Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 02:34 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,235,965 times

Advertisements

~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them?

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans?

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon?
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is?

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon?

~ Who could eat more hot dogs: (please vote for one)

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably __________.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with:

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not.....

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!):

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway:

**** Stand outside and grin; think about good things... ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 03:10 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,531,783 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them?
I have seen them but not really wondered about them.

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? I've seen them and had them

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon? Nope
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is? I like the emoticons, lol.

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon? No you persuaded me not to, lol.

Pat's Cats Maybe

El Nina I don't think so

John13 No

Animal Crazy Maybe

Aksarben Maybe

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably ___chocolate chip_______.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Pot roast, turkey and roast chicken. Actually anyhting with mashed potatoes.

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not….. Sure…would love to meet some of these invisible people I have known for so many years.

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): What???

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: Gas station, campground, scenic overlook.

Have a good night.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 9,393,489 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? - Did not see.

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? - I remember those.

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon?
- Never gave it a thought. I use it sometimes...

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon? - Nope

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

Considering I haven't had one in 35 years...

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably - Not one sticks out but chocolate chip is my favorite.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: - I hardly ever have it. I dunno, turkey is one...

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... - Not in a position to do a week, even if I wanted to.
If it were feasible to attend I would be up for a gathering, that's for sure. I attended quite a few of those through a once prominent Maryland newspaper message board. Always fun.

~ Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): - Lots of things I would not buy. Not sure I understand this question.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: - Nothing comes to mind. I have not been on a road trip in close to 3 years.
A place with a good salad bar would be delightful.

**** Stand outside and grin; think about good things... **** - Sounds good to me!

Thanks, rainroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 02-16-2017, 03:35 PM

27,497 posts, read 27,521,349 times
Cookies, I love chocolate chip, still warm out of the oven!
It could be fun to go camping with some of the friends in here, just depends on who. 😳
Happy Friday!

Old 02-16-2017, 03:35 PM

126,522 posts, read 19,268,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them?.. NEVER heard about it

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans?.. NEVER

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon?...NO I did not...
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is?...AGREE but like them

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon?...Hah..no I didn't

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy.....I think maybe animalcrazy

Aksarben

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably __________.Spritz cookies

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with:...bread dumplings with mushroom sauce,salmon with a dill sauce,
herb-roasted turkey with maple gravy

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... SURE would be fun we all could make great camp food

~ [/i]Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!):...I don't buy cold cuts,junk food,pop, certain type of meat,certain seafood

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway:....Restrooms,Gas station,Park entrance

THANK YOU roosty and good night

Old 02-16-2017, 03:54 PM

903 posts, read 590,376 times
A bit early yet? I guess you post it when you can. :O)

Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them?
We actually bought some once. They didn't really look like the picture. :O)

I had one before. Quite amusing. Another fun one, was in CA wasps or something lay eggs in the Oak "pods" or Walnuts. They make this buzzing sound as they begin to hatch. We ran a string line from one end of the office to the other, built a little flying saucer, and powered it with balloons across the room. Quite entertaining to see folks faces as the buzzing saucer flew towards their face.

I guess I hope people would not be so rude. My parents let us learn a valuable lesson about "false advertising" and saving instead of wasting your $.

No.

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably _Peanut Butter_____.

Mashed Potatoes, Turkey, and Roast

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not.....
Well, sure. If one is put together, we should probably review some QOTD to get a feeling for each others likes and dislikes. I think it usually fun to put faces to the "voices" we read.

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!):
Horseradish and weird things like kombucha.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway:
Subway, Gas Station, Scenic View

Don't make it look too weird though. You may gather unwanted attention. Have a fantastic weekend.

cd :O)

Old 02-16-2017, 04:23 PM

21,729 posts, read 8,867,054 times
Yes, those ads used to be in all the comic books. I did wonder what they were but was never curious enough to spend money to find out. What I was most curious about were those X-ray glasses that were supposed to let you see right through people. The illustration showed a grinning cartoon man leering at the outline of a shapely young woman. http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/...les/xray_5.jpg

I think so, when I was a kid. I've heard of them anyway.

I think if you have gone to all the trouble of writing and posting Questions of the Day, you deserve to receive in return an actual, intelligent, well-thought-out answer and not just an emoticon.

No, are you disappointed? OK, here you go:

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13 (AFAIK, John doesn't eat red meat)

Animal Crazy

Aksarben <---- I'll bet he could put away a few.

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably chocolate chip.

Thanksgiving Dinner
Christmas Dinner
Sunday Dinner after Church

Yes, it would be great fun because the people who post here are interesting and come from a lot of different backgrounds. It would be fun to see what y'all look like.

~
Partially hydrogenated oils

Hana

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 02-16-2017, 04:47 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,206,798 times

No... this one.

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben I'll go with Aksarben but I have no clue.

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably ___chocolate chip_______.

Chicken fried steak, Salisbury steak and veal cutlet.

Yes, it would be a real mix of personalities.

~
Talapia, sushi, and beets.

1. Rest stop ahead
2. 1/2 price steak dinners ahead
3. free automobiles Dealership ahead.

Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 02-16-2017 at 05:11 PM..

Old 02-16-2017, 05:01 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,496,143 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? Yes. Weren't they in comic books?

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? Yes.

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon? Nope.
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is? Doesn't it mean "I'm thinking?"

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon? No.

~ Who could eat more hot dogs: (please vote for one) I have no clue so I'll guess.

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably _Nutter Butter Wafers_________.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Breakfast, Thanksgiving and Christmas

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... Sure as long as it was a "good bunch."

~ Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): Salt and sugar?

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: A clean restroom. a nice restaurant and a big parking lot.

It was a nice day today but it was one of those days when my legs just didn't feel like moving.

I hope everyone who is still working gets off early today (Friday).

Old 02-16-2017, 05:51 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,675,083 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them?yes!

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans?sure!

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon?no
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is?ummm...I dunno..,.i usually use my words

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon?no! Is this a test?

~ Who could eat more hot dogs: (please vote for one)oh boy. Well, I know it's not John cause he doesn't eat those at all. I guess I'll go with Askarben

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably mmmmmm that was a nice trip down memory lane - turns out I've had lots of delicious cookies in my lifetime!

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with:biscuits n gravy, fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey with stuffing and gravy

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not.....as long as we could get away on our own too - yes.

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!):not sure what you mean - I haven't had frozen pizza or burritos in years. Also haven't had hotdogs.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway:budapest

**** Stand outside and grin; think about good things... ****i will tomorrow - thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics