adjusted quickly each time

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ? no

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? no
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ? yes many. One is an office building that has a vertical garden that shows the company logo in organic matter. It's pretty neat. They also built a green building early on and won awards for its design - leed certified

Wishing you a day without worries over weather-related hazards.
many thanks!

Old 10-30-2017, 06:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,071,496 times

Today’s Question:
Do you put up/bring out any decor specifically for Halloween ?
No

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ?
Yes
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ? Not this time.

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ?
No

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ?
No

I saw this on an abandoned factory building this past Spring. It reminded me of Freddy Krueger weed version.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:14 AM

7,381 posts, read 5,495,300 times
loss of electricity overnight (could be a lot of bother about nothing, but you just never can be sure)

Today’s Question:
[b][color=darkred] for Halloween ? Yes

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ? No
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ?

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ? Yes, I have my daughters stuff, not a lot. In my basement.

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? Not anymore, they were outside and it's too cold now.
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ? Yes, a lot of old houses have them.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:39 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,662 posts, read 81,403,499 times

Today’s Question:
for Halloween ? Yes, a few things just on that day for the trick or treaters

Extra Credit:
Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames ? About 6 months ago
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ? No, it wasn't much of a change and the new glasses were fine the first day

Bonus:
Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ? Yes, unfortunately.

Just for Fun:
Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? Yes, both
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ? Yes, there are many of them around here

Old 10-30-2017, 07:48 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,912,780 times
Do you put up/bring out any decor specifically for Halloween? === I don't. When the kids were little, we used to put out their carved pumpkins but that was it.
Have you ever placed a scarecrow on your property? === Nope.

Have you recently had an eye exam-and/or had new prescription/lenses/frames? === Yes.
If you have vision correction and it changed, did it take a few days (for your eyes/brain) to adjust ? === Yes.

Are you storing things in your home which belong to other people (family or friends), because they don’t have the space to store the stuff themselves ? === Not any more.

Do you have window boxes or hanging flowers/plants ? === I don't.
Do you know of any buildings covered with ivy or similar “creeping” layer of vegetation ? === None that I'm aware of around here -- I think it's too dry for creepers here in the desert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics