Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 04:56 AM

161 posts, read 418,053 times

Advertisements

it seems like it to me.
i try and be polite- i really do, but i see so many that are ugly speaking to the elderly or hateful to little ones , like - are they are deep down mean inside??
why is this do you think?
wouldnt life be so much nicer if people would just treat others with respect?

and kids!! wow!
if i spoke to people like they do now a days, id get a whoopin when i got back home.
we were taught how to behave. doesnt parents teach their kids politeness anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 06:19 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,591,613 times
People are in a rush. But, rudeness is everlasting. I don't think folks today are any ruder than they ever have been. Remember the positive and forgive the negative and go on with your day.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
are people more ruder now a days?
Just a note, that's a redundant phrase "more" and "ruder" don't belong in the same sentence. More rude, or just ruder should have sufficed.

In some ways, I'd say yes, that's a true statement. Luckily, the majority of people are still polite, it's only a few that are rude, and they often let their anger out with very agressive behavior.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:03 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
A bad mood causes rudeness and spreads to everyone like wildfire..An understanding smile is a quick extinguisher

Old 02-23-2008, 11:51 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I like to put knots on rude people's heads. Big enough to pitch off of. Makes them think twice about being rude.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:32 AM

161 posts, read 418,053 times
thank you.
i really did know that about'' more ruder''- but i was only on my first cuppa coffie then...

Old 02-24-2008, 05:57 AM

221 posts, read 600,189 times
Default Rudeness

Absolutely, I do believe people are rude to an extreme these days. My son was taught to say "yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir" and people look at him when he STILL says it at 31 like he's a total fool. I was about knocked down in the store the other day when I was standing in line to pay. This teenage girl dressed like a tramp just decides the shortcut to where she was going was to walk in front of me and bump into me in the process. After all, it was the closest from point A to point B. Why shouldn't she just walk in front of me and get so close that she bumps into my arms which were full of items? Not to mention when the roll of paper towels I was holding fell to the floor when she bumped into me, who in the world would expect her to say "excuse me" or even bend over to pick them up for me? But then again, had she done that she might have split open those hip tight hugger jeans she had plastered to her overweight body. Yes, they are rude to an extreme these days. I like to think positive and give people the benefit of the doubt the majority of the time, but this is reality. It comes with the "instant gratification" syndrome so many have these days and the feeling that everything is about ME ME ME. There is no time for politeness for some. As for me, I make time.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:31 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Teach a child to be polite and courteous and he'll never be able to merge onto the freeway. That's a funny statement. The truth is, I'm afraid of driving in heavy traffic. People get aggressive when they are behind the wheel. Road rage is the most obvious sign of rudeness.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:48 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
it seems like it to me.
i try and be polite- i really do, but i see so many that are ugly speaking to the elderly or hateful to little ones , like - are they are deep down mean inside??
why is this do you think?...I believe this is caused by so many people becoming frustrated with the world as it is today...happy people are not rude.
wouldnt life be so much nicer if people would just treat others with respect?...Yes it would, in a perfect world

and kids!! wow!
if i spoke to people like they do now a days, id get a whoopin when i got back home....Here in The Carolinas best the kids be polite or a "whoopin" isn't the worst thing they will get...they get grounded as well
we were taught how to behave. doesnt parents teach their kids politeness anymore?
...and some even take their acidic attitudes into forums too...but I believe it is all up to how parents raise their young uns...that simple

Old 02-24-2008, 09:30 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,041 times
My theory is kill them with kindness..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics