Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:40 AM

27,497 posts, read 27,526,788 times

Advertisements

Oops, I forgot to answer a couple of these earlier! @ me.
Kentucky... I've been to and through the but never to Pig.
Oreos takes any day!
Vacations or trips, I've learned never to talk about them or any plans for them anywhere anytime anymore, seems every time I say something out loud, it gets jinxed and I can't go. So... I'm hush hush about anything in that category.
Spicey.... always!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 12:06 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,677,613 times
Misc. Questions:

It's been raining like cats and dogs here all day.
What's the weather been like in your region? beautiful and balmy - especially for mid February - I'll take it!

Spring is approaching soon, are you anxious for it to arrive? yes!
Will you be doing any gardening? nope
Will you be making any traveling plans? ohhh I hope so - really been feeling like traveling recently
If not what are you planning to do?

Have you ever been to the town of Pig, Kentucky? no but I'll be in Louisville this year
Have you ever owned a pig? only tangentially
Have you ever ridden a pig? no
Have you ever eaten any pickled pigs feet? tried one
Are you a bacon lover?
Do you like BLT sandwiches? yes but its been ages since I had one
Any bacon food type favorites? I like strip bacon cooked extra crispy but with some nice gristly fat. Also enjoy Canadian style bacon

Do you like clowns? no!
Have you ever dressed as a clown? actually, yes
Do you know any clowns?
Have you ever clowned around? ayep
Do you think your boss is a clown? no but she's a laugh riot!

Is there any freaky thing that really scares you? not sure I know what you mean

Choose one:
Oreos or Fig Newton's?
Danish or donut?
Fish or fowl?
Coffee or tea?
Spicy or mild?
Cheese cake or Chocolate cake?

Brain Teaser:
I am tall when I am young and short when I am old...What am I? a souffle or the foam on beer!

Thanks for participating and have a great day. Thanks - you too!

Old 02-19-2017, 02:49 PM

44,753 posts, read 62,117,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Hello and welcome to the Questions Of The day for Sunday February 19, 2017...As a Pisces born on February 19th, your personality is defined by a selfless, intuitive and romantic nature. When it comes to your loved ones, there is little you would not sacrifice. Your friends and family can recall numerous times that you placed their interests and well-being far above your own. Your generosity is paired nicely with strong intuition

Misc. Questions:

It's been raining like cats and dogs here all day.
What's the weather been like in your region? ^^^

Spring is approaching soon, are you anxious for it to arrive? It's been spring weather nearly all winter here. 65F to 85F. Love it.
Will you be doing any gardening? Tending roses and a few other flora.
Will you be making any traveling plans? Am now for our annual trek to the mid-west in a couple of months.
If not what are you planning to do? Travel, travel, travel..

Have you ever been to the town of Pig, Kentucky? No.
Have you ever owned a pig? Yes, we had some when I was a kid.
Have you ever ridden a pig? Yes, when I was a kid.
Have you ever eaten any pickled pigs feet? No
Are you a bacon lover? Yes.
Do you like BLT sandwiches? Yes, I have one about every 2 weeks.
Any bacon food type favorites? On cheeseburgers, with eggs, BLT's, in baked beans.

Do you like clowns? Yes, Red Skelton is my favorite.
Have you ever dressed as a clown? Not yet.
Do you know any clowns? A few.
Have you ever clowned around? Many a time.
Do you think your boss is a clown? When I had bosses there were a few that rated being a clown.

Is there any freaky thing that really scares you? Those clowns in DC.

Choose one:
Oreos or Fig Newton's? Like both.
Danish or donut?
Fish or fowl?
Coffee or tea? Coffee AM/PM, ice tea for lunch.
Spicy or mild?

Brain Teaser:
I am tall when I am young and short when I am old...What am I? The definitive answer is 'candle'. But some other answers may fit as well.

Pun time:
Brian said to the teacher, "I don't think I deserved a zero on this test".
Teacher answered, " I don't either, but it's the lowest mark I could give you".

Quote of the moment:
"We are born crying, live complaining, and die disappointed". Thomas Fuller, clergyman.

Historical events of note for February 19th.
0356 Emperor Constantius II issues a decree closing all pagan temples in the Roman Empire.
1807 Former Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr is arrested for treason in Wakefield, Alabama and confined to Fort Stoddert.
1846 In Austin, Texas the newly formed Texas state government is officially installed. The Republic of Texas government officially transfers power to the State of Texas government following the annexation of Texas by the United States.
1856 Tin-type camera patented by Hamilton Smith, Gambier, Ohio
1878 Thomas Edison patents the phonograph.
1881 Kansas becomes 1st state to prohibit all alcoholic beverages.
1913 1st prize inserted into a Cracker Jack box.
1922 Ed Wynn becomes 1st talent to sign as a radio entertainer.
1934 Bob and Dolores Hope marry.
1963 U.S.S.R. informs John F. Kennedy it's withdrawing several thousand troops from Cuba .
1969 1st Test flight of Boeing 747 jumbo jet.
1985 Canned and bottled Cherry Coke introduced by Coca-Cola.
1986 U.S.S.R. launches Mir space station into Earth orbit.
2017 Animal Crazy catches A. Mutt eating 10 lbs of stinky cheese behind the barn, chases him through vegetable garden, Mutt escapes by climbing bean pole, A.C. chops down bean stalk, Mutt falls on A. C. both end up in ER.

Well that's it for this Sunday folks. Hope you enjoyed the q's and entertainment. As usual all questions, puns and miscellany meanderings were run by and approved by the law firm of "Wee Take It and Run" attorneys outlawed.

Thanks for participating and have a great day.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:17 PM

54,511 posts, read 33,986,194 times
Misc. Questions:

It's been raining like cats and dogs here all day. - Hmmm.. that might explain all the cats running around and all the dogs barking..
What's the weather been like in your region? - Wet..

Spring is approaching soon, are you anxious for it to arrive? - Anxious.. what's that?
Will you be doing any gardening? - Hmm.. spraying/pulling weeds in the front yard.. does that count as gardening?
Will you be making any traveling plans? - Yeah.. I might travel to the bathroom after I get done posting this..
If not what are you planning to do? - Wash and wax my trucks..

Have you ever been to the town of Pig, Kentucky? - Never heard of it..
Have you ever owned a pig? - No.. but an ex-girlfriend always called me a pig..

Is there any freaky thing that really scares you? - Nah.. but I scare myself sometimes..

Choose one:
Oreos or Fig Newton's?
Danish or donut?
Fish or fowl?
Coffee or tea? - Coffee.. with cream.
Spicy or mild?

Brain Teaser:
I am tall when I am young and short when I am old...What am I? - I'm not tellin'..

Pun time:
Brian said to the teacher, "I don't think I deserved a zero on this test".
Teacher answered, " I don't either, but it's the lowest mark I could give you".
- Well.. I guess that's better than a negative number..

Historical events of note for February 19th.
0356 Emperor Constantius II issues a decree closing all pagan temples in the Roman Empire.
1807 Former Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr is arrested for treason in Wakefield, Alabama and confined to Fort Stoddert.
1846 In Austin, Texas the newly formed Texas state government is officially installed. The Republic of Texas government officially transfers power to the State of Texas government following the annexation of Texas by the United States.
1856 Tin-type camera patented by Hamilton Smith, Gambier, Ohio - Did it have a USB cable connection?
1878 Thomas Edison patents the phonograph. - I thought they scratched that off the record..
1913 1st prize inserted into a Cracker Jack box. - What a rip-off.. you gotta buy a box of that stuff just to get a cheap toy?
1922 Ed Wynn becomes 1st talent to sign as a radio entertainer. - Hmm.. So did he Wynn anything?
1934 Bob and Dolores Hope marry. -
1969 1st Test flight of Boeing 747 jumbo jet.
2017 Animal Crazy catches A. Mutt eating 10 lbs of stinky cheese behind the barn, chases him through vegetable garden, Mutt escapes by climbing bean pole, A.C. chops down bean stalk, Mutt falls on A. C. both end up in ER. -

Well that's it for this Sunday folks. Hope you enjoyed the q's and entertainment. As usual all questions, puns and miscellany meanderings were run by and approved by the law firm of "Wee Take It and Run" attorneys outlawed.

Thanks for participating and have a great day.
Thanks Wit-nit, everyone have a great new week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics