Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:35 PM

44,756 posts, read 62,145,227 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday January 08, 2017. If you were born on this day, as a Capricorn, you are well known for your social, charming and hardworking personality. While there are many people that prefer solitude, you are most energized by social settings, where you can display your charm, warmth and whit. Noted famous people whose birthdate is today are singers Elvis Presley, David Bowie, and scientist Stephen Hawking.

Todays questions:
Any special plans for 2017?

Are you watching any football playoffs today?
Do you have a favorite football team?
You're not a fan of football?
Waiting for baseball season?

Do you speak with a dialect or know some one who does?
Do you know any derelicts?
When was the last time you licked an ice cream waffle cone?
What is your all time favorite ice cream flavor?

If you and I were going out to dinner, and I was paying, where would you like to go?
If you were paying for our dinner out, where would you take me?
When was the last time you ate out?
What did you have?

Which of the following games have you played:
Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game?

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad_______________________________

Today I'm_____________________________

I wish_________________________________

My favorite peeve_______________________

Pun time:
The teacher wrote on the blackboard, "I ain't had no fun in months".
Then she asked the class, "How should I correct this sentence?"
Tin Man raised his hand and replied, "Get yourself a new boyfriend."

Quote of the moment:
A life is like a tree -- if you don't make it straight when its young and green, you'll never do it when it's old and dry...anon

Historical events of note for January 8th...
1790 – George Washington delivers the first State of the Union address in New York City.
1815 – War of 1812: Battle of New Orleans: Andrew Jackson leads American forces in victory over the British.
1835 – The United States national debt is zero for the only time.
1867 – African American men are granted the right to vote in Washington, D.C.
1877 – Crazy Horse and his warriors fight their last battle against the United States Cavalry at Wolf Mountain, Montana Territory.
1940 – World War II: Britain introduces food rationing.
1964 – President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a "War on Poverty" in the United States.
1973 – Watergate scandal: The trial of seven men accused of illegal entry into Democratic Party headquarters at Watergate begins.
1982 – Breakup of the Bell System: AT&T agrees to divest itself of twenty-two subdivisions.
2002 – President George W. Bush signs into law the No Child Left Behind Act.
2004 – The RMS Queen Mary 2, the largest ocean liner ever built, is christened by her namesake's granddaughter, Queen Elizabeth II.
2017 - BstYet2be roots for Alabama football team to a winning championship.

Well that's it for this Sunday, Thanks for participating, hope you enjoyed our 15 minutes of fame. As usual all comments, questions, puns were run by the infamous law firm of Watts, Yurs, Izz, and Myne, attorneys outlawed.

Enjoy your day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 09:40 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times
Welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday January 08, 2017. If you were born on this day, as a Capricorn, you are well known for your social, charming and hardworking personality. While there are many people that prefer solitude, you are most energized by social settings, where you can display your charm, warmth and whit. Noted famous people whose birthdate is today are singers Elvis Presley, David Bowie, and scientist Stephen Hawking.

Todays questions:
Any special plans for 2017? Continue my never ending search for that perfect piece of stinky cheese

Are you watching any football playoffs today? no
Do you have a favorite football team? No
You're not a fan of football? More or less
Waiting for baseball season? Not really

Do you speak with a dialect or know some one who does? I use to work with someone that not only spoke but also wrote with one.
Do you know any derelicts? Way too many
When was the last time you licked an ice cream waffle cone? While in Belgium in 2011
What is your all time favorite ice cream flavor? Black cherry

If you and I were going out to dinner, and I was paying, where would you like to go? Germany
If you were paying for our dinner out, where would you take me? The local food bank
When was the last time you ate out? This afternoon.
What did you have? Food

Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game?
All but button button. Never heard of that one.

Fill in the blanks: Do I have to?
I'm glad 2016 is over

Today I'm older than yesterday

I wish wit-nit did not have fill in the blanks

My favorite peeve is people that think I should eat more veggies

Pun time:

Quote of the moment:
A life is like a tree -- if you don't make it straight when its young and green, you'll never do it when it's old and dry...anon

1790 – George Washington delivers the first State of the Union address in New York City.
1815 – War of 1812: Battle of New Orleans: Andrew Jackson leads American forces in victory over the British.
1877 – Crazy Horse and his warriors fight their last battle against the United States Cavalry at Wolf Mountain, Montana Territory.
1964 – President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a "War on Poverty" in the United States.
1973 – Watergate scandal: The trial of seven men accused of illegal entry into Democratic Party headquarters at Watergate begins.
1982 – Breakup of the Bell System: AT&T agrees to divest itself of twenty-two subdivisions.
2004 – The RMS Queen Mary 2, the largest ocean liner ever built, is christened by her namesake's granddaughter, Queen Elizabeth II.

Well that's it for this Sunday, Thanks for participating, hope you enjoyed our 15 minutes of fame. As usual all comments, questions, puns were run by the infamous law firm of Watts, Yurs, Izz, and Myne, attorneys outlawed.

Enjoy your day

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 01-07-2017 at 09:58 PM..

Old 01-07-2017, 09:44 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times

Todays questions:

If you and I were going out to dinner, and I was paying, where would you like to go?
What did you have?

Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game?

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad_______________________________

Today I'm_____________________________

I wish_________________________________

My favorite peeve_______________________

Pun time:

Quote of the moment:

Old 01-07-2017, 09:57 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,047,440 times
Welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday January 08, 2017[/b]. If you were born on this day, as a Capricorn, you are well known for your social, charming and hardworking personality. While there are many people that prefer solitude, you are most energized by social settings, where you can display your charm, warmth and whit. Noted famous people whose birthdate is today are singers Elvis Presley, David Bowie, and scientist Stephen Hawking.

Todays questions:
Any special plans for 2017? To keep a low profile and avoid being seen. In the spring a traveling trip overseas.

Are you watching any football playoffs today? no
Do you have a favorite football team? not really
You're not a fan of football? no
Waiting for baseball season? yes

Do you speak with a dialect or know some one who does? no
Do you know any derelicts? a few
When was the last time you licked an ice cream waffle cone? age 12
What is your all time favorite ice cream flavor? Spumoni

When was the last time you ate out? this morning
What did you have? ham,eggs and cheese

Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game?

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad_____2016 is over____________________

Today I'm____tired _________________________

I wish_______there was peace ________________

My favorite peeve___ bad drivers_______________

Pun time:

Quote of the moment:

Enjoy your day

Last edited by AksarbeN; 01-07-2017 at 10:09 PM..

Old 01-07-2017, 10:07 PM

24,790 posts, read 28,732,092 times

Todays questions:
Any special plans for 2017? just more procrastination

Are you watching any football playoffs today? Nope
Do you have a favorite football team? No
You're not a fan of football? <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< yes this one.
Waiting for baseball season? NO!

Do you speak with a dialect or know some one who does? Why yes.. some Oz-in
Do you know any derelicts?........................................ ........... yes a X
When was the last time you licked an ice cream waffle cone?.... been years.. hand made cone Yummy
What is your all time favorite ice cream flavor? Heavenly Hash - Rocky Road..

If you and I were going out to dinner, and I was paying, where would you like to go? Just a burger please..
If you were paying for our dinner out, where would you take me? same place
When was the last time you ate out? as fast food.. or the guy with the towel over his arm
What did you have?

Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game? Hunting for snipes & Cow Tipping

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad I am in Tennessee.. so glad

Today I'm...... Jonny Cabin Fever Johnny

I wish... no ruby red slippers to click.. so no wish

My favorite peeve slobs ! people that could care less about people around them or their environment.. those are the slobs who throw loaded diapers in the Wally World Cart.. or place a beer bottle at the intersection on the yellow line.. or who throw crap out the window from the fast food place and it ends up in your yard.. and the most discussing is those slobs who don't flush in the public restroom.. looks like a cow just took a dump

Pun time:
Tin Man raised his hand and replied, "Get yourself a new boyfriend." and your forgot with loads of money

Quote of the moment:

Enjoy your day
Hope every one is warm today... Thanks Witty

Old 01-07-2017, 10:40 PM

21,740 posts, read 8,880,895 times
Today's questions:
Nothing is set in stone, but I hope to get some home improvements done this year and also investigate the possibility of taking music lessons.
No, I'm not a football fan.
Do you have a favorite football team? n/a
You're not a fan of football? True.
Waiting for baseball season? You betcha. Go, Giants!

I guess my accent is pretty close to standard American English but with some Midwestern influence as my parents' families were from Kansas and Iowa.
Does Mr. Bay count?
I think it was a couple of summers ago.
Chocolate
We'd go to my favorite Italian restaurant on West Portal Avenue in San Francisco.
Same as above.
Last Thursday night.
What did you have?
Leek and potato soup, chicken Mattone [cooked with a brick on top], roast potatoes, green beans, julienned carrots, pannetone bread pudding with warm zabaglione sauce and coffee.
Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game?
All except the last two.

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad the Christmas decorations are put away.

Today I'm probably going to stay in because we're expecting a pretty severe rain storm.
I wish I had a gas stove.

My favorite peeve "easy open" containers that aren't.

2017 - BstYet2be roots for Alabama football team to a winning championship. Roll Tide!

Old 01-07-2017, 10:45 PM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
Todays questions:
Any special plans for 2017? Go see my daughter who moved to California.

Are you watching any football playoffs today? No
You're not a fan of football? No

Do you speak with a dialect or know some one who does? No
Do you know any derelicts? Yes
When was the last time you licked an ice cream waffle cone? Last summer
What is your all time favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate and vanilla twist

If you and I were going out to dinner, and I was paying, where would you like to go? A nice restaurant
If you were paying for our dinner out, where would you take me? A nice restaurant
When was the last time you ate out? A few hours ago
What did you have? Fried chicken

Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game?

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad healthy

Today I'm tired

i wish everybody could get along

My favorite peeve_loud music

Old 01-07-2017, 10:48 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,782,498 times

Todays questions:
Any special plans for 2017? No.

Are you watching any football playoffs today? No.
Do you have a favorite football team? No.
Waiting for baseball season? No.

Do you speak with a dialect or know some one who does? No.
Do you know any derelicts? No.
When was the last time you licked an ice cream waffle cone? Years.
What is your all time favorite ice cream flavor? Pistachio and I like Cherry Vanilla.

If you and I were going out to dinner, and I was paying, where would you like to go? An Italian restaurant.
If you were paying for our dinner out, where would you take me? See above.
When was the last time you ate out? A couple weeks ago.
What did you have? A mushroom burger and fries.

Which of the following games have you played: Played all but Button button, Tip over the outhouse and don't remember playing doctor.
Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game?

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad____it is a New Year___________________________

Today I'm__gonna__be careful when walking Millie_so I won't take a fall because of the snow and ice.____

I wish__I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner! LOL! No, I wish I was taller.______

My favorite peeve___The idiots who wear their pants low enough that you can see their butt crack! Or how bout the ones who go out and shop in their pj bottoms!___

Pun time:

Quote of the moment:

Enjoy your day [/quote]

You do the same, wit-nit.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:07 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,862,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post

Todays questions:

Are you watching any football playoffs today? Maybe the Giants vs Packers
Do you have a favorite football team? (1) Alabama Crimson Tide & (2) hoping the Cowboys can redeem themselves this year to at least a resemblance of their 80's-90s Super Bowl glory days, & (3) the Texans are looking pretty decent, too!
Waiting for baseball season? Fastpitch Softball season!

When was the last time you licked an ice cream waffle cone? Too long
What is your all time favorite ice cream flavor? Any kind of chocolate

You & your wife's favorite restaurant!
My favorite restaurant

When was the last time you ate out? Earlier this week
What did you have? BBQ

Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game? Duck, Duck Goose & Hopscotch

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad_our temps will be warming back up this week_
Today I'm_glad it's warm & cozy inside_
I wish_the world could sing in perfect harmony_
My favorite peeve_self-appointed forum grammar police_

Pun time:

WTG Tin Man!

Quote of the moment:

2017 - BstYet2be roots for Alabama football team to a winning championship. Thanks, you betcha! And a little smack talking egging it on in the College Forum has been fun, too! Roll Tide!

Enjoy your day
Thanks witty-nit, great job w/Sunday's QotDs' witticisms!

Enjoy the day All!

Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 AM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times
Todays questions:
- Nope

- American football, not a fan. Too violent for my taste.

No to the first two.

Waffle cone was about 2 months ago. I like a mix of both vanilla and chocolate.

If you and I were going out to dinner, and I was paying, where would you like to go? - A local diner I went to about a month ago for a birthday party. Had a salmon and lentils dish. I was in heaven...

If you were paying for our dinner out, where would you take me? - Silver Diner, where I had that dish described above.

When was the last time you ate out? - Yesterday, but it wasn't a restaurant.
What did you have? - A deluxe salad. So yummy!

Simon sez?
Charades?
Kick the can?
Hide go seek?
- This one was very popular when I was a kid.
Hot potato?
Pick-up sticks?
Musical chairs?
- A couple of times
Button button?
Blind man's bluff?
Tic tac toe?
- This one
Tip over the outhouse?
Doctor?
Other fun game?

Never heard of or did many on that list...

Fill in the blanks:
I'm glad_
I feel great and have the energy I do at my age.

Today I'm going to do laundry.

I wish health insurance wasn't unaffordable for me.

My favorite peeve are those phones and how it has become part of many people's bodies.

Thanks, wit-nit.
Happy Sunday to all!

Last edited by John13; 01-08-2017 at 01:05 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics