Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:11 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,546,903 times

Advertisements

[quote=PatsCats;47956086]Mornin' all!

I hope all is well with everyone, and that you are ready to tackle your day, or hit the sack, depending on what part of the globe you're on. So grab your favorite Question beverage, relax for a bit, and settle in for a few moments with today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
What weather conditions are common where you live? What extreme weather conditions have you experienced anywhere?

We have all 4 seasons here.
Most severe I have seen are strong Thunderstorms with lots of lightening and high winds. And a few funnel clouds/

Bonus Question(s):
Do you live near a college, university, or tech school? If so, what are their specialties?
We have several colleges and techs and Universities in the area I live. They cover a lot of specialities

Just For Fun:
Do you have the following small kitchen appliances:
toaster oven? NO
wok? NO
bread maker? If you consider my hands a bread maker, yes
juicer? NO
counter top electric mixer? NO
food processor? NO
personal, "bullet"-type blender? NO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Bullet_(appliance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbpVtcwiTM
other?
Have a wonderful Hump day PatsCats and everyone else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 06:15 AM

4,865 posts, read 3,687,089 times
Today's Question(s):
What weather conditions are common where you live? What extreme weather conditions have you experienced anywhere? Hot and sunny! LOVE IT. I've seen flooding, hail, snow, rain, drought

Bonus Question(s):
Do you live near a college, university, or tech school? If so, what are their specialties? TCU!! Texas Christian University! Ranch Management and Nursing are prominent. Best school ever, heart of the city of Fort Worth.

Just For Fun:
toaster oven? Y
wok? N
bread maker? N
juicer?
counter top electric mixer? Y
food processor? Y
personal, "bullet"-type blender? Y

other?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1906 1st motion pictures shown in Hawaii
Birthday: 1564 William Shakespeare, English poet, playwright, and actor (d. May 03, 1616)
Science: 1514 Copernicus makes his 1st observations of Saturn
Sports: 1941 A tradition begins, 1st organ at a baseball stadium for the Chicago Cubs

Today’s Word:
dalmatic
Pronunciation: (dal-MAT-ik)
Meaning: noun:
A loose, wide-sleeved outer garment worn by some monarchs at their coronations and by deacons, bishops, etc. in some churches.
Etymology: From Old French dalmatique, from Latin dalmatica vestis (Dalmatian garment) since these garments were originally made of Dalmatian wool. Dalmatia is a region along the Adriatic coast of Croatia. That’s also where Dalmatian dogs got their name from.
Earliest documented use: 1425.

Quote of the Day:
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." ~ William Shakespeare ~
Thanx for playing everyone! Have a good day! [/quote]

Old 04-26-2017, 06:50 AM

2,296 posts, read 1,443,661 times
Today's Question(s):
What weather conditions are common where you live? What extreme weather conditions have you experienced anywhere?

Relentless heat and humidity for seven months of the year. Extreme would be flooding and hurricanes.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you live near a college, university, or tech school? If so, what are their specialties?

There is a community college a few streets over.

Just For Fun:
toaster oven?
wok?
bread maker?
juicer? <--- This.
counter top electric mixer? <--- This.
food processor?
personal, "bullet"-type blender?
other? A regular blender, a regular toaster. I try to avoid having a lot of small appliances because I don't like clutter.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,220,564 times
I'm the Slime oozing out from your TV set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

I hope all is well with everyone, and that you are ready to tackle your day, or hit the sack, depending on what part of the globe you're on. So grab your favorite Question beverage, relax for a bit, and settle in for a few moments with today's Questions.

Okeedokee...I have a pint or 5, so this better be good...

Today's Question(s):

Where I reside, it is common for awful sunny days; it is common (but not common enough) for heavy rains, which I adore...it is common for wind, it is common for just a breeze; it is common for the highest temperatures to reach about 83 and lowest temperatures of about 61. It is common to see thunderstorms not so far away...our most common winds are out of the southeast, which I hate. It means possible morning showers and no more for the rest of the day. Northeast winds are pretty neato...that means frequent fast moving showers and higher surf at the beach, along with good surf fishing.

Bonus Question(s):

Yep and I don't know.

Just For Fun:
toaster oven?
wok? YES
bread maker?
juicer?
counter top electric mixer?
food processor?

other?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1906 1st motion pictures shown in Hawaii
Birthday: 1564 William Shakespeare, English poet, playwright, and actor (d. May 03, 1616)
Science: 1514 Copernicus makes his 1st observations of Saturn
Sports: 1941 A tradition begins, 1st organ at a baseball stadium for the Chicago Cubs

Today’s Word:
dalmatic
Pronunciation: (dal-MAT-ik)
Meaning: noun:
A loose, wide-sleeved outer garment worn by some monarchs at their coronations and by deacons, bishops, etc. in some churches.
Etymology: From Old French dalmatique, from Latin dalmatica vestis (Dalmatian garment) since these garments were originally made of Dalmatian wool. Dalmatia is a region along the Adriatic coast of Croatia. That’s also where Dalmatian dogs got their name from.
Earliest documented use: 1425.

Quote of the Day:
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." ~ William Shakespeare ~ Shakespeare was an A-hole.
Thanx for playing everyone! Have a good day!
Thanks, Pat's and cats! Fun way to start the day! ....though I started my day at 5 a.m....a bit late for me. I want my food! Italian tonight...unless I get Chinese!
I love your Wednesday questions, Pat&cats! I would like a couple/few extra each week... Please....!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:24 AM

39,175 posts, read 23,157,211 times
Today's Question(s):
What weather conditions are common where you live? Most of the time, sunny and mild. Our rainy season is usually from November through April. What extreme weather conditions have you experienced anywhere? When I was a kid living in Guam, a typhoon hit once. My neighborhood was spared, though.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you live near a college, university, or tech school? There are 2 junior colleges near me. If so, what are their specialties? General education courses that can either be transferable to a 4-year university or some vocational classes are available in a wide variety of fields.

Just For Fun:
toaster oven? <--Just this
wok?
bread maker?
juicer?
food processor?

other?

Happy Hump Day!

Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,036,942 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Where I now live it is pretty mild. Not many days below freezing and not many days above 100. Winters tend to rainy and boring. People here panic every time it snows an inch or the wind gusts above 50 mph. As far as extreme weather, living in Alaska had it's fair share. I have seen minus 69 on the thermometer. The wind can get over 100 mph. One place I lived got about 80 inches of rain a year. Another place had lots of drifting snow. More than once I have looked out the window and not been able to see any parked cars as they were all completely buried in snow drifts.

Bonus Question(s):
There are a couple colleges close by. Nothing special

Just For Fun:
toaster oven?
wok?
bread maker?
juicer?
food processor?
I have none of the above

Old 04-26-2017, 09:48 AM

4,052 posts, read 2,925,757 times
Today's Question(s):
What weather conditions are common where you live? Low humidity and excellent temps for 10 months of the year. July and August are very hot! What extreme weather conditions have you experienced anywhere? Nothing dangerous except sub-zero temps in Wisconsin.

Do you live near a college, university, or tech school? If so, what are their specialties? UNLV and two other state colleges. Specialties? Maybe hospitality.

toaster oven?
wok?
bread maker?
juicer?
food processor?
other? Coffee makers (2), coffee grinder, toaster.

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Old 04-26-2017, 09:51 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,246,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

I hope all is well with everyone, and that you are ready to tackle your day, or hit the sack, depending on what part of the globe you're on. Or your work schedule So grab your favorite Question beverage, relax for a bit, and settle in for a few moments with today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
What weather conditions are common where you live? What extreme weather conditions have you experienced anywhere?I live in coastal Delaware. We have relatively mild weather. Little or no winter snow and pleasant summers. That said over the years I have seen back to back blizzards and an occasional hurricane

Bonus Question(s):
Do you live near a college, university, or tech school? If so, what are their specialties?Live near DelTech. Offers general 2 year college degrees

Just For Fun:
toaster oven?
wok?
bread maker?
juicer?
Never realized how much we do not have,

Quote of the Day:
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." ~ William Shakespeare ~
Thanx for playing everyone! Have a good day!
Thank you Pat

Old 04-26-2017, 10:21 AM

24,660 posts, read 26,222,468 times
Today's Question(s):
What weather conditions are common where you live?
Warm Springs to hot Summers, Cool Falls to to slightly colder Winters with rain.

What extreme weather conditions have you experienced anywhere?
Lake Effect snow in OH, flooding and prolonged hot temps. in CA.

Bonus Question(s):
Do you live near a college, university, or tech school?
Reasonably close. Wow, I just found out there are 96 colleges within 50 miles of me.

If so, what are their specialties?
Citrus Experiments, Biological Pest Control, Entomology, Photography, Medicine, Aviation Lots of general stuff.

Just For Fun:
toaster oven?
wok?
bread maker?
juicer?
food processor?

Thanx PatsCatz.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:51 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,474,983 times
Today's Question(s):

What weather conditions are common where you live? At Albuquerque the weather is usually very nice even in the winter time but out here on this Texas South Plains farm, the weather has intelligence, e.g., the 24" of rain we get each year always seems to occur on the rare days when I need to get out. I need to take my trailer out today to pick up a piece of ag equipment but the road is still soggy from the rain this morning. It's no fun to spend 20 minutes to unload the trailer and an hour to wash the mud from under the truck.

What extreme weather conditions have you experienced anywhere? I suppose that would be the tornadoes I have seen.

Bonus Question(s): http://s5.tinypic.com/52xd0z_th.jpg
Do you live near a college, university, or tech school? If so, what are their specialties? The closest significant schools of learning to this farm are Wayland Baptist University, South Plains College, Lubbock Christian University and Texas Tech. Tech has a decent medical school.

Just For Fun: http://s6.tinypic.com/t6x8n6_th.jpg
toaster oven?
wok?
bread maker?
juicer?
food processor?
Personal, "bullet"-type blender?
other? I just brought back from Albuquerque a waffle maker and a breakfast sandwich maker.

Quote of the Day:
Goes along with: "An education should teach you how to think, not what to think." - HPR

Thanks PC. Wishing everyone a smooth and pleasant hump day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics