Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 06:04 AM

2,294 posts, read 1,442,045 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Without looking it up, can you:
  • name the original 13 U.S. colonies?

Yes.

• name the capital cities of at least 15 states?

Not sure. I'd have to try myself.

• recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence?

No.

[b]If you're in Canada, can you name the capitals of all the provinces?

If you're in Europe, can you name the capitals of at least 10 European countries?

Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it.

Not really. Not unless it was at a theme park or pro baseball game.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What is the longest period of time you have spent waiting in a line?

I don't know.

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for?

Yes.

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to?

All the time.

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim?

Yes, but not great.

Have you ever gone snorkeling?

No.

Have you ever gone SCUBA diving?

No.

Do you have a water-related adventure to share with us? Let's hear it!

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you watched a movie?

In the theater it's been months. I watched a couple over the weekend on Netflix which were The Good Neighbor and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

What's the name of one (or more) of your favorite movies?

Jurassic Park.

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite?

Muppet Babies.

Fess up: Do you still watch cartoons sometimes, when no kids are around?

I watch reruns of King of the Hill, but it's an adult cartoon anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 06:07 AM

5,919 posts, read 3,833,067 times
To those in the U.S., To those elsewhere, happy 4th of !

Let's celebrate the day by scrolling on down and answering

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• name the original 13 U.S. colonies?I think so
  • name the capital cities of at least 15 states?no probably not
  • recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence? yes
If you're in Canada, can you name the capitals of all the provinces?

If you're in Europe, can you name the capitals of at least 10 European countries?

Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it.
Yes saw fireworks at Carowinds amusement park and Disneyworld

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Oh gosh, probably 2 hours

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for?
Yes I've done that, I'm not fond of waiting in line

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to?
LOL that happens to me all the time

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim?
yeah I can swim ok, enough to keep from drowning hopefully

yes

no

I grew up on the water but I was never very keen on water sports, the one time I tried water skiing I barely got up, then fell and was too stupid to let go of the rope so I got beat up by the waves - everyone was yelling at me to let go of the rope Never tried again.

JUST FOR FUN

Saw Wonderwoman at the theater on my birthday on Saturday, good movie

The Terminator, Forrest Gump, Fried Green Tomatoes to name a few

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite?
Yes I watched them, my favorite was Looney Tunes, especially the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote

I do like certain animated movies like Toy Story and Beauty and the Beast

TTFN, kiddies. Have a safe and very happy July 4th, and don't do anything I wouldn't do (which doesn't limit you all that much). Seriously, have a beautiful day.

Thanks Pam, happy 4th of July everyone!

Old 07-04-2017, 06:15 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,875,836 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• name the original 13 U.S. colonies? Think so. Not sure about one.
  • name the capital cities of at least 15 states? Sadly, no.
  • recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence? Can
Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it. There is always a fireworks display here at the lake for the 4th, though it's not always on the 4th. This year it's on the 8th and it upset my grands since they were looking forward to it and we'll be gone. Smaller displays have been set off at camps around the lake these past few nights. There are towns that have fireworks on Labor Day.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What is the longest period of time you have spent waiting in a line? Oh, maybe half an hour.

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for? Haven't

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to? Have...

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim? Can, but I'm not a strong swimmer.

Have you ever gone snorkeling? Haven't

Have you ever gone SCUBA diving? Haven't

Do you have a water-related adventure to share with us? Let's hear it! Friends come to the lake to fish with the kids every year. Last year a huge fish, probably bass, took off with one of the kid's bobber. Our friend jumped into one of the kayaks determined to get this "monster." At one point he leaned over, convinced he had the fish and the kayak tipped over. He was less than amused but couldn't help laughing with the rest of us. The kids love telling this story!

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you watched a movie? It's been a while.

What's the name of one (or more) of your favorite movies? Chocolat, Fried Green Tomatoes

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite? Not much. I always preferred reading or being outdoors.

Fess up: Do you still watch cartoons sometimes, when no kids are around? Not since my dad passed eleven years ago. He loved cartoons and I loved listening to him laugh.

TTFN, kiddies. Have a safe and very happy July 4th, and don't do anything I wouldn't do (which doesn't limit you all that much). Seriously, have a beautiful day. Hope to!

Old 07-04-2017, 06:34 AM

37,839 posts, read 41,193,924 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Without looking it up, can you:•name the original 13 U.S. colonies?
I think so.
•name the capital cities of at least 15 states? Yes
•recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence? Yes
If you're in Canada, can you name the capitals of all the provinces? Not in Canada but I could not do this.

If you're in Europe, can you name the capitals of at least 10 European countries? Not in Europe but I can do this.

Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it. When I was younger we had the Grucci family (famous fireworks business) on Long Island and saw fireworks a lot. Not sure if they are still there. I'm the one who left 27 years ago.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Don't recall.

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for? Yes

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to? That always happens, doesn't it?

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim?
I hope so. Haven't done it in a long time.

Have you ever gone snorkeling? No

Have you ever gone SCUBA diving? No

During a fishing tournament on the Hudson River (can't recall if it was Kingston or Poughkeepsie, NY) a woman's dead body was found in the water. That was different.

JUST FOR FUN

Maybe a month ago. Been TV show (Justified, The Leftovers, The original Twin Peaks) and mini-series binge watching (The Pacific).

What's the name of one (or more) of your favorite movies? Gallipoli, Testament (the one with Jane Alexander as the mother - nuclear fallout), Sweet Home Alabama, Heidi (the one with Shirley Temple), Frailty, Invasion of The Body Snatchers (the original one made in the 1950s), Fail Safe (the original), Cop Land, The Killing Fields, Eye of The Needle, Notorious (the Ingrid Bergman 1946 spy movie not the Notorious BIG movie), The Great Escape, Jaws, We Need To Talk About Kevin, The Grudge, Fiddler On The Roof, Night and Fog (a disturbing documentary about the holocaust made by the French), Twilight (the first one of the series), Mars Attacks!, Red Dawn, My Own Private Idaho, Casablanca, The Counterfeit Traitor, The Deep End, The Talented Mr Ripley, The Godfather 1 and 2. Probably more I can't think of.

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite? Rocky and Bullwinkle/Rocky and His Friends, Fractured Fairytales, Dudley Do-Right

Fess up: Do you still watch cartoons sometimes, when no kids are around? Only watch South Park although last season was awful.

Happy 4th!

Old 07-04-2017, 07:02 AM

4,719 posts, read 3,296,668 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• name the original 13 U.S. colonies?..........
  • name the capital cities of at least 15 states?.............I'm pretty sure I can.
  • recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence?..........Not word for word. I can get most of it.

Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it. ..............Yes, we used to set off fireworks for a nephew's birthday.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What is the longest period of time you have spent waiting in a line?..............More than an hour.

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for?..............Yes

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to? ...........Yes

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim?.........Yes

Have you ever gone snorkeling?..........No

Have you ever gone SCUBA diving?........No

Do you have a water-related adventure to share with us? Let's hear it!..............I crashed and rolled when waterskiing. After I came up to the surface I saw stars just like the cartoon characters do on tv.

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you watched a movie?...........About a week ago.

What's the name of one (or more) of your favorite movies?.............Secondhand Lions

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite?...........Tom and Jerry

Fess up: Do you still watch cartoons sometimes, when no kids are around? ........Once in awhile.

TTFN, kiddies. Have a safe and very happy July 4th, and don't do anything I wouldn't do (which doesn't limit you all that much). Seriously, have a beautiful day.

.. Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

Old 07-04-2017, 07:22 AM

11,578 posts, read 6,796,133 times
  • name the original 13 U.S. colonies? YES
  • name the capital cities of at least 15 states? YES
  • recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence? YES
If you're in Canada, can you name the capitals of all the provinces? N/A

If you're in Europe, can you name the capitals of at least 10 European countries? N/A

Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it. Yes, most of the towns near us have fireworks on the 3rd.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What is the longest period of time you have spent waiting in a line? 2 hours. Disney World

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for? Yes

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to? Ugh, YES!

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim? YES

Have you ever gone snorkeling? YES

Have you ever gone SCUBA diving? NO

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you watched a movie? A week ago

What's the name of one (or more) of your favorite movies? Wizard of Oz

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite? Not really, I always got up too late and missed them all.

Fess up: Do you still watch cartoons sometimes, when no kids are around? LOL, yes because they seem to be on out TV 24/7

Old 07-04-2017, 08:01 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,655,479 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• name the original 13 U.S. colonies?yes
  • name the capital cities of at least 15 states?yep
  • recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence?yes - I know through the "we take these truths" clause
If you're in Canada, can you name the capitals of all the provinces?oh gosh, no - and I usually leave out one or two provinces/territories - or get them a little mixed up

If you're in Europe, can you name the capitals of at least 10 European countries? yes

Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it. many times - Pittsburgh loves fireworks - we have them all the time. so pretty, especially when over the river.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What is the longest period of time you have spent waiting in a line? no idea

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for? more than once

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to? too often!

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim? yes-ish

Have you ever gone snorkeling? yes love it

Have you ever gone SCUBA diving? no I can't consistently equalize the pressure in my ears

Do you have a water-related adventure to share with us? Let's hear it! not an adventure, really - but I loved the sensation when we were out at sea and no land was visible in any direction.

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you watched a movie? it's been a couple - maybe a few - weeks

What's the name of one (or more) of your favorite movies? let the right one in And hope and glory

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite?yes

Fess up: Do you still watch cartoons sometimes, when no kids are around? havent seen them in a while but would

TTFN, kiddies. Have a safe and very happy July 4th, and don't do anything I wouldn't do (which doesn't limit you all that much). Seriously, have a beautiful day. aw thanks so much - you too!

Old 07-04-2017, 08:05 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,861,492 times
[quote=PJSinger;48721156]To those in the U.S., To those elsewhere, happy 4th of !

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

• name the original 13 U.S. colonies? Not now. My brain is still crying for sleep and body says no way.
  • name the capital cities of at least 15 states?Probably.
  • recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence? Does it have something to do with forming a perfect union that our politicians seem to have forgotten?

Yes. Navy Pier does them every weekend in the summer and there were some after Venetian night as well.
EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Maybe ten minutes.
Yes.

Yes.

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim?
Like a fish
Many times.
Many times.

I've actually caught sting rays by hand and held them up out of the water. They're fun to catch.
JUST FOR FUN

Maybe a week ago.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall is fun. Bridesmaids was funny. Any scary movie with the teenagers is always fun.
Yes. Bugs Bunny and Scooby Do.
Only the Simpsons.

Oh bad girl. Lets be besties.

Happy 4th dear ones. We will be roofing today after the local parade with our neighbors. One of our neighbors will be in it with their new baby. So Mayberry. We might go to the fireworks again tonight with our Indian friend and their 4 year old. She enjoyed them last night. I miss my girls though. This is the first 4th they haven't been with me in about 5 years.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:09 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,462,115 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS http://www.millan.net/minimations/to...b_sprinkl1.gif

name the original 13 U.S. colonies? I was able to get them all but forgot about CT.
name the capital cities of at least 15 states?
1. Alaska - Juneau
2 . Alabama - Montgomery
3. Arizona - Phoenix
4. Arkansas - Little Rock
5. California - Sacramento
6. Connecticut - Hartford
7 . Florida - Tallahassee
8. Georgia - Atlanta
9. Hawaii - Honolulu
10. Idaho - Boise
11. Illinois - Springfield
12. Iowa - Des Moines
13. Kansas - Topeka
14. Louisiana - Baton Rouge
15. Texas - Austin

recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence? When in the course of human events. . .

Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it. Probably but can't recall a time.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What is the longest period of time you have spent waiting in a line? The line of life has been the longest while waiting for my ticket to be punched.

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for? Yes I have.

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to? Always. Now I just pick the longest line initially.

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim? I'm pretty sure I still can.

Have you ever gone snorkeling? Several times when I was younger.

Have you ever gone SCUBA diving? Have wanted to but my ears prevented me.

Do you have a water-related adventure to share with us? Let's hear it! I worked as a lifeguard one summer while in the service while we awaited our new aircraft.

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you watched a movie? It's been a while since I watched anything from start to finish.

What's the name of one (or more) of your favorite movies? Forbdden Planet with Walter Pigeon, Lesley Nielsen and Anne Francis.

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite? Probably one of the Looney Tunes characters.

Fess up: Do you still watch cartoons sometimes, when no kids are around? Yes. I watch Spongebob Squarepants whenever the news gets grim which is most days anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to prepare these Pam. Hoping everyone has a wonderful and safe Independence Day.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:18 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,658,035 times
name the original 13 U.S. colonies? Not all of them
name the capital cities of at least 15 states? Yup
recite the first seven words of the U.S. Declaration of Independence? Yup

Have you ever watched a fireworks show on a day other than your country's Independence Day or New Year's Eve? If so, tell us about it. Been to several on New Year's Eve

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

What is the longest period of time you have spent waiting in a line? Half an hour

Have you ever waited in a line for a long time and then gave up and left without whatever it was you were waiting for? Many times

Have you ever changed checkout lanes in a supermarket or other store, only to have the line you were previously in move faster than the line you moved to? Yup. That's why I like the self check out. Get out a lot quicker

BONUS Q'S

Can you swim? Nope

Have you ever gone snorkeling? Nope

Have you ever gone SCUBA diving? Nope

Do you have a water-related adventure to share with us? Let's hear it! Nope

JUST FOR FUN

When was the last time you watched a movie? 2 nights ago

What's the name of one (or more) of your favorite movies? Shawshank Redemption, most of the old Disney movies ( I call them the Walt Disney movies.)

Did you watch cartoons on TV when you were a kid? If so, which was your favorite? Yup. Looney Toons, Pink Panther, Tom and Jerry

Fess up: Do you still watch cartoons sometimes, when no kids are around? Every chance I get. Have 2 Looney Toons channels on my Roku stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics