Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,167,745 times

Advertisements

Good grief!!! It sound's like the kid is writing the story, and not the parent!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 10:33 PM

40 posts, read 122,845 times
well, misitni, this sounds quite a bit like my neighbors! They started out very friendly, but suddenly their mom died, and they invited their older cousin in his 60s to live with them, and since then, they've hardly talked to us at all! Just dirty hateful looks, they encourage their friends to treat us like dirt too.
They've come over to our yard, near our back door and stood there talking in their PAJAMAS one Saturday morning at 9:30 am last month and I asked the woman to leave, who was standing there in her pajamas for pet's sake (weird) with some big guy I didn't even know!
It was spooky! And when she refused to leave, I pointed out there was no trespassing signs all over the yard and that she WAS trespassing. She's told us never to trespass!
Finally after 15 minutes, she turns to me and says, "Oh, go inside and take your medicine, girl. You're SICK in the head!"
What a rude nasty neighbor that woman is. Now, I cannot stand the SIGHT of them, and hardly even want to go outside when they are home!
It's horrible. and affecting me to the point I'm getting hypertension!
We rent but right now cannot really afford to move, though I'd love to!
Yeah, rude neighbors are the worst to deal with! How would like to have neighbors who NEVER speak to you, unless to insult you?
It's bad. What their deal is, I do not know, but it seems sort of like their elderly cousin has influenced them in a very bad way!
I've been very depressed lately since I live in such a hostile environment, but I think that's normal considering our circumstances.
To make matters worse, the landlord just stuck for them and now is allowing them to come onto OUR property ANY TIME they want, with no notice at all! We signed a lease saying that the Landlord HAS to give us 2 days notice, so what gives the landlord the right to let hateful neighbors come over any time they want to?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:46 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,388,107 times
Hey I live in between two sikos in my opinion. On one side there is an old man who has built a pigeon coop in the backyard. He raises pigeons, rabbits and chickens. He kills them, cleans and eats them too. It always smells like somebody's dead over there then he rents the main house on his property to about a thousand illegals aliens and they park their cars where ever. On the other side there is a seemingly nice family who I suspect is involved in human smuggling- and it is about a million of them coming and going at all hours. I would take unfriendly and rude over these guys any day. I could probably move, but the market is not that good for selling at this point. I could maybe break even or deal... I am going to mine my own business and deal for the time being and see... Hey I am thinking Prince charming could come along or I could win the lotto. R rescue myself!

Old 05-26-2010, 12:33 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,377,005 times
They are probably not allowed by the city to have a basketball hoop on the street, as it is an obstacle in the right-of-way. You can always call Code Enforcement and inquire. After you've explained the situation they'll certainly make them remove it.

There's one family in the other culdesac from ours that has been a real treat for the last 17 years. One son was heavily involved in gangs and has spent time in the hoosegaw. Another son raped a girl, and he spent time in prison. Their father is currently in prison for drug-dealing, and when he's released he will be deported to Mexico (yes, the family are illegals). For years they had these blasted pit-bulls that were always breaking free from their back yard and they were mean. The dog was finally replaced by a chihuaha, and the only male in that house is the youngest boy, who's always strived to be decent, and thus far has succeeded.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 AM

9,895 posts, read 22,127,530 times
The last 2 posts deal with illegals. I once had them for neighbors & it was hell. I moved within one month. NEVER again!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 AM

Bless your heart sun queen.. ROTFLOL. I love your spelling of the terms "sikos"... yeah... I need to print out a bumper sticker... sorry, driving slow, the sikos are driving me mad"
Honestly these neighbors are driving me up a wall! I am starting to feel like I need therapy to deal with ALL the stress they put me thru.
And it's NOT just that they are rude and mean, they are also completely inconsiderate as all get out and have put our safety and our lives at jeopardy several times over.

They had a tree that was leaning at a 45 degree angle on their property only a couple of feet from the utility pole that provides us power to our house. That tree had broken off AT THE BASE, yet had not fallen yet. But if it did, it could of easily fallen down and hit our car in the driveway, gone thru the windows of our kitchen and living room both, and we pointed that out to them.
We also had a tree fall down on their property but it was completely flat on the ground and posing no danger though it had taken down a power line that supplied some old wood shed they had WAY in the back of their property, nowhere NEAR their house, at least a 100 feet from their house and they have a huge yard besides. The tree on our property was taken down within 2 DAYS, but their son started screaming at me cuz it couldn't be cut up immediately.
But my landlord doesn't live close by and the only one who could of cut the tree up sooner was his son-in-law.
Unfortunately that was back last Feb. when they had all those power outages in KY and the SIL worked for the power company and was expected by his co. to go up to KY to help out all those people who were WITHOUT POWER FOR OVER A MONTH!
At the same time, I had to worry and wait for 6 long weeks as the neighbors did NOTHING about the tree that was about to fall down in my yard and possibly on my car & my house! I even sent them a nice polite letter, even including the photo of THAT tree and asked them to call OUR power company. Our power company told us that they could only take down the tree, if the person who OWNED the property it sat on, called them.
THAT, I'm not sure was really legal of them to do so, but it wasn't very ethical, but that's our state for ya.... So many times we are put in danger and NO ONE will do anything about it!
Anyway, I sent off the letter, never heard back from them, tried to call them SEVERAL times, no one would answer the phone, nothing!
Finally my poor landlord's son, had to come and chop down that tree himself and it was a very risky thing for a person to do on his own.
Though the neighbor's son is a fireman, he declared, "I sure wouldn't try taking down that tree" and laughed about, but my landlord's son had to risk HIS life doing so, when the tree was NOT on his property at its base, it was on my neighbor's!
The poor son, had just been badly injured too and had sustained a broken collarbone and broke one of his fingers!
Oh, these are really nice neighbors! Not! It gets worse, believe me.. but this is just a tip of the iceberg of all the garbage I've had to endure from these people, but NOW the landlord is giving the same people carte blanche and their friends to come over on our property ANY TIME they want, with bucket trucks to trim his trees, since the landlord is too cheap to do it himself!

I really believe I'm getting my rights as a tenant violated here. I thought that tenants had a right in most states to peaceful quiet enjoyment to the property they rent.
I DREAD literally many times coming home, and my blood pressure, which used to be quite low and normal is not in the hypertension phase. Twice in the last 6 months I've gone to the doctor, and both times the doctor was concerned at how high it was!
It's like neither the landlord NOR the neighbor cares how much danger they put us in. They are also feeding wild bucks this winter right during mating season and I'd come back from getting my mail or putting out the garbage and see a full grown buck in my yard, with a head full of antlers that could of easily gored me to death!

Last edited by RoyalBeagle; 05-26-2010 at 07:38 AM..

Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 AM

I'm just wondering whom I could contact about this whole situation...... the neighbors, I doubt, have a right to come over to my property ANY TIME they want to... especially given the present situation.. the landlord hardly EVER fixes anything on time, even if it's a safety issue.
Many times we've literally been afraid to go asleep at night b/c he got something that's a fire hazard, loose electrical connection in an electric outlet or overhead light, water flowing down inside walls of house, (one right near the electric switch for the lights) and he won't do anything about for months on end!
At the same time, I'm afraid now to go outside, many times b/c there's so much wildlife that could easily kill me in minutes! And I wonder why I have high blood pressure now! Well, duh, geez.. you think it's a SAFE place to live now Landlord???
Hey we even saw a big black snake RIGHT outside our back porch yesterday morning. Almost went out there and picked it up, thinking it was some cord I use to tie things up with, and it started moving and I realized it was a SNAKE!
Oh, there's products out there that will deter snakes, but I'm SURE the landlord will refuse to pay for it, claiming, "Oh, it's okay, it won't bother you!"
The landlord is a darn fool and also negligent as the day is long. We had a lot of tall grass surrounding our yard he refused to mow for months and I was mowing the front yard this past fall.
I went to mow near one of our big trees and suddenly this snake starts following me! It was like only 2-3 feet away and I'm NOT sure what kind of snake it was... it could have been poisonous, I didn't stop and stare at it, cuz I was frightened for my life.
When I begged the landlord to come over and finally mow the tall grass, all he said to me was, "oh, it's "good" there's snakes in the yard, they'll take care of rodents!"
My word! We HAD no rodents to worry about. I told him I was terrified of snakes but he wouldn't mow that grass for over 2 months!
So we got two really bad situations, well three. a totally negligent landlord, and horrible mean-spirited neighbors who don't mind at all putting our lives in danger! Plus now the stupid landlord has the gaul to give those SAME neighbors the right to come onto our property ANY TIME they want to!
It's an awful situation to have to live in. I want to complain to someone, but don't know who?

Old 05-26-2010, 05:03 PM

23,473 posts, read 29,392,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hey I live in between two sikos in my opinion. On one side there is an old man who has built a pigeon coop in the backyard. He raises pigeons, rabbits and chickens. He kills them, cleans and eats them too. It always smells like somebody's dead over there then he rents the main house on his property to about a thousand illegals aliens and they park their cars where ever. On the other side there is a seemingly nice family who I suspect is involved in human smuggling- and it is about a million of them coming and going at all hours. I would take unfriendly and rude over these guys any day. I could probably move, but the market is not that good for selling at this point. I could maybe break even or deal... I am going to mine my own business and deal for the time being and see... Hey I am thinking Prince charming could come along or I could win the lotto. R rescue myself!
This is nothing less than a horror story!

I'm willing to bet if you ever get out of that place alive and sane, your next abode will be in a tightly controlled HOA community.

I live in a HOA townhouse community, and yes, they can be picky (a recent violation for having tin foil on my south windows) but what are the alternatives to peace, quiet and sanity?

Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 PM

14,108 posts, read 2,789,020 times
No matter where you go your going to find someone or something you don't like.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:04 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,532,339 times
When I moved in with my grandma last year, some of her neighbors were already mean to her. She's totally normal, and nice, and sweet and the only reason they acted like that towards her was cause neighbors on both sides of the house (we're on a corner) tried to claim their property onto hers and they were wrong and she wouldn't let em use it. They still mow onto our lawn, cut our grass and flowers, walk all over it and even tried to dig it up recently (for some lawn project) and act like it's theirs. When I moved in they were mad and gave her crap cause I was pretty much the only "kid" in the area (I was 18) and they assumed I'd be some huge interference to their way of life. As if it was even their business that I moved in. Their all friends, like the whole street, and they encourage others who are kinda indifferent to snub us too. They do childish things like put their trash on our lawn, their leaves, snow, complain about and threaten my cats. The whole neighborhood is against just us and grandma doesn't even care, she just ignores em all. Some of em are just stupid too, like the neighbors across the street are jealous of her gardens, which she takes really good care of, she loves em. Anyway, all those geezers and hags made the wrong enemy. Grandma might be able to ignore em, but I won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics