Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 11:06 AM

24,696 posts, read 26,281,122 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
No, I have never believed in them.

Have you ever been in a cave?
I have.

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy?
Nope

What is your favorite snack food?
Popcorn or peanuts.

Have you ever fired a gun?
Yep

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)?
Lots of trips.

Do you like having your picture taken?
Meh

What was the last movie you saw?

Where are you going for your next trip?
Dunno

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand?
Currently Stetson aftershave.

Thanx for the Q's BayArea4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 11:16 AM

3,112 posts, read 1,717,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
/COLOR]

Today’s Questions:
Yes, I do. Because to me it's logical. And I've experienced "things" (will not get into).

No.

Yes. Two boxes of full-size Twix, Hersheys, Snickers, Kit-Kat... can't remember the rest.
Don't have a favorite, but I love a bag of regular potato chips once in a while.
Yes, I have.
Nope
HATE it. I'm not photogenic.
Robocop 2
Palm Springs in March

An old discontinued scent, Cher Uninhibited. I don't know who the maker was.
FONT=&quot]
Have a great weekend, all.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:29 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times

Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? yes. When I was 4 or 5 I pushed a sliding glass mirror to hard and it was coming straight at my face and suddenly, like an invisible hand pushed it out of the way. I told my mom and she said it was my guardian angel who did that.

Have you ever been in a cave? yes

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy? Yes. Reese's peanut butter cups

What is your favorite snack food? right now it's soft pretzels with dipping cheese sauce.

Have you ever fired a gun? yes

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? no

Do you like having your picture taken? no

What was the last movie you saw? Fences

Where are you going for your next trip? California

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? The Body Shop. Jasmine oil

Old 10-22-2017, 12:39 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,895,838 times
[quote=Bayarea4;49892371]Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Libra. Some of the famous people born on this date are hunter and explorer Daniel Boone, Jerome “Curly” Howard of the Three Stooges; Mouseketeer and film star Annette Funicello, actresses Catherine Deneuve and Joan Fontaine; authors Doris Lessing and Ann Rule; psychologist, author and psychedelic advocate Timothy Leary; celebrated war photographer Robert Capa; artist Robert Rauschenberg; physician and author Deepak Chopra, Arsenal football club manager Arsene Wenger; Belgian singer Helmut Lotti; actors Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum and Spike Jonze; comedian-actor Carlos Mencia; DJ and songwriter Shaggy and Olympic figure skating champion Brian Boitano.

Today’s Questions:
I would have to say no. How do you function in death without a brain to process thought? On the other hand I've had some strange experiences that I just can't explain.
Yes.

I'll buy it the day before. You don't have the drug of choice for a junkie lying around in plain sight.
Lately it's been fruit. Especially honey crisp apples. There is never junk food in our house.
Many guns, many times. I love to shoot.
No.
No.
American Made
Florida for Thanksgiving.
Allergies.

Today in History
1746 – The College of New Jersey (later renamed Princeton University) receives its charter.
1790 – Warriors of the Miami people under Chief Little Turtle defeat United States troops at the site of present-day Fort Wayne, Indiana.
1797 – Andre-Jacques Garnerin makes the first recorded parachute jump from a balloon in Paris.
1819 – First ship sails via Erie Canal (Rome, NY to Utica, NY).
1836 – Sam Houston inaugurated as first elected President of the Republic of Texas.
1844 – Millerite Adventists, followers of the Baptist preacher Willliam Miller, wait for appearance of Jesus. The following day became known as the Day of Disappointment.
1861 – First telegraph line linking U.S. West and East coasts completed.
1862 – Confederate troops reconquer Cumberland Gap, Tennessee.
1875 – First telegraphic connection in Argentina.
1877 – The Blantyre mining disaster in Scotland kills 200 miners.
1878 – The first rugby match under floodlights takes place in Salford, between Broughton and Swinton.
1879 – Thomas Edison perfects carbonized cotton filament light bulb.
1881 – Boston Symphony Orchestra gives its first concert.
1883 – First New York Horse Show held at Madison Square Garden.
1883 – Original Metropolitan Opera House holds its grand opening with a performance of Faust.
1884Sporting Life announces that both pennant winners will meet in a three game series Oct 23-25 at Polo Grounds, New York City, to determine baseball champion.
1884 – International Meridian Conference in Washington, D.C. adopts Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) worldwide, creating 24 international time zones with longitude zero at the Greenwich meridian.
1885 – John Montgomery Ward and several teammates secretly form Brotherhood of Professional Base Ball Players, the first baseball union.
1897 – World's first car dealer opens in London.
1906 – 3000 blacks demonstrate and riot in Philadelphia.
1906 – Henry Ford becomes president of Ford Motor Company.
1907 – Ringling Brothers Greatest Show on Earth buys Barnum & Bailey circus.
1907 – Panic of 1907: A run on Knickerbocker Trust Company stock leads to U.S.-wide run on banks.
1913 – Explosion at Dawson, NM coal mine kills 263 mine workers/
1924 – Toastmasters International is founded
1926 – J. Gordon Whitehead sucker-punches magician and escape artist Harry Houdini in the abdomen; he develops peritonitis and dies.
1927 –Nikola Tesla introduces six new inventions including the single-phase electric motor.
1928 – U.S. Presidential candidate Herbert Hoover speaks of “an American system of rugged individualism.”
1934 – In East Liverpool, Ohio, notorious bank robber Charles Arthur “Pretty Boy” Floyd is shot and killed by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents.
1936 – First commercial flight from the U.S. mainland to Hawaii.
1938 – Chester Carlson demonstrates the first Xerox copying machine.
1939 – First TV NFL game (Eagles vs. Dodgers).
1942 – First ships of invasion fleet for Oran (Algeria) leave Scotland
1942 – U.S. generals Mark Clark and Lyman Lemnitzer and French general Charles Mast meet secretly in Algeria.
1951 – Earthquake hits Formosa, 100 killed.
1951 – U.S. performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
1953 – Laos gains full independence from France.
1954 – West Germany joins North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
1956 – Great Britain performs nuclear test at Maralinga, Australia.
1956 – A concrete girder weighing 200 tons kills 48 in Karachi, Pakistan.
1957 – Konrad Adenauer re-elected Chancellor of West Germany.
1957 – First U.S. casualties in Vietnam.
1962 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy addresses the nation on the Cuban missile crisis.
1963 – 250,000 students boycott Chicago schools on Freedom Day protest.
1964 – EMI auditions and rejects a group called “High Numbers;” they go on to become The Who.
1964 – French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre refuses the Nobel Peace Prize.
1966 – The Supremes become the first all-female group to attain a number one selling album (The Supremes A’ Go Go).
1969 – Paul McCartney denies rumors of his death.
1975 – Soviet spacecraft Venera 9 soft-lands on Venus.
1976 – Red Dye No. 4 is banned by the FDA after it is discovered that it causes tumors in the bladders of dogs.
1978 – Papal inauguration of John Paul II.

Word of the Day:
apotheosis /əˌpäTHēˈōsəs/
noun
1. the highest point in the development of something; culmination or climax. "His appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
2. the elevation of someone to divine status; deification.
Origin
late 16th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek apotheōsis, from apotheoun ‘make a god of,’ from apo ‘from’ + theos ‘god.’

Quote of the Day:
“Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk.”
- Curly Howard

Today is:
INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY
International Stuttering Awareness Day
Mother-in-Law Day
National Color Day
National Nut Day

Thanks Bay dear one. I had a great night with my teenage college shorties and the one left in high school last night. We did two haunted houses. It cost me a fortune but we had so much fun. I got them home at 1am totally exhausted Halloween is all up, now it's time for fun.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:56 PM

39,245 posts, read 23,235,816 times
Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts? Sort of. Why or why not? I personally have never seen one. However, my cousin up in Vancouver's son told me of really weird, unexplainable events that have happened at their last home. They think their home was haunted.

Have you ever been in a cave? No.

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy? No. But I'm waiting for the after-Halloween sales when the candy is 50-75% off.

What is your favorite snack food? Cookies.

Have you ever fired a gun? Not a real one.

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? No desire to.

Do you like having your picture taken? I don't mind it.

What was the last movie you saw? Into the Night on DVD.

Where are you going for your next trip? Not sure.

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? I don't wear cologne or aftershave.

It's Sunday! Make it a fun day.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:45 PM

9,833 posts, read 14,419,760 times
Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? Spirits, yes. Only because I've had some sightings. I understand there's no scientific proof, but I'll go with my experience

Have you ever been in a cave? Yes, Luray Caverns. I hated being underground.

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy? No. We won't buy any and go away for Trick/Treat night.

What is your favorite snack food? Vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries

Have you ever fired a gun? Yes, I've taken a couple of classes in target shooting and gun handling, at the request of my law enforcement son

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? No, I prefer a 5 star hotel

Do you like having your picture taken? doesn't matter

What was the last movie you saw? American Sniper

Where are you going for your next trip? Maybe to Atlantic City, maybe to Pitman, NJ to see a band we love.

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? I don't wear any fragrance, as I'm allergic to those things, plus dogs and cats.
Hope you all have a great Sunday evening!

Old 10-22-2017, 03:14 PM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Libra. Some of the famous people born on this date are hunter and explorer Daniel Boone, Jerome “Curly” Howard of the Three Stooges; Mouseketeer and film star Annette Funicello, actresses Catherine Deneuve and Joan Fontaine; authors Doris Lessing and Ann Rule; psychologist, author and psychedelic advocate Timothy Leary; celebrated war photographer Robert Capa; artist Robert Rauschenberg; physician and author Deepak Chopra, Arsenal football club manager Arsene Wenger; Belgian singer Helmut Lotti; actors Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum and Spike Jonze; comedian-actor Carlos Mencia; DJ and songwriter Shaggy and Olympic figure skating champion Brian Boitano.

Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts?..Yes Why or why not?...I believe in afterlife

Have you ever been in a cave?...Years ago

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy?....Not yet

What is your favorite snack food?.....Green grapes and old cheddar cheese

Have you ever fired a gun?...NO

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)?.. Never

Do you like having your picture taken?... Sometimes

What was the last movie you saw?.....I don't remember because it has been a while

Where are you going for your next trip?..... Europe

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand?.. Don't wear anymore

Today in History
1746 – The College of New Jersey (later renamed Princeton University) receives its charter.
1790 – Warriors of the Miami people under Chief Little Turtle defeat United States troops at the site of present-day Fort Wayne, Indiana.
1797 – Andre-Jacques Garnerin makes the first recorded parachute jump from a balloon in Paris.
1819 – First ship sails via Erie Canal (Rome, NY to Utica, NY).
1836 – Sam Houston inaugurated as first elected President of the Republic of Texas.
1844 – Millerite Adventists, followers of the Baptist preacher Willliam Miller, wait for appearance of Jesus. The following day became known as the Day of Disappointment.
1861 – First telegraph line linking U.S. West and East coasts completed.
1862 – Confederate troops reconquer Cumberland Gap, Tennessee.
1875 – First telegraphic connection in Argentina.
1877 – The Blantyre mining disaster in Scotland kills 200 miners.
1878 – The first rugby match under floodlights takes place in Salford, between Broughton and Swinton.
1879 – Thomas Edison perfects carbonized cotton filament light bulb.
1881 – Boston Symphony Orchestra gives its first concert.
1883 – First New York Horse Show held at Madison Square Garden.
1883 – Original Metropolitan Opera House holds its grand opening with a performance of Faust.
1884Sporting Life announces that both pennant winners will meet in a three game series Oct 23-25 at Polo Grounds, New York City, to determine baseball champion.
1884 – International Meridian Conference in Washington, D.C. adopts Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) worldwide, creating 24 international time zones with longitude zero at the Greenwich meridian.
1885 – John Montgomery Ward and several teammates secretly form Brotherhood of Professional Base Ball Players, the first baseball union.
1897 – World's first car dealer opens in London.
1906 – 3000 blacks demonstrate and riot in Philadelphia.
1906 – Henry Ford becomes president of Ford Motor Company.
1907 – Ringling Brothers Greatest Show on Earth buys Barnum & Bailey circus.
1907 – Panic of 1907: A run on Knickerbocker Trust Company stock leads to U.S.-wide run on banks.
1913 – Explosion at Dawson, NM coal mine kills 263 mine workers/
1924 – Toastmasters International is founded
1926 – J. Gordon Whitehead sucker-punches magician and escape artist Harry Houdini in the abdomen; he develops peritonitis and dies.
1927 –Nikola Tesla introduces six new inventions including the single-phase electric motor.
1928 – U.S. Presidential candidate Herbert Hoover speaks of “an American system of rugged individualism.”
1934 – In East Liverpool, Ohio, notorious bank robber Charles Arthur “Pretty Boy” Floyd is shot and killed by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents.
1936 – First commercial flight from the U.S. mainland to Hawaii.
1938 – Chester Carlson demonstrates the first Xerox copying machine.
1939 – First TV NFL game (Eagles vs. Dodgers).
1942 – First ships of invasion fleet for Oran (Algeria) leave Scotland
1942 – U.S. generals Mark Clark and Lyman Lemnitzer and French general Charles Mast meet secretly in Algeria.
1951 – Earthquake hits Formosa, 100 killed.
1951 – U.S. performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
1953 – Laos gains full independence from France.
1954 – West Germany joins North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
1956 – Great Britain performs nuclear test at Maralinga, Australia.
1956 – A concrete girder weighing 200 tons kills 48 in Karachi, Pakistan.
1957 – Konrad Adenauer re-elected Chancellor of West Germany.
1957 – First U.S. casualties in Vietnam.
1962 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy addresses the nation on the Cuban missile crisis.
1963 – 250,000 students boycott Chicago schools on Freedom Day protest.
1964 – EMI auditions and rejects a group called “High Numbers;” they go on to become The Who.
1964 – French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre refuses the Nobel Peace Prize.
1966 – The Supremes become the first all-female group to attain a number one selling album (The Supremes A’ Go Go).
1969 – Paul McCartney denies rumors of his death.
1975 – Soviet spacecraft Venera 9 soft-lands on Venus.
1976 – Red Dye No. 4 is banned by the FDA after it is discovered that it causes tumors in the bladders of dogs.
1978 – Papal inauguration of John Paul II.

Word of the Day:
apotheosis /əˌpäTHēˈōsəs/
noun
1. the highest point in the development of something; culmination or climax. "His appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
2. the elevation of someone to divine status; deification.
Origin
late 16th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek apotheōsis, from apotheoun ‘make a god of,’ from apo ‘from’ + theos ‘god.’

Quote of the Day:
“Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk.”
- Curly Howard

Today is:
INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY
International Stuttering Awareness Day
Mother-in-Law Day
National Color Day
National Nut Day
THANK YOU Bayarea

Old 10-22-2017, 06:17 PM

21,745 posts, read 8,880,895 times
Today’s Questions:
I'm an agnostic, so I try to keep an open mind regarding supernatural or spiritual matters. But I have never had any experiences that would cause me to believe in ghosts.
I have visited Sea Lion Caves on the Oregon coast and Tom Sawyer's cave at Disneyland.
Yes, Mr. Bay wanted Reese's Peanut Butter cups, so I bought a bag. It's highly unlikely that we'll get any trick or treaters on our steep hill, so whatever we buy has to be something we don't mind eating ourselves.

Roasted, lightly-salted peanuts.

Yes, I learned to shoot a .22 rifle when I was seven years old. The rifle had a stock that was cut down so it fits a small adult (like me) or a child. I still have the rifle.

I've ridden in the back of a truck that had a camper shell, but haven't actually stayed in a motor home.

No, I don't think I'm very photogenic.

Last week I saw a classic film noir double feature, The Crimson Kimono (Glenn Corbett, James Shigeta) and Murder by Contract (Vince Edwards, Herschel Bernardi). Both date back to the 1950s and are rarely seen.

Capitola, a small beach town on California's central coast. I was there last month with a friend and am returning next month with Mr. Bay to celebrate our 31st anniversary. We will be staying at a vacation cabin that was built by my grandmother in the 1940s and was the scene of many of my happiest childhood memories. The cabin is no longer in my family but is now a Bandb. It is such a treat to be able to stay there again.

I like the original Miss Dior, Flowerbomb, Jessica McClintock, Chanel No. 5 and Tom Ford's Black Orchid.

Thanks, everyone, for your interesting answers.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:49 PM

15 posts, read 7,455 times
Woah! I made yesterday a reply on this thread and when I connected today I've just seen lots of appreciation. This forum is amazing and full of great people! Thank you all

Old 10-22-2017, 11:29 PM

54,516 posts, read 33,996,018 times
Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? - Nope.. I've never seen one.

Have you ever been in a cave? - Yeah.. A Man Cave.. does that count? Yes, plenty of times.

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy? - Yep.. all kinds.

What is your favorite snack food? - I don't have one particular favorite, but I like Payday candy bar when my blood sugar goes low.

Have you ever fired a gun? - Being a gun enthusiast, of course..

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? - Hmm.. I think I need to get a motorhome or an RV first.. so no.

Do you like having your picture taken? - Sure.. who's gonna take it?

What was the last movie you saw? - Can't Remember... that WAS the title of the movie..

Where are you going for your next trip? - To the bathroom to brush my teeth, then to bed.. Not sure yet.

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? - Anything that's on sale? I don't use that stuff.

Thanks for the questions Bayarea, everyone have a great new week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics