Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 05:57 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,052,164 times

Advertisements

This mutt is a year older today.

~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them?
I use to see the ads. Never really thought they were real

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans?
I have

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon?
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is?
My last two answers were certified by wit-nit's legal defense team to be emoticon free.

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon?
I can if you want me to.

~ Who could eat more hot dogs: (please vote for one)

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

AksarbeN...Gets my vote

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably Still warm just out of the oven chocolate chip

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with:
Turkey
Hamburger steak and mashed potatoes.
Open faced roast beef sandwich

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not.....
Could be fun. I will bring the stinky cheese.

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!):
Most veggies.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway:
Stinky cheese ahead
Veggie free zone

**** Stand outside and grin; think about good things... ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 08:22 PM

44,478 posts, read 20,283,433 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? I don't think I've ever seen an ad for them, and I don't think I've ever seen one.

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? Yes. I had some a few times when I was a kid.

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon? No.

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon? No.

Pat's Cats
El Nina
John13
Animal Crazy
Aksarben << This one.

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably either a really super-great chocolate chip cookie or a snickerdoodle (both homemade, of course).

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Thanksgiving turkey dinner; Christmas turkey dinner; an open-faced sandwich at a diner.

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... I think I'd like to meet everyone before making a decision to spend an entire week with them. However, I suspect I would really enjoy it because there are some fun characters here.

~ Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): Hi-carb stuff like bread, white rice, white pasta; packaged and canned foods which are high in sodium (which is just about all of them); stuff that contains a lot of fat. There are exceptions, of course.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: Clean Restrooms Ahead; Scenic Outlook; Entering Forest.

**** Stand outside and grin; think about good things... **** I will!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-16-2017 at 08:40 PM..

Old 02-16-2017, 08:28 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,463,741 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them?
Saw the ads but didn't wonder about them.

Yes. They are icky. They have restless larva in them, as in, creepy baby bugs.

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon?
I don't use that emoticon. It is annoying and not interesting at all.

Of course not.

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben This one because he is a big strong Husker.

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably snickerdoodles.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with:
Biscuits and gravy
Turkey with gravy
Roast beef with gravy
Did I mention the biscuits............YUMMY!

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not.....
Not any time soon because I don't feel social and would rather read. But I love y'all anyway.

~ Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!):
I'm careful with salt because my doc would yell at me if I'm not.
I'm careful with sugar because my doc would give me the evil eye.
I'm careful with carbs because I would have died by now if not.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway:
Clean bathrooms
We serve biscuits and gravy
Next exit = Texas

Thanks, RR. Have a great weekend.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:52 PM

34,394 posts, read 20,665,602 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? Yes, but never bought them.

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? Yes, we used to buy them from Olvera Street in Los Angeles as a kid.

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon? No.
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is? It is not annoying to me.

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon? No. LOL!

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben Second Place

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably __Just about anything homemade. But store bought I like Chips Ahoy with extra chocolate chips. ________.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... I used to go camping quite a bit. I love to just sit under the pines and maybe cook out some burgers.

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): My motto is you only die once, so I pertty much eat whatever the hell I want. But I no longer care for the super sweet food loaded with sugar.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: Canada. I have always wanted to go up to the Great White North. Hey! Hoser! Get me a beer, eh!

I'm thinking about beer, eh. No beer until tomorrow.

Last edited by _redbird_; 02-16-2017 at 09:04 PM..

Old 02-16-2017, 09:28 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,786,333 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? Seen an advertisement and bought some when the kids were little.

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? Yes.

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably _soft and yummy chocolate chip cookies_________.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Meatloaf with mashed potatoes
Turkey with mashed potatoes and stuffing
Pasta with meatballs, sausage and braciole
Some of us Italians call it gravy while others call it sauce.
~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... It could be but I don't know if I would stick around for a week, especially since I am not one for the camping scene.

~Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): I don't eat hot dogs or much meat of any kind anymore.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: Gas, Restaurants and Hotel up ahead.

**** Stand outside and grin; think about good things... ****[/quote]

Old 02-16-2017, 10:31 PM

3,112 posts, read 1,718,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? Yes, I remember the ads when I was a kid and was always curious about them, but never ordered them.

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? Yes

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon? Nope
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is? I've used it before but only when I thought it really fit.

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon? The right emoticom is not available here .

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably gooey chocolate chip.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Chicken fried steak, hot roast beef sandwich.... those are about the only things I eat gravy with. Don't even put it in my mashed potatoes.

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... Nope. I'm not a "group person".

~ Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): Celery, mushrooms, most canned soups, most sausages...

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: Rest area, food, gas....

Thanks, Roost. TGIF!

Old 02-17-2017, 12:36 AM

39,245 posts, read 23,242,510 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? Yes and I know what they really are (not monkeys but shrimp).

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? Yes and even held some in my hands.

If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is? I like the emoticons but they can get overused, which to me is a bit annoying.

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben <-- After having his cinnamon roll and coffee.

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably SOFT chocolate chip.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Turkey, roast beef and chicken-fried steak.

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... Yes, so we can get to know each other better in the REAL world, away from our computers.

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): The wrappers / boxes /packaging. (Not sure what you're asking.)

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: Gas station, CLEAN restrooms and a restaurant or diner.

HAPPY FRYDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Old 02-17-2017, 12:51 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,464,929 times
Good Morning

~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? Yes, in comic books--I did wonder about them.

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon? Not at all

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

No clue.

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably Poppy Seed Twinks--my own baking.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Salisbury steak, Porcupine Meatballs, Turkey

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... I am sure it would be fun for a weekend. An entire week---I love to travel and do things, but anything after 2-3 nights is too long for me.

~ Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): Not sure I understand the question. I eat healthy--so I am careful to what I buy. No processed food, I only buy my meat from a good Butcher.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: Gas Station, travel center for restrooms. Food wise--I always bring my own stuff.

Wishing you a happy day!

Old 02-17-2017, 04:39 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,880,811 times
~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? Sounds familiar, but I don't know what they are. Wondering....

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? Have

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon? Didn't
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is? Oh, I don't really think about it.

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon? No, rarely use them.

Pat's Cats maybe

El Nina Don't think so

John13 Definitely not

Animal Crazy maybe

Aksarben ....

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably I have to chose one kind of cookie? This is hard. Today I'll say molasses.

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Turkey, left over pot roast with gravy on biscuits, and ..... Can't think of a third.

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... I would and I'd bring my kayak, assuming the cottage was on a lake. I would because as you say, roosty, these are a good bunch of people. If we went today, we could celebrate Mutt's birthday! Stinky cheese and cheap beer for all! Happy Birthday!

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): I don't eat much meat anymore, mostly fish. Oh, and spicy things, I guess. Hotdogs. I don't eat hotdogs. And then there is the dreaded lima beans. If there were such a thing, I'd give my life time supply of lima beans to John.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: Canada... Confederation Bridge.... PEI

**** Stand outside and grin; think about good things... **** I do this five days a week when going out for recess with over one hundred fifth grade kiddos.

Last edited by kpinvt; 02-17-2017 at 04:50 AM..

Old 02-17-2017, 06:12 AM

4,867 posts, read 3,698,778 times
[quote=rainroosty;47219631]~ Did you ever see an advertisement for Sea Monkeys and did you ever wonder about them? No

~ Have you ever seen Mexican Jumping Beans? No

~ Did you just answer the last two questions with that stupid hand in front of the face emoticon? No
If so, it is annoying and not a valid answer. Do you think it is? ahhahaha

~ Did you just answer that last question with that annoying emoticon? no

I don't have any idea

Pat's Cats

El Nina

John13

Animal Crazy

Aksarben

~ Your favorite cookies ever in your life are probably peanut butter

~ 3 meals that you associate 'gravy' with: Biscuits and gravy, chicken fried steak, turkey & dressing

~ Do you think it would be fun to go to a week-long campground cottage place with a good bunch of other folks here in the Fryday Fill-Ins and QOTD threads? Please say why or why not..... Horrors. No.

~
Some things that you mostly eliminate from the foods that you eat (from the market when shopping!): Carbs such as bread, cookies, anything made of wheat, or sugary items. Diabetes sucks.

~ A place or 3 that you hope to see listed on one of the next exit signs, when traveling long distance on a highway: I40W, I70N, I5S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics