Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 11:46 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up?
Truck driver was one.

Did it work out that way, and why or why not?
Yep, I did that for several years and still miss it sometimes.

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference?
I prefer cloth in both. In cars leather is too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
On furniture cloth is cooler and more comfortable in my opinion.

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise?
There is a TV in this room that is on most of the time. Muted some of the time.

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go?
Athletic centers like YMCA. We have neighbors with pools. Like kygman said, won't invite
myself, though they have extended an invitation before without any hinting from this end. Really.

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells?
Pizza, almost anything Italian.
Cinnamon.
Chocolate.
Tea.
Coffee.
Roasting beef or sizzling steak.
Basil, oregano.
Fried chicken.
Chinese restaurants, I don't know what specifically the scent is, but I like.
A fresh cheeseburger.
Lemon, orange, lime.
Pecans.
Vinegar or vinegary foods, now I want an Italian sub with vinegar on it.

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now :
Enchiladas. They were okay and were overpriced. What can you expect?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 12:44 PM

9,726 posts, read 14,271,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here we are at the last Saturday of April 2017. Lucky for us there are . . .

[b]Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? A wife

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? Yes, it did! But along the way, I became a real estate professional (not in sales).

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference?
leather, heated seats in cars

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? I have to have music on in my home office.

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go? nowhere....I never liked swimming

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? garlic, apples and cinnamon simmering, pumpkin pie in the oven

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now :
pizza....since I've been on a diet, I really miss that

Have a bloomin' great Saturday!
Bloomin' with work here. Small business owners work all the time. (except for when I escape and let my answering machine take over). Thanks, bjh!

Old 04-29-2017, 02:46 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,700,004 times

Today' Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? Actor/Singer.

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? No, I got married at 18. I was suppose to audition in NY, but thought I was in love. The day of my wedding I was sick, and should of listened to the little voice in my head but didn't. We lasted a couple years and then got a divorce. A few years later I met Joe and we married and stayed together over 30 years til he passed on.

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference? Cloth upholstery in cars.

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? Sometimes I leave the tv on for the noise.

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go? I don't swim but if I did could go to a beach.

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? Garlic bread and some holiday goodies.

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now : Haven't ordered from room service.

Today's Little Gene-yus Joke:
Little Eugene ran an errand for his mother. She sent him to the post office with a stack of letters to buy stamps.
Eugene walked up to the clerk and set his boxing gloves down on the counter next to the letters.
The postal clerk asked why he'd brought along boxing gloves. Little Eugene replied, "Momma said the stamps have to be licked."
-
(Note: this pun was made in the high likelihood that little Eugene's childhood took place BEFORE self-adhesive stamps. )

First Published on This Day:
1852 1st edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus

Today Includes:
[/b][/u]Eeyore's Birthday
Go Birding Day
Herb Day
Pool Opening Day
Sense of Smell Day
Shrimp Scampi Day
Veterinary Day

Today's Funny Quote:
"Spring is the time of year gardeners get so excited they wet their plants."

Today’s Funny Word:
bragosaurus [brag-oh-SAWR-uhs] noun
A dinosaur that talks boastfully.

Today's Picture:
Netherlands springtime tulip fields.

Made freely available on pixabay.com by Filio

Have a bloomin' great Saturday! [/quote]

Thanks!

Old 04-29-2017, 03:13 PM

7,336 posts, read 2,744,132 times
Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? Either a Librarian or a Journalist

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? Nope. Found a better paying job to help pay for raising three kids. It worked out. I loved my job and worked it for 33 years.

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference? Cloth. It's too hot here for vinyl/leather

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? I almost always have the stereo on because I love music. Right now though, there is a baseball game on.

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go? ??? I have no clue.

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? Baking bread

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now : I have never ordered anything from room service.

Thanks bjh for the questions. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:37 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,392,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? Lots of things like volcanologist,southwest airlines pilot, preacher

Did it work out that way, and why or why not?

No, I decided to be a businessman because of various reasons.
Bonus Random Section:
Cloth in cars
Not at night
It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go?
my backyard

Foodie Qs:
Pie, bbq, and other stuff

Just for fun:

A Beer
Little Eugene ran an errand for his mother. She sent him to the post office with a stack of letters to buy stamps.
Eugene walked up to the clerk and set his boxing gloves down on the counter next to the letters.
The postal clerk asked why he'd brought along boxing gloves. Little Eugene replied, "Momma said the stamps have to be licked."
-
(Note: this pun was made in the high likelihood that little Eugene's childhood took place BEFORE self-adhesive stamps. )

Today Includes:
Eeyore's Birthday
Go Birding Day
Herb Day
Pool Opening Day
Sense of Smell Day
Shrimp Scampi Day
Veterinary Day

Today's Funny Quote:

Today’s Funny Word:

Today's Picture:

Have a bloomin' great Saturday!
Answers are above

Old 04-29-2017, 04:25 PM

12,323 posts, read 2,972,196 times
Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up?
A wife and mother.

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? I am a wife, but not a mother yet.

Bonus Random Section:
No preference.

I left the radio on when leaving my apartment when I lived alone. That was before hubby.

We have city owned pools.

Foodie Qs:
Chocolate, cinnamon, and spices.

Just for fun:
I'd like a full breakast for me and hubby with coffee for him and hot cocoa for me.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:24 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,650,271 times
Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? No. I was to report to a nursing school in Denton, TX. Two days after I graduated from High School my father had a massive heart attack and funding was not available.

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference? Real leather

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? No, but my husband does this. Very annoying.

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go? My pool

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? coffee, bacon, meat grilling, oranges (tho I do not eat them)

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now : Steak well done, roasted vegetables (no potatoes), red wine, mixed salad, ranch dressing.

-

Today Includes:
Eeyore's Birthday
Go Birding Day
Herb Day
Pool Opening Day
Sense of Smell Day
Shrimp Scampi Day
Veterinary Day

Today's Funny Quote:

Today’s Funny Word:

Today's Picture:

Have a bloomin' great Saturday! [/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics