Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 08:59 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times

Advertisements

I once called a wrong number, got the voicemail, and sang Benny Mardone's 'Into The Night' in its completion as a voicemail message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWhn0Hc8ps

And I sang the hell out of it, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 09:18 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Whoever had our house phone # before it was assigned to us seems to have left a trail of unpaid bills. It took many months before the calls looking for him stopped.

I have had people leave messages after dialing my number by mistake. I don't understand that at all. I say my name in my recording, yet they still don't connect the dots. More than once ( ok twice), I've returned wrong number calls based on the message left. Once it sounded like a family emergency, and the other time an elderly man was trying to hire an aide to help care for his wife.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:00 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
After moving one time we got a number obviously owned previously by a rea deadbeat.
Those calls went on for as long a we lived there.
Another number we had was only one digit off from a local funeral home. Thankfully, there were only a few misdialed calls over that one.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:50 AM

14,760 posts, read 8,093,254 times
So many over the years.
I use to work in a call center for a medical insurance company and one day I got a call from Clara....Clara obviously had
nothing she wanted to consult about, her medical coverage, but she thought she would call because she wanted someone to chat with. She lived in Indiana, her husband had died a while back, and she had a son named Joseph....and I got an invite
to come over for Thanksgiving dinner though!

Another time, an elderly sounding lady called and wanted to know if she could eat anything before her surgery the next day....I explained to her she called the wrong place, and that I was not a Medical Professional, so I was unqualified to answer her question.Then she replied "Well, okay....can I eat anything then?"

I received a few calls from a friend of mine's crazy ex-girlfriend, I mean she literally just got released from the sanitarium, and was stalking him, so she saw him with me, mistook that it was a romantic relationship, and started stalking me! Then she would call me, tell me that she followed me, and where I went....it was a special kind of creepy.
Decades later, still gives me the creeps.

Then there was my husbands coworker who called and said she was Angie (her name was Sherry) and that my husband
had fallen in love with another one of his co-workers (Crystal) and that I should give him a divorce, so they could be together. I told her that if he fell in love with someone else, he was free to get a divorce (if he was still alive and I didn't kill him first, lol)..But she had called once before, so I told my husband about it, and he was on the other phone when she called. So all the sudden he said to her "Hello Sherry. Why are you doing this and saying this?" She hung right up.
She never showed up back to work again either, he said. His one co-worker said she acted like she had a crush on him though. Weird calls.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:52 PM

924 posts, read 751,259 times
This one happened a few years ago - I received a voicemail on my cell phone, asking to speak to the parents of Ryan. It was from some medical clinic in the northern part of the state, and when I called them back to let them know they had the wrong contact info, the woman whom I spoke with sounded annoyed with me. (as if it was my fault that they had the wrong number in their files)

Some time later, I got another voicemail asking for Ryan's parents, this time it was from a medical billing/collections department. I called them back, and got someone who was a lot nicer about the "wrong number" issue.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:59 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I kept getting a phone call from a little old lady who was speaking a language no could recognize (I worked in an office where multiple languages were spoken). It was freaky because she sounded very urgent. This happened sporadically over 5 years.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-08-2017, 07:54 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,404,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Once I got a call from an extremely angry woman who was screaming about me "messing around" with her husband.

I asked, "Are you sure you have the right number?" Oh yes, she was sure and she was gonna "mess me up" if I didn't stop seeing her husband.

I hung up and she called back again an hour later (this was well before caller ID) and after asking her several times what number she was calling, she told me. It was one number off mine. AND she had called the wrong number TWICE! I told her to be more careful what number she called and she told me I was just lucky that I wasn't the woman she was looking for and slammed the phone down.

Sigh. Why me?
I can't stop laughing!
I got the same call around 7 years ago. It was after midnight and this lady called me accusing me of sleeping with her husband. I was asleep, so I told her she had the wrong number and hung up.
She called back again. I said, "miss, I'm not sleeping with your husband. You have the wrong number." She proceeds to tell me yes I am bc I left him voicemails on his phone. I told her I did not leave your husband any voicemails, I don't know him.
She says, "is this number blah, blah, blah?" Dumb azz had the wrong number.
I said, "no"
She says, "oh". Then hangs up.
I can laugh about it now but at the time I was mad bc one-I couldn't get back to sleep, and two-shouldn't she have been arguing with her husband and waking him up instead of wasting time trying to find his girlfriend? Jeez.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:24 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
I had been divorced for about a year, and when the dust had settled, I remained in the marital home with the same land line & phone number that I've had for about a decade. My ex-father in law had passed away some years prior and my ex-mother in law had just entered into full time convalescence in a facilty not far from her home which was about 400 miles away from me.

A "youngish" relative of my ex-wife had moved into my ex-in law's house rent free, being it was unoccupied and she was going through some tough financial times. Keep in mind that this property was in a fairly affluent neighborhood in an historic part of town.

I received a voice mail from the next door neighbor of the aforementioned "youngish relative", explaining that I really needed to call and explain things.

Hmm.

Evidently the county SWAT team & U.S. Marshalls raided the house (road closure, battering ram), for "youngish" relative's son.....who was wanted for murder, drugs, and theft.

They got him, as he was hiding out there.

And why did the neighbor contact me?

I was the only one named in my ex-father in law's obituary that had a listed land line phone.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:24 AM

923 posts, read 525,851 times
A couple years ago I had a very nice woman call and ask for _____(my name). She began to ask me how I was doing and what I've been up to, so I told her. She told me what she had been up to, and I asked just who are you calling, what is the name? She said my name, I asked for last name...completely off. lol

We ended up talking for about 1/2 hour and she said, "I wondered if I had the wrong kid, you were so nice to talk to and my grandson can be a real jerk like his dad." lol

She called again Sunday and I recognized the name. We had a good laugh and talked for another 15-20 minutes.
She said she'll call again sometime so we can catch up. She is such a sweet lady.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:48 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Got a voicemail from an out of state number, I think it was an IL area code, it was some woman screaming at me, her wedding or baby photographer or something, for accepting her money and giving her bad shots and refusing to fix the problem. This woman was IRATE. Cursing, screaming, just so angry about her photos. I had looked the number up so I knew it was a cell, and I texted back very calmly something like this - you have the wrong number, I am not your photographer and I don't even live in Illinois. Never heard back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics