Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 01:52 AM

671 posts, read 451,384 times

Advertisements

Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? Spirits, yes. My furkids send me signs they are near.

Have you ever been in a cave? no

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy? no

What is your favorite snack food? Cool Ranch Doritos

Have you ever fired a gun? yes. I own two.

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? yes

Do you like having your picture taken? no

What was the last movie you saw? Hobbit

Where are you going for your next trip? Back to the beach

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? none
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 04:38 AM

37,890 posts, read 41,382,265 times
Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts?
No

Have you ever been in a cave? yes

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet?
No

What is your favorite snack food? ice cream

Have you ever fired a gun? Not a real one.

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? No

Do you like having your picture taken?
No

What was the last movie you saw?
Death Wish (the original one)

Where are you going for your next trip? Back to Delaware

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? N/A

Old 10-22-2017, 04:54 AM

11,460 posts, read 9,436,935 times
Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
- Nope. No scientific evidence that any exist.

Have you ever been in a cave? - Yes, I've been here 3 times:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luray_Caverns

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy? - I won't be buying any. I live is a secure apartment building. No one is going to come by.

What is your favorite snack food? - Peanut butter crackers.

Have you ever fired a gun? - - Long ago, target shooting only. Last time was when I was 16.
I do not like guns.

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? - Never have.

Do you like having your picture taken? - It doesn't bother me but it is a rare occurrence.

What was the last movie you saw? - It's been a while...

Where are you going for your next trip? - No plans.

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? - N/A

Thanks, Bay.
Happy Sunday to all!

Old 10-22-2017, 06:20 AM

8,015 posts, read 5,480,372 times
Good Morning!

Today’s Questions:
My common sense says no. However, some things happen that make me wonder.
Have you ever been in a cave? Yes, I find them fascinating.

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy?
My husband bought some Milky Way Bars.
What is your favorite snack food? Raw vegetables and dip

Have you ever fired a gun? By accident, I fired a tear gas gun--quite the story that goes with that..

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? Have not

Do you like having your picture taken? Not really, because it rarely turns out well. However--I think it is important to have photographs taken.

What was the last movie you saw? "It"

Where are you going for your next trip? Toss up between Helsinki, Finland and Amelia Island, Florida--haven't decided whether to visit my cousin or go on an adventure with my week off in December.

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? Everyday since I was a teenager. I only buy one bottle at a time which lasts me a long time. I change up all the time--currently wearing Flowerbomb

1844 – Millerite Adventists, followers of the Baptist preacher Willliam Miller, wait for appearance of Jesus. The following day became known as the Day of Disappointment. That is funny...
1861 – First telegraph line linking U.S. West and East coasts completed.

Today is:
INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY HAPPY CAPS DAY!
International Stuttering Awareness Day
Mother-in-Law Day
National Color Day
National Nut Day

BEAUTIFUL AUTUMN DAY TODAY! ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

Old 10-22-2017, 06:49 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 20 days ago)

4,736 posts, read 3,316,346 times
Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Libra. Some of the famous people born on this date are hunter and explorer Daniel Boone, Jerome “Curly” Howard of the Three Stooges; Mouseketeer and film star Annette Funicello, actresses Catherine Deneuve and Joan Fontaine; authors Doris Lessing and Ann Rule; psychologist, author and psychedelic advocate Timothy Leary; celebrated war photographer Robert Capa; artist Robert Rauschenberg; physician and author Deepak Chopra, Arsenal football club manager Arsene Wenger; Belgian singer Helmut Lotti; actors Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum and Spike Jonze; comedian-actor Carlos Mencia; DJ and songwriter Shaggy and Olympic figure skating champion Brian Boitano.

Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?...............Lets just say I've not ruled it out. I've had some unexplainable experiences after my family members all passed away.

Have you ever been in a cave?............Yes

................Yes, I've purchased a box of full sized candy bars. Hubby is hopeful that we don't have many kids come by.....lol.

What is your favorite snack food?.............Chocolate

Have you ever fired a gun?...............Yes. I really hate guns!!

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)?................I've camped but no long trips. I'd give a motor home a try.

Do you like having your picture taken?...........I hate it.

What was the last movie you saw?..............Some goofy Hallmark movie.

Where are you going for your next trip?.............I think we are going to head out to an antique/ flea market that's a couple of hours away.

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand?...................No favorite right at the moment. I wear whatever hits my mood.

Today in History
1746 – The College of New Jersey (later renamed Princeton University) receives its charter.
1790 – Warriors of the Miami people under Chief Little Turtle defeat United States troops at the site of present-day Fort Wayne, Indiana.
1797 – Andre-Jacques Garnerin makes the first recorded parachute jump from a balloon in Paris.
1819 – First ship sails via Erie Canal (Rome, NY to Utica, NY).
1836 – Sam Houston inaugurated as first elected President of the Republic of Texas.
1844 – Millerite Adventists, followers of the Baptist preacher Willliam Miller, wait for appearance of Jesus. The following day became known as the Day of Disappointment.
1862 – Confederate troops reconquer Cumberland Gap, Tennessee.
1875 – First telegraphic connection in Argentina.
1877 – The Blantyre mining disaster in Scotland kills 200 miners.
1878 – The first rugby match under floodlights takes place in Salford, between Broughton and Swinton.
1879 – Thomas Edison perfects carbonized cotton filament light bulb.
1881 – Boston Symphony Orchestra gives its first concert.
1883 – First New York Horse Show held at Madison Square Garden.
1883 – Original Metropolitan Opera House holds its grand opening with a performance of Faust.
1884Sporting Life announces that both pennant winners will meet in a three game series Oct 23-25 at Polo Grounds, New York City, to determine baseball champion.
1884 – International Meridian Conference in Washington, D.C. adopts Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) worldwide, creating 24 international time zones with longitude zero at the Greenwich meridian.
1885 – John Montgomery Ward and several teammates secretly form Brotherhood of Professional Base Ball Players, the first baseball union.
1897 – World's first car dealer opens in London.
1906 – 3000 blacks demonstrate and riot in Philadelphia.
1906 – Henry Ford becomes president of Ford Motor Company.
1907 – Ringling Brothers Greatest Show on Earth buys Barnum & Bailey circus.
1907 – Panic of 1907: A run on Knickerbocker Trust Company stock leads to U.S.-wide run on banks.
1913 – Explosion at Dawson, NM coal mine kills 263 mine workers/
1924 – Toastmasters International is founded
1926 – J. Gordon Whitehead sucker-punches magician and escape artist Harry Houdini in the abdomen; he develops peritonitis and dies.
1927 –Nikola Tesla introduces six new inventions including the single-phase electric motor.
1928 – U.S. Presidential candidate Herbert Hoover speaks of “an American system of rugged individualism.”
1934 – In East Liverpool, Ohio, notorious bank robber Charles Arthur “Pretty Boy” Floyd is shot and killed by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents.
1936 – First commercial flight from the U.S. mainland to Hawaii.
1938 – Chester Carlson demonstrates the first Xerox copying machine.
1939 – First TV NFL game (Eagles vs. Dodgers).
1942 – First ships of invasion fleet for Oran (Algeria) leave Scotland
1942 – U.S. generals Mark Clark and Lyman Lemnitzer and French general Charles Mast meet secretly in Algeria.
1951 – Earthquake hits Formosa, 100 killed.
1951 – U.S. performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
1953 – Laos gains full independence from France.
1954 – West Germany joins North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
1956 – Great Britain performs nuclear test at Maralinga, Australia.
1956 – A concrete girder weighing 200 tons kills 48 in Karachi, Pakistan.
1957 – Konrad Adenauer re-elected Chancellor of West Germany.
1957 – First U.S. casualties in Vietnam.
1962 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy addresses the nation on the Cuban missile crisis.
1963 – 250,000 students boycott Chicago schools on Freedom Day protest.
1964 – EMI auditions and rejects a group called “High Numbers;” they go on to become The Who.
1964 – French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre refuses the Nobel Peace Prize.
1966 – The Supremes become the first all-female group to attain a number one selling album (The Supremes A’ Go Go).
1969 – Paul McCartney denies rumors of his death.
1975 – Soviet spacecraft Venera 9 soft-lands on Venus.
1976 – Red Dye No. 4 is banned by the FDA after it is discovered that it causes tumors in the bladders of dogs.
1978 – Papal inauguration of John Paul II.

Word of the Day:
apotheosis /əˌpäTHēˈōsəs/
noun
1. the highest point in the development of something; culmination or climax. "His appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
2. the elevation of someone to divine status; deification.
Origin
late 16th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek apotheōsis, from apotheoun ‘make a god of,’ from apo ‘from’ + theos ‘god.’

Quote of the Day:
“Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk.”
- Curly Howard

Today is:
INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY............OK
International Stuttering Awareness Day............That would be tough.
Mother-in-Law Day..................Mine was wonderful. She passed away last year.
National Color Day.............Greens and maroons are some of my favorites.
National Nut Day..................Love almonds, pecans and walnuts.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:33 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,265,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
[font=&quot]Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017.
Today’s Questions:

Do you believe in ghosts? Yes Why or why not? I believe I have had a few encounters over the years

Have you ever been in a cave? No

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? NO!!

What is your favorite snack food? I try to avoid all snack food

Have you ever fired a gun?Yes..I used to target shoot years ago

Mother-in-Law Day
Thanks Bay

Old 10-22-2017, 07:33 AM

11,556 posts, read 12,151,347 times
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? Until I see one, No.
Have you ever been in a cave? Yes
Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? If so, what did you buy? No
What is your favorite snack food? Nachos
Have you ever fired a gun? Yes
Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? No
Do you like having your picture taken? No
What was the last movie you saw? Overboard
Where are you going for your next trip? To the grocery store
If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? Nada

Thanks for posting!!

Old 10-22-2017, 07:34 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,884,041 times
Today’s Questions:
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? I believe in spirits. Have seen one.

Have you ever been in a cave? Have, long ago.

Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? Haven't. I usually buy some for grands, just haven't yet.

What is your favorite snack food? Cashews

Have you ever fired a gun? Haven't

Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)? Haven't

Do you like having your picture taken? Like? No. Tolerate....

What was the last movie you saw? Oh, gosh. So long ago. No idea.

Where are you going for your next trip? Nothing planned other than to the lake next summer. I took a road trip to Stowe with a friend yesterday. We had lunch and went exploring, ending up at the Trapp Family Lodge.

If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand? Many people are allergic now, it seems, so I rarely wear perfume. When I did it was Chanel no 5 or Coco Chanel.

Word of the Day:
noun
1. the highest point in the development of something; culmination or climax. "His appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
Origin
late 16th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek apotheōsis, from apotheoun ‘make a god of,’ from apo ‘from’ + theos ‘god.’

Quote of the Day:
- Curly Howard

Today is:
INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY
Mother-in-Law Day
National Color Day
National Nut Day

Thanks, Bay! Summer like temps later, so hoping to go kayaking. Enjoy your day, all!

Old 10-22-2017, 08:51 AM

5,934 posts, read 3,869,021 times
Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Libra. Some of the famous people born on this date are hunter and explorer Daniel Boone, Jerome “Curly” Howard of the Three Stooges; Mouseketeer and film star Annette Funicello, actresses Catherine Deneuve and Joan Fontaine; authors Doris Lessing and Ann Rule; psychologist, author and psychedelic advocate Timothy Leary; celebrated war photographer Robert Capa; artist Robert Rauschenberg; physician and author Deepak Chopra, Arsenal football club manager Arsene Wenger; Belgian singer Helmut Lotti; actors Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum and Spike Jonze; comedian-actor Carlos Mencia; DJ and songwriter Shaggy and Olympic figure skating champion Brian Boitano.

Today’s Questions:
No I do not believe in anything that there is no evidence of. If I personally saw a ghost, stuck my hand through it and talked with it then maybe I might believe
Have you ever been in a cave?
yes
No don't have any trick-or-treaters so don't buy it because I would eat it all
What is your favorite snack food?
sour cream and onion potato chips
Have you ever fired a gun?
yes
Have you ever taken a trip in a motor home or RV (caravan if you’re British)?
yes
Do you like having your picture taken?
noooooo
What was the last movie you saw?
I'm watching one now,
Ladder 49

Where are you going for your next trip?
Florida in November
If you wear fragrance or aftershave, what is your favorite brand?
Tryst by Lady Primrose
Today in History
1746 – The College of New Jersey (later renamed Princeton University) receives its charter.
1790 – Warriors of the Miami people under Chief Little Turtle defeat United States troops at the site of present-day Fort Wayne, Indiana.
1797 – Andre-Jacques Garnerin makes the first recorded parachute jump from a balloon in Paris.
1819 – First ship sails via Erie Canal (Rome, NY to Utica, NY).
1836 – Sam Houston inaugurated as first elected President of the Republic of Texas.
1844 – Millerite Adventists, followers of the Baptist preacher Willliam Miller, wait for appearance of Jesus. The following day became known as the Day of Disappointment.
1862 – Confederate troops reconquer Cumberland Gap, Tennessee.
1875 – First telegraphic connection in Argentina.
1877 – The Blantyre mining disaster in Scotland kills 200 miners.
1878 – The first rugby match under floodlights takes place in Salford, between Broughton and Swinton.
1879 – Thomas Edison perfects carbonized cotton filament light bulb.
1881 – Boston Symphony Orchestra gives its first concert.
1883 – First New York Horse Show held at Madison Square Garden.
1883 – Original Metropolitan Opera House holds its grand opening with a performance of Faust.
1884Sporting Life announces that both pennant winners will meet in a three game series Oct 23-25 at Polo Grounds, New York City, to determine baseball champion.
1884 – International Meridian Conference in Washington, D.C. adopts Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) worldwide, creating 24 international time zones with longitude zero at the Greenwich meridian.
1885 – John Montgomery Ward and several teammates secretly form Brotherhood of Professional Base Ball Players, the first baseball union.
1897 – World's first car dealer opens in London.
1906 – 3000 blacks demonstrate and riot in Philadelphia.
1906 – Henry Ford becomes president of Ford Motor Company.
1907 – Ringling Brothers Greatest Show on Earth buys Barnum & Bailey circus.
1907 – Panic of 1907: A run on Knickerbocker Trust Company stock leads to U.S.-wide run on banks.
1913 – Explosion at Dawson, NM coal mine kills 263 mine workers/
1924 – Toastmasters International is founded
1926 – J. Gordon Whitehead sucker-punches magician and escape artist Harry Houdini in the abdomen; he develops peritonitis and dies.
1927 –Nikola Tesla introduces six new inventions including the single-phase electric motor.
1928 – U.S. Presidential candidate Herbert Hoover speaks of “an American system of rugged individualism.”
1934 – In East Liverpool, Ohio, notorious bank robber Charles Arthur “Pretty Boy” Floyd is shot and killed by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents.
1936 – First commercial flight from the U.S. mainland to Hawaii.
1938 – Chester Carlson demonstrates the first Xerox copying machine.
1939 – First TV NFL game (Eagles vs. Dodgers).
1942 – First ships of invasion fleet for Oran (Algeria) leave Scotland
1942 – U.S. generals Mark Clark and Lyman Lemnitzer and French general Charles Mast meet secretly in Algeria.
1951 – Earthquake hits Formosa, 100 killed.
1951 – U.S. performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
1953 – Laos gains full independence from France.
1954 – West Germany joins North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
1956 – Great Britain performs nuclear test at Maralinga, Australia.
1956 – A concrete girder weighing 200 tons kills 48 in Karachi, Pakistan.
1957 – Konrad Adenauer re-elected Chancellor of West Germany.
1957 – First U.S. casualties in Vietnam.
1962 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy addresses the nation on the Cuban missile crisis.
1963 – 250,000 students boycott Chicago schools on Freedom Day protest.
1964 – EMI auditions and rejects a group called “High Numbers;” they go on to become The Who.
1964 – French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre refuses the Nobel Peace Prize.
1966 – The Supremes become the first all-female group to attain a number one selling album (The Supremes A’ Go Go).
1969 – Paul McCartney denies rumors of his death.
1975 – Soviet spacecraft Venera 9 soft-lands on Venus.
1976 – Red Dye No. 4 is banned by the FDA after it is discovered that it causes tumors in the bladders of dogs.
1978 – Papal inauguration of John Paul II.

Word of the Day:
noun
Origin

Quote of the Day:
- Curly Howard

Today is:
INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY
Mother-in-Law Day
National Color Day
National Nut Day

Thanks Bay!

Old 10-22-2017, 09:36 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,265,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Today’s Questions:
- Nope. No scientific evidence that any exi
I once operated a business in a "haunted business district" and saw articles disappear and reappear. Scientific ?? No but real enough to convience me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics