Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 04:47 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,266,341 times

Advertisements

songs

nope
nope

pet sat

shopping
yardwork
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 05:30 AM

36,579 posts, read 16,165,576 times
Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ? On line usually 1 or 2 tracks.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ? Have not met her, but Toosie and I share the same birthday
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ? My niece is July 4th.

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ? No, wish there was more opportunity for that here in Mt. Airy.

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ? Hibernate.
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ? Everything else.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:37 AM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times
Happy Monday July 10, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ? If it is in wintertime

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ? Yes an elementary school friend shared with me the same birthday
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ?
Not really

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ? I never lived in their home while they were on vacation but I always dropped in to look after
their house,garden,shoveling their driveway,getting mail,water their plants,cat and I even took in my home their adorable dog on several occasions .

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ? artwork,going through drawers and closets and deep cleaning,have my Christmas baking extravaganza or gain wait
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ?
window cleaning,painting,cleaning out the garage,garden work and loose weight

Today in History:
1890: Wyoming becomes the 44th state in the U.S.
1913: Highest confirmed (surface) temperature (134F, 57C) on Earth measured in Death Valley, Ca.
1941: Birth of actor Robert Pine (CHiPs tv series)
1947: Birth of singer-songwriter Arlo Guthrie
1954: Birth of banjoist and songwriter Bela Fleck
1972: Birth of actor & voice artist Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of the Dead)
1977: Birth of actor Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years A Slave)
1978: Premiere of the tv program ABC World News Tonight
2007: Erden Eruç begins a record-setting 5-year long wholly human-powered & entirely solo circumnavigation of the globe

Today’s Word:
escheat /əsˈCHēt/ (n.): Historical term for a common law doctrine, in which property reverts to the state in absence of legal heirs/inheritors.
Can also refer to the property itself (which falls under the condition of escheat).

Today Is:
Independence Day (Bahamas)
National Pina Colada Day
-this week is-
Sports Cliche Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at top left-

Thought for the Day:
“…the essence of morality consists, as in art, of drawing the line somewhere.”
-Huston Smith

Wishing everybuggy a stupendous & splendiferous day full of plenty-with which to eat, drink, and make merry

Thank you cloven and a happy Monday to all

Old 07-10-2017, 05:41 AM

37,871 posts, read 41,298,274 times
Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ?

If I've heard a song during a movie or TV show I usually check ITunes to find it. If it's the performer's name I'm searching on, other songs by them are typically grouped by album and I'll play more samples of them from the same album but usually only purchase the single. It's interesting when the song I'm looking for sounds nothing like the rest of their stuff on the same album.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ?
No.
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ?

Not personally, but I remember George Steinbrenner's birthday was July 4.

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ?

That would be irresponsible on the part of the owner.

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ?

Since the seagulls are only here in the winter, and since the leafless trees scenery is so drab, that's when I photograph seagulls.

What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ? Butterfly photography. They like it hot.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:01 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,448,231 times
Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ?

Skip around.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ?

Same birthday but not birth year.

I have a cousin who was born on Christmas day.

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ?

I pet-sit for my aunt's dog a couple of times a year while they go on cruises.

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ?

Just being outside is easier in the winter and fall as long as the temperatures are above 70.

What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ?

Anything as long as it's indoors.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:10 AM

27,507 posts, read 27,535,492 times
Yes, a musician buddy of mine in Calif shares the same bday as me.
Yes I've house sat and dog sat for my K9 friends a couple of times, love those dogs.
In the winter or fall I've found it easier to breathe, not be so cranky, get more stuff done. These summers in AZ are brutal.
Happy Monday!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:48 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,879,076 times
Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ? Selected songs

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ? Surrounding dates, not same date.
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ? June 14th/Flag Day..... Others have birthdays close to, but not on, a national holiday.

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ? Have for my younger daughter because her dog is older and is more comfortable in her own home. Have also brought my other daughter's dog to stay with me and have stopped in to a friend's house to get mail, feed the cat, etc.

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ? Winter: Go to sleep earlier, spend more time inside.
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ? Summer: Stay up late, spend a lot of time outside.

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
-Huston Smith

Wishing everybuggy a stupendous & splendiferous day full of plenty-with which to eat, drink, and make merry Thanks, cloven!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:51 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 10 days ago)

4,735 posts, read 3,307,556 times

Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ?..............Just my favorite songs.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ?.................Yes, a few.
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ?............Not that I can think of.

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants ?.............Yes, I've taken care of pets, mail, lawns and plants.

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall ?............Rest
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer ?............Work

Today in History:
1890: Wyoming becomes the 44th state in the U.S.
1913: Highest confirmed (surface) temperature (134F, 57C) on Earth measured in Death Valley, Ca.
1941: Birth of actor Robert Pine (CHiPs tv series)
1947: Birth of singer-songwriter Arlo Guthrie
1954: Birth of banjoist and songwriter Bela Fleck
1972: Birth of actor & voice artist Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of the Dead)
1977: Birth of actor Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years A Slave)
1978: Premiere of the tv program ABC World News Tonight
2007: Erden Eruç begins a record-setting 5-year long wholly human-powered & entirely solo circumnavigation of the globe

Today’s Word:
escheat /əsˈCHēt/ (n.): Historical term for a common law doctrine, in which property reverts to the state in absence of legal heirs/inheritors.
Can also refer to the property itself (which falls under the condition of escheat).

Today Is:
Independence Day (Bahamas)
National Pina Colada Day
-this week is-
Sports Cliche Week

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
-Huston Smith

Wishing everybuggy a stupendous & splendiferous day full of plenty-with which to eat, drink, and make merry

Old 07-10-2017, 07:10 AM

9,833 posts, read 14,419,760 times

Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks) ? Rarely online, we have a massive CD collection, and we listen to the entire CD

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you ? No
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday ? No

Bonus:
We went twice/day to feed someone's dog, which was a pain in the neck. Never again.....not our responsibility, and I've learned to say "no".

Just for Fun:
Doesn't apply to me. I work outside 12 months/year, 50-60 hours/week in all kinds of weather. I just plan for whatever the weather will be. Easy or not, work has to be done, and many people rely on me. Sounds dumb, but I love what I do!

Thanks, Cloven! Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 07-10-2017, 07:38 AM

44,477 posts, read 20,273,814 times
Today’s Question:
Do you ever listen to entire music albums (LPs/cds) online (YouTube or elsewhere)-or only to selected songs (specific tracks)? I've never listened to an entire album/cd online. In fact, I rarely listen to music on YouTube. I should do that more often. My boyfriend listens to a lot of music on YouTube and much prefers it to radio.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever met someone who shared the same birthday/date as you? Yes. I know 3 people who have the same birthday as I. At one point, 3 of us all worked in the same office!
Do you know anyone whose birthday is the same as (the date of) a national holiday? Yes. I know someone whose birthday is July 4, someone who was born on Christmas day and someone who was born on New Year's day. Most of our national holidays float, such as Labor Day - the first Monday of September. Because holidays like that one, I have friends whose birthdays occasionally fall on one of those floating holidays.

Oh, and here's a nifty thing: we have two people in our family who were born on February 29!

Bonus:
Have you ever house-sat, pet-sit, or plant-sat for someone else’s home, animal(s), or garden/plants? Yes. Before I purchased my house, I made pretty decent money house-sitting for well-to-do people when they went out of town. It started back when I was in college. The dean of women called me to her office one day and said a couple from a nearby ritzy subdivision asked her to recommend a female student who would be a responsible house-sitter. The dean knew me because I was an R.A. at my dorm. I was flattered that she picked me to recommend to the couple. The couple interviewed me and hired me to be their house-sitter. I stayed at their gorgeous home many times over a period of about 10 years. That also let to other house-sitting gigs for their friends. It was a pretty sweet deal, to get paid to stay in homes that seemed like palaces to me. Fun stuff!

Just for Fun:
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in winter or fall? Doing my power-walking outdoors. I hate hot, humid weather, and it's torture for me to walk outdoors this time of year. I do it anyway, but find it much easier to do when the weather is cool or downright cold. I love cold weather.
What is something you find easier to do (or that you do more) in spring or summer? Drive. While I love winter weather, I don't like dealing with dangerous road conditions from snow and ice.

Today’s Word:
Interesting. I did not know that. I'm surprised I never ran across that term during my 30+ year career as a paralegal.

Today Is:
Independence Day (Bahamas) Yay!
National Pina Colada Day No, thanks. I don't like coconut.
-this week is-
Sports Cliche Week Slam dunk!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-10-2017 at 08:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics