Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 02:46 AM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up?

Did it work out that way, and why or why not?

I hated being a kid. My only goal was to grow up fast and move out on my own.

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference?
- Cloth

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? - No. I like quiet.

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go?
There is a community pool but I never went. Perhaps if it were adults only...

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells?
- Banana bread, garlic

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now :
- Breakfast. I'll be doing that soon -eating, not ordering.

Thanks, bjh.
Happy Saturday to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 06:28 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,022,206 times
Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? A Stewardess, now called a Flight Attendant, for a while. Then a Medical Librarian.

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? Nope, got married at 18

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference? I like both, it depends and what is more comfortable, I have a leather recliner, (hand me down from Dad) and I love it.

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? TV sometimes for noise. Light always at night, if I get woke up in the middle of the night I want to see! No, not a light in my bedroom, a light in the living room.

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go?

Here, Loon Lake, Crystal Basin between Placerville and So. Lake Tahoe.

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? Oh so many, baking smells, grilling smells.

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now :I need the menu

Old 04-29-2017, 07:07 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times
I wanted to be a singer or a truck driver. And yes it worked out, how ironic!
My preference is cloth upholstery all the way.
Swim season, I'd go back to Lake Michigan, great times there.
I've ordered sandwiches from room service, when I stayed at a resort with a couple of friends. It was great!
Happy Saturday!

Old 04-29-2017, 07:38 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,587,954 times
[b]Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? one of the enduring ones was psychologist (ala Bob Newhart)

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? no but I do social work/services

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference? not a strong preference - my car has cloth

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? no

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go? the pool on post

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? starchy smells like bread, pasta, brownies. Also grilled lamb.

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now :one thing I ordered but wouldn't again is hash - too salty and bad texture

Have a bloomin' great Saturday! thank you!

Old 04-29-2017, 07:47 AM

126,266 posts, read 19,034,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here we are at the last Saturday of April 2017. Lucky for us there are . . .

Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? One of them was Förster/Forest Ranger

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? No it did not

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference? Cloth

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? Not really

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go? would go to my friends place for a swim

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? Fresh baked bread/buns/cinnamon cookies,an apple pie filling with cinnamon,Pizza,clementines

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now I never ordered room service

Today's Little Gene-yus Joke:
Little Eugene ran an errand for his mother. She sent him to the post office with a stack of letters to buy stamps.
Eugene walked up to the clerk and set his boxing gloves down on the counter next to the letters.
The postal clerk asked why he'd brought along boxing gloves. Little Eugene replied, "Momma said the stamps have to be licked."
-
(Note: this pun was made in the high likelihood that little Eugene's childhood took place BEFORE self-adhesive stamps. )

First Published on This Day:
1852 1st edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus

Today Includes:
Eeyore's Birthday
Go Birding Day
Herb Day
Pool Opening Day
Sense of Smell Day
Shrimp Scampi Day
Veterinary Day

Today's Funny Quote:
"Spring is the time of year gardeners get so excited they wet their plants."...Lol

Today’s Funny Word:
bragosaurus [brag-oh-SAWR-uhs] noun
A dinosaur that talks boastfully.

Today's Picture:
Netherlands springtime tulip fields. It is sure a beautiful place to visit

Made freely available on pixabay.com by Filio

Have a bloomin' great Saturday!
Thank you bjh and may everyone have a lovely weekend...see you all in May

Old 04-29-2017, 08:16 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,490 times
Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? I knew from the time I was seven that I would be an elementary school teacher. Now I am one year from retirement, having the most seniority of anyone in our district.

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference? My current car is the first I've ever had with leather seats and I do like them. With furniture, just want comfort.

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? I have the tv on Pandora, for music, much of the time.

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go? Water is too cold to be swimming yet. Once it's warmed up I would go to the pool at our family home. I've said recently how we had a pool from the time I was twelve yrs. old. My mom saved the $ she'd earned from taking in ironing and from doing the books for the family's dairy. She bought us a round, top of the ground pool. About ten years after that, my parents decided to put in an in ground pool, thinking it would be a family gathering place. And it has been. So many memories of time spent around the pool. My parent's grandkids learned to swim there and my grands have learned there now as well. Good times!

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? Thanksgiving dinner.... baking bread.

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now : Have seldom had the opportunity to order room service. Vacations are spent with extended family and we rent a house instead of staying in a hotel/motel.

Little Eugene ran an errand for his mother. She sent him to the post office with a stack of letters to buy stamps.
Eugene walked up to the clerk and set his boxing gloves down on the counter next to the letters.
The postal clerk asked why he'd brought along boxing gloves. Little Eugene replied, "Momma said the stamps have to be licked."
-
(Note: this pun was made in the high likelihood that little Eugene's childhood took place BEFORE self-adhesive stamps. )

Today Includes:
Eeyore's Birthday Oh dear.....
Go Birding Day
Herb Day
Pool Opening Day
Sense of Smell Day
Shrimp Scampi Day
Veterinary Day

Today's Funny Quote:
"Spring is the time of year gardeners get so excited they wet their plants." Ha!

Today’s Funny Word:

Today's Picture:
Netherlands springtime tulip fields.

Have a bloomin' great Saturday! You too, bjh!

Old 04-29-2017, 08:38 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,907,213 times
What did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse.

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? Nope -- not much patience with patients!

What are some of your favorite food smells? Bread baking, turkey roasting.

Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now : Fruit, granola and yoghurt parfait, orange juice and coffee.

Thanks bjh and happy Saturday everyone!

Old 04-29-2017, 09:41 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times
[quote=bjh;47988509]Here we are at the last Saturday of April 2017. Lucky for us there are . . .

Today's Question(s):
A vet.
I found out I had to put animals to sleep.

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference?
Microfiber that looks like leather on furniture and leather in my car.
Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise?
No but we have lights on timers. If I'm out after 3am on my bike and I forget to turn on another light before I leave, I have to come home to a dark house.
To the dunes or friends pools.

Foodie Qs:
Coffee, and a pot roast in the oven.

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now :
We rarely order room service.

-

Today Includes:
Eeyore's Birthday
Go Birding Day
Herb Day
Pool Opening Day
Sense of Smell Day
Shrimp Scampi Day
Veterinary Day

Today's Funny Quote:
"Spring is the time of year gardeners get so excited they wet their plants."

Today’s Funny Word:

Today's Picture:
Netherlands springtime tulip fields.

Have a bloomin' great Saturday!

Thanks bjh. Off to shop with a friend soon and the teenagers are coming today.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:42 AM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Today's Question(s):
A CHP officer.

Nope, way too short.

Bonus Random Section:
I do like the new microfiber stuff on the furniture, in the car it's either leather or cloth.

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise?
Sometimes.

City Park pool.

Foodie Qs:
The thanksgiving and Christmas meals really get to me.

Just for fun:
Hmm, don't think we have ever ordered room service and don't think we ever will.

Thanx.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:46 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Today's Question(s):
What did you want to be when you grew up? Once I got in high school I wanted to get into journalism

Did it work out that way, and why or why not? Didn't work out. Helps to stay in college

Bonus Random Section:
Do you prefer leather/vinyl or cloth upholstery in cars and on furniture or do you have no preference? No preference

Do you ever leave a TV or radio on just for the light or the noise? 24/7

It's getting to be swim season soon in most places. If you wanted to take a dip, where could you go? There's a state park about 40 miles from here that has a nice pool. Another state park a little closer has a beach that is "officially" closed but people still swim there. Have several friends who have a pool here in town but I'm not, nor will I ever be, one of those who will invite themselves to somebody else's pool

Foodie Qs:
What are some of your favorite food smells? Fresh baked bread, bacon, everything cooking at Christmas

Just for fun:
Tell us at least one thing you have ordered from room service or would like to now : Never been in a hotel that had room service. My wife said I am her room service, even at home. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics