Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 06:38 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,217,155 times

Advertisements

After 2 cups of potent vanilla coffee in my Broncos mug, a 50 mg. Tramadol, a few puffs off the Imagine smoking apparatus and now a cold beer to soothe the coughing outbreak I just had due to taking a different approach to getting a larger 'toke', I am ready for the Terrific Tuesday questions by dear Pamorola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Howdy, kids! It's time to shake off the cobwebs, put on your thinking caps, and get busy answering

Hey, I don't get cobwebs.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS! Is it really today? I mean, think about it.

When was the last time you read a magazine?

Had to have been when I was still subscribing to Consumer Reports magazine. Heck, it has been maybe 7 years(?) now...I do not miss it.

What is the name of your favorite magazine? [Side note to MMike: Victoria's Secret catalogs don't count. ] Victoria's Secret catalogs.

Do you ever cut articles, tips or recipes out of magazines and save them for future reference? Nope but I have admired cute art cuticles on many womens. And shoes.

When you are finished with a magazine, do you:
  • throw it away?
  • give it away?
  • save it? Save it until the stack gets too big and then discard them in such a way so that they are clean and fresh and there for someone to take them home and enjoy. We are the stewards for a Little Free Library that is located here at our home. Now any books or magazines will get placed in there...

BONUS QUESTIONS

What year did you purchase your first PC, and what model was it?

Maybe 1988...I had a 8088 and a 8086 XT computer.

How many different Internet passwords do you have (an estimate is fine)?

Nope, not even an estimate will I give. That is top secret information that nobody should ever give away to anyone. My answer here will be NONE.

If you have a favorite number, do you use it in any of your usernames or passwords?

I cannot believe you are asking this. Extra funny because of my buzz...

Do you upload photographs to the Internet for storage?

Nope. My camera/gadget/device! put the pictures on my personal Internet 'cloud' as soon as I click the shutter button. Super-very convenient, to say the least!

Have you ever ordered prints of your photos via a website?

Nopey, I own a photograph printer that quickly prints your photos in 4 x 6 beauties in your choice of matte/gloss.

Have you ever ordered a book, poster, coffee mug or other item which has one or more of your photos on it? If so, tell us about it/them.

I don't think I ever did but I certainly though about it. I would choose a coffee mug and a tee shirt. Yayyyy!

EXTRA CREDIT - YAY!

What sorts of races have you watched in person?

Car races, pig races, human races, other animal races, harness horse races, greyhound races very many times, quarter horse races and thoroughbred horse races ( of which I have been to thousands. )

Have you ever bet on a race? If so, did you win?

Thousands of times and yes I won very many times. Bucket list: go to races with John.

Have you ever participated in a race? If so, did you win?

Yes, baton relay race and yes. And beer races. Plus Olympic Showering races.

Which of these types of races would you like to watch on TV?
  • Olympic 1000 meter foot race
  • Boston Marathon
  • Indianapolis 500 for a short while, not whole race
  • NASCAR Daytona 500.....just for a short while, never watched a whole race.
  • Thoroughbred racing
  • Harness racing
  • Greyhound racing
  • Speed skating....pretty cool, really. I'd love to do it! I skate pretty well.
  • Iditarod
  • Ironman Triathlon
  • Other
That's it for today's racy questions, kids. It's about time for me to hit the sack and get some zzzzzs. Till next time, have fun and keep on keepin' on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsXIT_Z2shU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 07:02 AM

7,427 posts, read 5,535,225 times
Howdy, kids! It's time to shake off the cobwebs, put on your thinking caps, and get busy answering[/font][/b]

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

When was the last time you read a magazine? yesterday

What is the name of your favorite magazine? [Side note to MMike: Victoria's Secret catalogs don't count. ] People Magazine

Do you ever cut articles, tips or recipes out of magazines and save them for future reference? sometimes recipes.

• throw it away?
  • give it away? give it to my mom
  • save it?

BONUS QUESTIONS

What year did you purchase your first PC, and what model was it? a Dell. 90's- can't remember exact year.

How many different Internet passwords do you have (an estimate is fine)? guessing 5

If you have a favorite number, do you use it in any of your usernames or passwords? no

Do you upload photographs to the Internet for storage? yes

Have you ever ordered prints of your photos via a website? yes

Have you ever ordered a book, poster, coffee mug or other item which has one or more of your photos on it? If so, tell us about it/them. no

EXTRA CREDIT - YAY!

What sorts of races have you watched in person? horses.

Have you ever bet on a race? If so, did you win? yes. Won a few bucks, nothing big.

Have you ever participated in a race? If so, did you win? yes, did not win.

• Boston Marathon
  • Indianapolis 500
  • NASCAR Daytona 500
  • Thoroughbred racing
  • Harness racing
  • Greyhound racing
  • Speed skating
  • Iditarod
  • Ironman Triathlon
  • Other
That's it for today's racy questions, kids. It's about time for me to hit the sack and get some zzzzzs. Till next time, have fun and keep on keepin' on!

.[/quote]

Old 07-11-2017, 07:26 AM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Last year.

What is the name of your favorite magazine? [Side note to MMike: Victoria's Secret catalogs don't count. ]

Don't really have one. Last ones I subscribed to was Country looking for road trip ideas and Bird Watchers Digest.

Do you ever cut articles, tips or recipes out of magazines and save them for future reference? No

•throw it away?
•give it away?
•save it?

Throw it away.

BONUS QUESTIONS

My first PC was a Commodore 64 and it was purchased by my then husband as a gift for me in 1982 or 1983 or 1984. My first "real" home computer was purchased in 1995. I think it was a Packard Bell.

If you have a favorite number, do you use it in any of your usernames or passwords?

I don't answer password questions.

Some are uploaded to the Internet for public and private display but not storage. All are stored on two drives on my computer (but not the Internet) and with a back up company. You are all welcome to look at the public gallery of 20 photos that I have up now. Click on the sideways triangle above the large image to play it as a slideshow. They are altered photos:

https://zzcapphotos.smugmug.com/Altered-Images

No. Currently have a photo printer. Just use it for enlargements for two annual competitions. Back in the old days, took them to the store. Except for competitions don't print photos these days.

Have you ever ordered a book, poster, coffee mug or other item which has one or more of your photos on it? If so, tell us about it/them.

Back in my hockey fan years (1980s), I had photos in the NY Islanders cookbook and someone wrote to me once and asked if one of my photos could be used in her husband's book. Photo was taken in 2009 during a living history event in Kentucky involving The Cumberland Gap. Haven't done anything like that myself. If I did, it would be mailing labels.

EXTRA CREDIT - YAY!

flats and harness

Have bet on horse races when I've been there in person in NY and West Virginia. Never won anything more than a few dollars.

Have you ever participated in a race? If so, did you win? No and No.

•Olympic 1000 meter foot race
•Boston Marathon
•Indianapolis 500
•NASCAR Daytona 500
•Thoroughbred racing
•Harness racing
•Greyhound racing
•Speed skating
•Iditarod
•Ironman Triathlon
•Other

I used to like the winter Olympic biathlon that involved shooting and cross country skiing. But I haven't watched the Olympics in a long time. Don't watch any races on TV these days.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 AM

4,052 posts, read 2,925,356 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

When was the last time you read a magazine? Yesterday, in the doctor's waiting room.

What is the name of your favorite magazine? Time

Do you ever cut articles, tips or recipes out of magazines and save them for future reference? Every now and then.

• throw it away?
  • give it away?
  • save it?
What year did you purchase your first PC, and what model was it? Not sure of the year, but it was an HP.

How many different Internet passwords do you have (an estimate is fine)? Maybe 30.

If you have a favorite number, do you use it in any of your usernames or passwords? I do and I do.

Do you upload photographs to the Internet for storage? Yes.

Have you ever ordered prints of your photos via a website? Yes.

Have you ever ordered a book, poster, coffee mug or other item which has one or more of your photos on it? If so, tell us about it/them. Yes -- an album from my trip to Italy. The site I chose was difficult to maneuver and I wasn't particularly happy with the result.

What sorts of races have you watched in person? Formula One motor racing, harness racing and Commonwealth Games swimming, all in New Zealand.

Have you ever bet on a race? If so, did you win? I may have bet on the harness racing but I don't remember.

Have you ever participated in a race? If so, did you win? Yes -- I was on the track and swimming teams in high school. We won some and lost some.

• Boston Marathon
  • Indianapolis 500
  • NASCAR Daytona 500
  • Thoroughbred racing
  • Harness racing
  • Greyhound racing
  • Speed skating
  • Iditarod
  • Ironman Triathlon
Thanks for the questions Pam!

Last edited by KiwiKate; 07-11-2017 at 08:11 AM..

Old 07-11-2017, 08:26 AM

4,720 posts, read 3,298,238 times
Howdy, kids! It's time to shake off the cobwebs, put on your thinking caps, and get busy answering

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

When was the last time you read a magazine? ................Yesterday while waiting at the dealership for a recall on our truck to be done.

What is the name of your favorite magazine? [Side note to MMike: Victoria's Secret catalogs don't count. ] ...............I really don't have a favorite.

Do you ever cut articles, tips or recipes out of magazines and save them for future reference? ...........Yes

• throw it away?
  • give it away?..........
  • save it?

BONUS QUESTIONS

What year did you purchase your first PC, and what model was it? ............I'd guess about 1997. It was a HP

How many different Internet passwords do you have (an estimate is fine)? .................15ish

If you have a favorite number, do you use it in any of your usernames or passwords? ........... It's a secret!

Do you upload photographs to the Internet for storage? ......I have in the past but not recently.

Have you ever ordered prints of your photos via a website? .......No

Have you ever ordered a book, poster, coffee mug or other item which has one or more of your photos on it? If so, tell us about it/them. .........No

EXTRA CREDIT - YAY!

What sorts of races have you watched in person? ........None

Have you ever bet on a race? If so, did you win? ........No

Have you ever participated in a race? If so, did you win? ...........As a kid I ran and could beat most of my schoolmates. One older boy was my biggest competition. Once in awhile I could beat him.

• Boston Marathon
  • Indianapolis 500
  • NASCAR Daytona 500
  • Thoroughbred racing
  • Harness racing
  • Greyhound racing
  • Speed skating.............
  • Iditarod
  • Ironman Triathlon
  • Other

Old 07-11-2017, 09:41 AM

72,520 posts, read 18,248,202 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

When was the last time you read a magazine? I was just reading it!

What is the name of your favorite magazine? [Side note to MMike: Victoria's Secret catalogs don't count. ] AARP Mag.

Do you ever cut articles, tips or recipes out of magazines and save them for future reference?

I used to. Now I use my cell camera

When you are finished with a magazine, do you: Donate it
throw it away?
give it away?
save it?

BONUS QUESTIONS

What year did you purchase your first PC, and what model was it? 1989 Compaq

How many different Internet passwords do you have (an estimate is fine)? about 7

If you have a favorite number, do you use it in any of your usernames or passwords? no

Do you upload photographs to the Internet for storage? yes

Have you ever ordered prints of your photos via a website? no

Have you ever ordered a book, poster, coffee mug or other item which has one or more of your photos on it? If so, tell us about it/them. No, I know a friend did

EXTRA CREDIT - YAY!

What sorts of races have you watched in person? None

Have you ever bet on a race? If so, did you win? Hose race

Have you ever participated in a race? If so, did you win? No

Which of these types of races would you like to watch on TV? I don't watch races
Indianapolis 500
NASCAR Daytona 500
Thoroughbred racing
Harness racing
Greyhound racing
Speed skating
Iditarod
Ironman Triathlon
Other

Old 07-11-2017, 10:00 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,621,492 times
Mornin' all!

Last week.

What is the name of your favorite magazine? [Side note to MMike: Victoria's Secret catalogs don't count. ]
UU World.

Do you ever cut articles, tips or recipes out of magazines and save them for future reference?
I used to, but I'm not very well organized and couldn't find them when I needed them. Now, with the internet, I simply Save, or Bookmark things I want future access to.

• throw it away?
  • give it away? < this
  • save it? <or this

BONUS QUESTIONS

I got a Compaq Presario for Christmas in 1999.

One for every different account. The number "several" will have to suffice as I have no idea how many that would be.

Not generally.

The Cloud? Not until I have no other choice.

No.

I have not.

EXTRA CREDIT - YAY!

Motocross, Buchanan Michigan. A couple of things at the now defunct U.S. 30 Dragstrip. I've also watched the Time Trials for the Indy 500.

I have not. I'm not generally lucky, and I don't like to give my money away.

I don't remember ever participating in a race.

• Boston Marathon
  • Indianapolis 500 < I try to watch this every year.
  • NASCAR Daytona 500
  • Thoroughbred racing
  • Harness racing
  • Greyhound racing
  • Speed skating < Sometimes this is interesting.
  • Iditarod
  • Ironman Triathlon
  • Other
Back at cha Pam! Thanx for the fun Qs. I'm pretty tired now!
Have a good day everyone!

Old 07-11-2017, 10:29 AM

24,655 posts, read 26,215,078 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Last week.

National Geographic and AZ Highways.

No, I don't disfigure my magazines.

throw it away?
give it away?NG goes to a school teacher for her classroom.
save it?AZ Highways.

BONUS QUESTIONS

1982, Franklin Ace 1000 using Apple DOS.

Oh gosh, way top many, probably 20=30.

Looks like I do.

No

No

No

EXTRA CREDIT - YAY!

Various forms of car racing, drag boats, water ski races, moto cross races and foot races.

No and no.

Yes and no.

Olympic 1000 meter foot race
Boston Marathon
Indianapolis 500
NASCAR Daytona 500
Thoroughbred racing
Harness racing
Greyhound racing
Speed skating
Iditarod
Ironman Triathlon
OtherBoat and car drag racing.

Thanx for the race Q's.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:00 PM

8,000 posts, read 5,442,488 times
Good Evening

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

When was the last time you read a magazine? Today

What is the name of your favorite magazine? [Side note to MMike: Victoria's Secret catalogs don't count. ] Real Simple and Cooks Illustrated

• throw it away?
  • give it away?
  • save it?
  • recycle it?
BONUS QUESTIONS

What year did you purchase your first PC, and what model was it? early 80's--TI 99

How many different Internet passwords do you have (an estimate is fine)? I have no idea

If you have a favorite number, do you use it in any of your usernames or passwords? I change them up

Do you upload photographs to the Internet for storage? to my iPhotos
Have you ever ordered prints of your photos via a website? I have, for bigger prints

Have you ever ordered a book, poster, coffee mug or other item which has one or more of your photos on it? If so, tell us about it/them. Yes, a recipe book from my own collection of recipes--photographs for each recipe included.

EXTRA CREDIT - YAY!

What sorts of races have you watched in person? Horse races

Have you ever bet on a race? If so, did you win? Yes and yes--not much but enough to keep me ahead

• Boston Marathon
  • Indianapolis 500
  • NASCAR Daytona 500
  • Thoroughbred racing
  • Harness racing
  • Greyhound racing
  • Speed skating
  • Iditarod
  • Ironman Triathlon
  • Other

Time for bed--good night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics