Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 08:18 AM

5,934 posts, read 3,869,021 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, July 2, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Cancer. Some famous people who share your birth date are writer Hermann Hesse; first black U.S. Supreme Court justice Thurgood Marshall; Wendy’s burger chain founder Dave Thomas; soldier and activist Medgar Evers; singer-songwriters Paul Williams and Michelle Branch; fashion designer Pierre Cardin; actresses Lindsay Lohan and Ashley Tisdale; actors Brock Peters, Ron Silver and Larry David; musician and educator Ahmad Jamal; politicians John Sununu and Vicente Fox; Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos; model Jerry Hall; baseball player Jose Canseco; skater Johnny Weir and auto racing legend Richard Petty.

Today’s Questions:
Do you sleep on your back, your stomach or your side?
I've always slept on my side, now the right side more than the left because of my left knee - have to keep it elevated with a body pillow

Do you remember your dreams?
Yes sometimes

Have you had recurring dreams, and what were they about?
When I was a child I had two recurring dreams about my parents, my Mother had an evil twin who locked her in the closet and my Dad was a dark, shady figure that was scary who smoked cigars - weird. Now I have a recurring dream of falling or my Jeep being stolen

What do your pajamas look like, if you wear PJs? If not, what do you sleep in?
Don't wear pajamas, I wear lightweight gowns because I'm so hot natured

Do you walk or talk in your sleep?
Yes I've woke myself up talking before but no sleep walking
What type of bed do you sleep in?
Queen pillowtop

What type of pillow do you prefer?
not too fluffy, not too flat - just right
Bonus Questions:
Have you ever had, or been, a secret admirer?
I have been one but as far as I know I've never had one

Did anything ever develop from it?
nope

Just For Fun
What is something you can laugh about now even though it didn’t seem funny at the time?
Can't think of anything right off hand but I'm sure there's something that happened over the years, I was always embarrassing myself

“XYZ” (Examine Your Zipper) is an expression people use when they need to discreetly notify someone that their fly is open. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction, or seen one?
Well there's the famous Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction at the Super Bowl that I saw and I've had several malfunctions myself like ripped pants or broken zippers

Today in History
1505 – After an encounter with a violent thunderstorm, Martin Luther vows to become a monk.
1566 – French astrologist Nostradamus dies at 62.
1679 – First Europeans visit Minnesota.
1687 – England’s King James I dissolves Parliament.
1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.
1776 – New Jersey gives the right to vote to any citizen who can show a net worth of £50; Continental Congress declares, “These United colonies are and of right ought to be free and independent states.”
1823 – Bahia Independence Day: Brazil wins its independence from Portuguese rule.
1839 – Slaves aboard a Spanish ship La Amistad revolt to secure their freedom while being transported from one Cuban port to another.
1843 – An alligator falls from the sky during a thunderstorm in Charleston, South Carolina.
1865 – Salvation Army founded by minister William Booth and his wife Catherine.
1867 – First elevated railway goes into service in New York City.
1881 – U.S. President James Garfield is shot by a delusional office seeker. He dies of his wounds 79 days later.
1900 – First flight of a dirigible designed by Ferdinand von Zeppelin.
1916 – Marxist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin declares that capitalism leads to imperialism.
1921 – Jack Dempsey KOs Georges Carpentier to win the world heavyweight boxing championship.
1921 – U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a joint congressional resolution that formally ends the war with Germany.
1928 – First television broadcast in the U.S. on W3XK, owned by the Jenkins Television Corporation.
1932 – Franklin D. Roosevelt makes his first presidential nominating convention acceptance speech at the Democratic Convention.
1937 – Aviator Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan disappear over the South Pacific.
1940 – Adolf Hitler orders the invasion of Britain.
1955The Lawrence Welk Show premieres on ABC television.
1956 – Elvis Presley records “Hound Dog” and “Don’t Be Cruel.”
1958 – U.S. conducts atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island.
1961 – Author Ernest Hemingway takes his own life at age 61.
1962 – Cuban leader Fidel Castro visits Moscow.
1964 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts into law.
1976 – Formal reunification of North and South Vietnam.
1979 – First U.S. coin to honor a woman, the Susan B. Anthony dollar, is issued.
1986 – General strike against Pinochet regime in Chile.
1998Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the second title in the Harry Potter series, is published.
1998 – Barbra Streisand, 57, weds actor James Brolin, 58, in Malibu.
2002 – Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly around the world nonstop in a balloon.
2011 – Prince Albert of Monaco weds Charlene Wittstock.
2012 – Monsoon rain in India kills at least 79 and leaves 2.2 million homeless.
2015 – BP agrees to compensate U.S. government and Gulf states $18.7 billion for the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Word of the Day:
bricolage \ˌbrē-kō-ˈläzh, ˌbri-\ noun
: construction (as of a sculpture or a structure of ideas) achieved by using whatever comes to hand; also : something constructed in this way.
“Nature is a master of bricolage, hanging on to biological bits that are useful and modifying them for new purposes.”
Jennifer Ackerman, The Genius of Birds

Quote of the Day:
“Please know that I am aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others.”
- Amelia Earhart

Today is:
I Forgot Day
Build a Scarecrow Day
National Anisette Day
World UFO Day

Thanks Bay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 08:36 AM

24,734 posts, read 26,333,683 times
Today’s Questions:
Side

Bits and pieces, can't make any sense of them

Falling from a cliff or building.

Just shorts.

Thank God, NO

Queen size Sleep Number.

Soft and mushy

Bonus Questions:
Yep

No

Just For Fun
What is something you can laugh about now even though it didn’t seem funny at the time?

“XYZ” (Examine Your Zipper) is an expression people use when they need to discreetly notify someone that their fly is open. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction, or seen one?
Never heard that expression, but I have had my barn door open and told others theres was open too

Thanx BayArea4.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:42 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,266,352 times
Sunday! What's to eat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, July 2, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Cancer. Some famous people who share your birth date are writer Hermann Hesse; first black U.S. Supreme Court justice Thurgood Marshall; Wendy’s burger chain founder Dave Thomas; soldier and activist Medgar Evers; singer-songwriters Paul Williams and Michelle Branch; fashion designer Pierre Cardin; actresses Lindsay Lohan and Ashley Tisdale; actors Brock Peters, Ron Silver and Larry David; musician and educator Ahmad Jamal; politicians John Sununu and Vicente Fox; Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos; model Jerry Hall; baseball player Jose Canseco; skater Johnny Weir and auto racing legend Richard Petty.

Today’s Questions:

Mostly on my side but sometimes on my back if I get heartburn from something I ate.

Sometimes.

I used to have recurring nightmares, all of them where there is a tornado coming..or actually striking wherever I am.

Flannel plaid pattern pants, no top ever. Only in cold winter weather. Rest of time either birthday suit or real good boxer shorts.

Not really.

Big nice mattress on floor with plenty of sheets, blankets and pillows and large towels. The towels go on my pillows because they feel much nicer than just the pillow cases.

I don't know...if it feels good, do it!

Bonus Questions:

Had, yeah. Long, long, long ago.

Was too young for me so no.

Just For Fun

Nothing because if it wasn't funny when it happened it certainly isn't funny now.

Yeah...it is silly if you think about it. There ought to be a XYZ Holiday...where everyone goes out and spends the whole day and night with their zipper(s) down. Yayyy!

Today in History
1505 – After an encounter with a violent thunderstorm, Martin Luther vows to become a monk.
1776 – New Jersey gives the right to vote to any citizen who can show a net worth of £50; Continental Congress declares, “These United colonies are and of right ought to be free and independent states.”
1823 – Bahia Independence Day: Brazil wins its independence from Portuguese rule.
1839 – Slaves aboard a Spanish ship La Amistad revolt to secure their freedom while being transported from one Cuban port to another.
1843 – An alligator falls from the sky during a thunderstorm in Charleston, South Carolina.
1881 – U.S. President James Garfield is shot by a delusional office seeker. He dies of his wounds 79 days later.
1916 – Marxist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin declares that capitalism leads to imperialism.
1921 – Jack Dempsey KOs Georges Carpentier to win the world heavyweight boxing championship.
1921 – U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a joint congressional resolution that formally ends the war with Germany.
1928 – First television broadcast in the U.S. on W3XK, owned by the Jenkins Television Corporation.
1932 – Franklin D. Roosevelt makes his first presidential nominating convention acceptance speech at the Democratic Convention.
1937 – Aviator Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan disappear over the South Pacific.
1964 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts into law.
1979 – First U.S. coin to honor a woman, the Susan B. Anthony dollar, is issued.
1998Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the second title in the Harry Potter series, is published.
2002 – Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly around the world nonstop in a balloon.
2015 – BP agrees to compensate U.S. government and Gulf states $18.7 billion for the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Word of the Day:
: construction (as of a sculpture or a structure of ideas) achieved by using whatever comes to hand; also : something constructed in this way.
“Nature is a master of bricolage, hanging on to biological bits that are useful and modifying them for new purposes.”

Quote of the Day:
“Please know that I am aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others.”
- Amelia Earhart

Today is:
I Forgot Day
Build a Scarecrow Day
National Anisette Day
World UFO Day
**** Thank you so much Bay! I wish I could visit you there! ****

Old 07-02-2017, 08:53 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,923,324 times
[quote=Bayarea4;48699877]Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, July 2, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Cancer. Some famous people who share your birth date are writer Hermann Hesse; first black U.S. Supreme Court justice Thurgood Marshall; Wendy’s burger chain founder Dave Thomas; soldier and activist Medgar Evers; singer-songwriters Paul Williams and Michelle Branch; fashion designer Pierre Cardin; actresses Lindsay Lohan and Ashley Tisdale; actors Brock Peters, Ron Silver and Larry David; musician and educator Ahmad Jamal; politicians John Sununu and Vicente Fox; Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos; model Jerry Hall; baseball player Jose Canseco; skater Johnny Weir and auto racing legend Richard Petty.

Today’s Questions:
All of the above. I'm all over the place.
Sometimes I remember them.
I have a recurring fishing dream, tornado dreams, and the dreaded it's Halloween and nothing is ready dream. I just had that dream recently.
They look exactly like my skin.
No.
A sleep number with a reproduction canopy metal bed. Nope we never got around to buying a canopy.
Soft so I can mold it.
Bonus Questions:
I have been one before.
Nope.
Just For Fun
I had this Doberman named Mica when John and I first met. We were newly married on a road trip with Mike when he ate some horse crap. It was a small car and his panting head was right between us. I told John we would laugh about it some day and we still do.
John forgets his all the time. I take it as an invitation to molest. There's lots of giggles on both sides.
Today in History

Word of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
- Amelia Earhart

Today is:
I Forgot Day
Build a Scarecrow Day
National Anisette Day
World UFO Day

Thanks bay dear one.

I cancelled the two day sleep over with the girls over the 4th. There was just too much back and forth drama. I'm so disappointed. I was so looking forward to it. We're still going to the fireworks on Monday with our friends and their 4 year old. I don't know what we're doing on the 4th now. Probably roofing the small roof on the back porch. Ugh.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:53 AM

11,556 posts, read 12,151,347 times
Thanks for today's question and information!

Today’s Questions:
- Side

- Yes, and many seem so real they play out like a movie.

- Yes, I seem to be sorting clothes to do laundry a lot, guess that means I need to sort things out in my life?

- Whatever is comfy based on the climate/temperature

- No

- Standard pillow top mattress

- Medium firmness

Bonus Questions:
- Had a crush on a guy was waaaay back in junior high (guess it's called middle school now)

- Nope, and can't even remember his name now

Old 07-02-2017, 09:15 AM

8,015 posts, read 5,480,372 times
Today’s Questions:

Do you remember your dreams? Not often--I do remember last night's. A bit puzzling why that all came together in a dream.

[color=black][font=&quot]What do your pajamas look like, if you wear PJs? I have various ones--mostly flowers on them

Do you walk or talk in your sleep? No to walking, however occasionally I will talk in my sleep--it is rare but it happens.

What type of bed do you sleep in? Queen

What type of pillow do you prefer? Semi soft feather pillow

Bonus Questions:
Have you ever had, or been, a secret admirer? I did have one of our Management people recently, who really likes me as Team member, leave me a note where I was working that said, "Good Morning -from your Secret Admirer". It made me smile all day. Just a nice guy.

Did anything ever develop from it? n/a

Just For Fun
What is something you can laugh about now even though it didn’t seem funny at the time? Every Summer there is a lot of mandatory overtime where I work. It goes by seniority. Every day was a new day, every day I was on the bottom. I wasn't sure I was going to make it. 16 years later I can laugh about it. At the time I was practically in tears everyday. I still get hit at times, but nothing like when I first started.

“XYZ” (Examine Your Zipper) is an expression people use when they need to discreetly notify someone that their fly is open. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction, or seen one? Yes and Yes

Today in History
1955The Lawrence Welk Show premieres on ABC television. My father watched this every week

Quote of the Day:
- Amelia Earhart

Today is:
I Forgot Day
Build a Scarecrow Day
National Anisette Day *runs out and buys a bottle of Sambuca!*
World UFO Day

Enjoy the day!

Old 07-02-2017, 10:12 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,097,569 times
Today’s Questions:
Do you sleep on your back, your stomach or your side? I'm usually all over the place but end up on my side.

Do you remember your dreams? almost never.............

Have you had recurring dreams, and what were they about? I have. Mostly thinking I was still in college

What do your pajamas look like, if you wear PJs? If not, what do you sleep in? I have a pair but never use them,,,,,,, so I sleep in the bed.

Do you walk or talk in your sleep? I've never said anything that I get an answer back on. As for walking,,,, not something I do.

What type of bed do you sleep in? A queen size, firm mattress

What type of pillow do you prefer? large size about medium in firmness

Bonus Questions:
Have you ever had, or been, a secret admirer? If so it was a secret

Did anything ever develop from it? No

Just For Fun
What is something you can laugh about now even though it didn’t seem funny at the time? I accidentally broke a water pipe while working and got totally wet from heat to foot.

“XYZ” (Examine Your Zipper) is an expression people use when they need to discreetly notify someone that their fly is open. Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction, or seen one? Yes, and Mrs Aks notified me about it.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:28 AM

226 posts, read 300,874 times

Today’s Questions:
Alternating Sides
Rarely
nope
nightgown
I would sleepwalk as a child but outgrew it
I don't know but it's the most comfortable one I've ever slept in
fluffy
Bonus Questions:
I've been one but if I ever had one it was a secret
nope
Just For Fun
guess I still can't laugh at them

Today in History
1955 – The Lawrence Welk Show premieres on ABC television.
1998 – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the second title in the Harry Potter series, is published.

Word of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
- Amelia Earhart

Today is:
I Forgot Day
Build a Scarecrow Day
National Anisette Day
World UFO Day

Thanx!

Old 07-02-2017, 02:27 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,289,151 times
yes, yes, and yes
sometimes, and i write them down every now and then
flying
in the winter i do
nope
horizontal
clean

probably, maybe, i don't really know
-

give me a minute
ever seen the movie Along Came Polly (2004)?

Old 07-02-2017, 03:15 PM

622 posts, read 401,058 times
Today’s Questions:
Side sleeper here.
Sometimes.
I sometimes have a recurring dream about an unpleasant experience.
A tee shirt.
No
On a mattress topped with comforters over the cab in my truck camper.
Fairly firm ones and lots of them.
Bonus Questions:
Yes to both.
Yes.
Just For Fun
The first time I drove a tractor I drove it straight into a pond.
Yes to both and both were accidental.

Today is:
I Forgot Day Just one?
Build a Scarecrow Day
National Anisette Day
World UFO Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics