Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 08:47 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,886,954 times

Advertisements

[quote=cloven;48785396]Happy Monday July 10, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ?
I'm all over YouTube and never listen to an entire album.
Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ?Yes and unfortunately he died in his 40's from a massive heart attack.
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ?
Yes. Two of my shorties who are brother were born on the same day two years apart. They were born on Thanksgiving.
Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ?
I had one of my besties not house broken chihuahua for ten days. I almost had him house broken by the time he went home.
Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ? Hibernate.
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ? Ride my bike.

Today in History:
1890: Wyoming becomes the 44th state in the U.S.
1913: Highest confirmed (surface) temperature (134F, 57C) on Earth measured in Death Valley, Ca.
1941: Birth of actor Robert Pine (CHiPs tv series)
1947: Birth of singer-songwriter Arlo Guthrie
1954: Birth of banjoist and songwriter Bela Fleck
1972: Birth of actor & voice artist Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of the Dead)
1977: Birth of actor Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years A Slave)
1978: Premiere of the tv program ABC World News Tonight
2007: Erden Eruç begins a record-setting 5-year long wholly human-powered & entirely solo circumnavigation of the globe

Today’s Word:
escheat /əsˈCHēt/ (n.): Historical term for a common law doctrine, in which property reverts to the state in absence of legal heirs/inheritors.
Can also refer to the property itself (which falls under the condition of escheat).

Today Is:
Independence Day (Bahamas)
National Pina Colada Day
-this week is-
Sports Cliche Week

Today’s Picture:

Entrance & exit are at top left-

Thought for the Day:
“…the essence of morality consists, as in art, of drawing the line somewhere.”
-Huston Smith

Wishing everybuggy a stupendous & splendiferous day full of plenty-with which to eat, drink, and make merry

Thanks dear one. We're going ice skating and swimming later. Fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 09:27 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,929,800 times
Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ? I listen to single tracks in my car (off my MP3 player) but usually the whole CD inside the house.

Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ? I don't.
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ? My mother's was on Christmas Eve.

Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ? I haven't.

What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ? Exercising.
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ? Healthier eating.

Thanks cloven and happy day all!

Old 07-10-2017, 09:30 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,549,646 times
Happy Monday July 10, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.[/i][b][color=DarkRed]

Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ? Usually select songs

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ? Yes
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ? No

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ? Not sat, but checked on a house if someone is gone, took in their mail.

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ? Hiking is more comfortable weather wise in the fall.
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ? Swim outside

Old 07-10-2017, 09:51 AM

24,685 posts, read 26,266,318 times
Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ?
Just selected songs.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ?
Yes

Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ?
Dunno

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ?
Just picked up the mail and paper.

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ?
Sleep more

What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ?
Sleep less

Thanx Cloven

Old 07-10-2017, 11:18 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,623,387 times
Afternoon all!

Today’s Question:
I love my vinyl! I only watch individual videos on YouTube.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ? Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ?
I have two cousins born on the same day (different years) as me, and one of my school friends and I laughingly tell others "we've known each other since birth," even though we only actually met in 5th grade. We were born 10 hours apart in the same hospital.
My step-father and a girl I went to school with were both born on Christmas day. I know a couple others, but I can't remember right now.

Bonus:
I have! I love it! Pets, pets, pets!!!!

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ? What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ?
Actually, in winter, fall, and spring, it is much easier for me to be outside. In summer I tend to stay inside as much as possible. I just can't take the heat, but I love mild to cold weather, and love to be outside in it!

Today in History:
1913: Highest confirmed (surface) temperature (134F, 57C) on Earth measured in Death Valley, Ca. Ack! 75F is the top of my comfort range!
1947: Birth of singer-songwriter Arlo Guthrie.
1954: Birth of banjoist and songwriter Bela Fleck.
1972: Birth of actor & voice artist Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of the Dead). LOL SotD!
1978: Premiere of the tv program ABC World News Tonight.
2007: Erden Eruç begins a record-setting 5-year long wholly human-powered & entirely solo circumnavigation of the globe

Today’s Word:
escheat /əsˈCHēt/
(n.): Historical term for a common law doctrine, in which property reverts to the state in absence of legal heirs/inheritors. Can also refer to the property itself (which falls under the condition of escheat).

Today Is:
National Pina Colada Day
-this week is-
Sports Cliche Week

Today’s Picture:
Awesome! Thanx.

Thought for the Day:
“…the essence of morality consists, as in art, of drawing the line somewhere.” -Huston Smith

Wishing everybuggy a stupendous & splendiferous day full of plenty-with which to eat, drink, and make merry.
Thanx cloven! Back at cha!
Have a good day everyone!

Old 07-10-2017, 12:11 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,035,938 times

Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks)?
Usually not LPs/cd, but I enjoy YouTube and singles
Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you?
I can't remember who it was, it's been too many years ago.
no one I know
Bonus:
Yes,just finished watching my neighbors home while they were gone on a trip.
Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall?
usually slip and fall down.
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer?
Stay inside out of the heat and nap for the long hot daytime.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:12 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,852,687 times
Happy Monday July 10, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
If it's online then only selected songs, there aren't too many entire LP's that I like

Extra Credit:
Not in person, Princess Diana and I shared the same birthday
My cousin's birthday is on Halloween

Bonus:
I have pet-sat and and plant-sat

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ?
yardwork in the fall when it gets significantly cooler
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ?
getting outside more

Today in History:
1913: Highest confirmed (surface) temperature (134F, 57C) on Earth measured in Death Valley, Ca.
1947: Birth of singer-songwriter Arlo Guthrie
1954: Birth of banjoist and songwriter Bela Fleck
1972: Birth of actor & voice artist Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of the Dead)
1978: Premiere of the tv program ABC World News Tonight

Today’s Word:
escheat /əsˈCHēt/ (n.): Historical term for a common law doctrine, in which property reverts to the state in absence of legal heirs/inheritors.
Can also refer to the property itself (which falls under the condition of escheat).

Today Is:
National Pina Colada Day
-this week is-
Sports Cliche Week

Today’s Picture:

Entrance & exit are at top left-

Thought for the Day:
“…the essence of morality consists, as in art, of drawing the line somewhere.”
-Huston Smith

Wishing everybuggy a stupendous & splendiferous day full of plenty-with which to eat, drink, and make merry

Thanks Cloven!

Old 07-10-2017, 04:48 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,424,261 times
Today’s Question:
Yes, there are a handful of LPs I like the whole of, and will play all the way through (used to be with a record, tape or cd-now it's online).
However, 99% of the time, I'm picking one track at a time from the thousands of songs I've bookmarked as favorites

Extra Credit:
When I was a kid, growing up in Maine, my next door neighbor was a girl exactly one year older than I-
that's the only person I ever met (as far as I know) who had my same birthday.

An ancestor was born on Christmas Day, but that was before my lifetime.
Two friends have December birthdays, which means those were blended into Christmas season, in terms of how it was celebrated when they were kids.

Bonus:
Not personally, but a couple times I've visited or accompanied friends who were doing so (for other people).

Just for Fun:
Sleep, eat-vegetate & hibernate
Go outside, walk around-be alert & somewhat active
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics