Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 11:23 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,862,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Been MIA lately here. .just so much going on!!! But being busy is a good thing. ..I think! Here we go!

1. Little _Joe_

2. Last gift card you used?

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty?

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

5. If you get a voice message that is obviously a wrong number, do you call back as a courtesy to let them know or just forget it?
Sometimes, sometimes not.

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with?

7. When you crack and use eggs do you leave the shells in the carton or throw them out?

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild?
My neighbors raised three of their grandsons, they're all grown now & come back to visit them often.

9. _Toy_ Box

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID?
Who, ?me?... come to think of it, I believe that may have happened at a number of slumber parties in my preteen years... we thought we were so

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage?
Believe that's a personal decision that only the two involved can make.

12. Are you allergic to cats?

13. _Azalea_ City

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana?

Dessert of the Day- last days of summer treat! !
Butterscotch Brickle Pudding Pops | Midwest Living

Still in the 90s here but cool at night and during the morning so I'll take that!!! Hope all is well with everyone...good week and bright thoughts to all!!
Thanks Linda, good job on Tuesday's QotD!

Enjoy your day all!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 11:31 PM

6,903 posts, read 7,693,660 times
1. Little____Lulu_________

2. Last gift card you used? From the local feed/hardware/everythingyoueverneed store.

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty? Bo was a ditz for losing her sheep, but at least she didn't die! Mother Goose rhymes were supposedly originally political satires, so I wonder who these characters were based on?

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? We had a "beautiful lady" mask that my sister and I both wore for years, with whatever of the clothes in our "dress up" box that struck our fancy. Wow, I had forgotten about that box until just this minute! We had some great clothes in that box. For some reason our neighbor cut up her beautiful rhinestone studded fancy dresses from the 20s and 30s and gave the pieces to her grandkids and us. Our mother put some of her 40s negligees in the box too. I still remember a beautiful blue gown with tan lace that we would wear with some silver high heels.

5. If you get a voice message that is obviously a wrong number, do you call back as a courtesy to let them know or just forget it?

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with?

7. When you crack and use eggs do you leave the shells in the carton or throw them out? Compost them (which really means the raccoons and possums and skunks eat them.)

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild? Several.

9. __Dress Up _____ Box

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID? Of course!

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage? It's complicated. In some ways it's a good idea, but in some ways it's a bad idea. If it's done it should only be short term, IMHO.

12. Are you allergic to cats? And you can't come visit me if you are.

13. __Atlantic_______ City

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana? Yes. I'm not a big fan of bananas, but almost everything is better covered in chocolate!

Thanks Linda!

Old 09-12-2016, 11:46 PM

39,242 posts, read 23,235,816 times
Landed on my second-favorite QOTD slot.

1. Little Rock

2. Last gift card you used? Either Target or Starbucks---I forget.

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty? Humpty Dumpty.

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? Sailor.

5. If you get a voice message that is obviously a wrong number, do you call back as a courtesy to let them know or just forget it? I just forget about it.

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with? Sometimes.

7. When you crack and use eggs do you leave the shells in the carton or throw them out? I throw them out.

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild? Not currently.

9. Match Box

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID? No.

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage? No.

12. Are you allergic to cats? Only Siamese cats---and they're my favorite breed of cat.

13. Carson City

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana? I have. Yummy!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 09-12-2016, 11:49 PM

37,870 posts, read 41,287,644 times
Been MIA lately here. .just so much going on!!! But being busy is a good thing. ..I think! Here we go!

1. Little Big Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2gK1mLbJKE

2. Last gift card you used?

Two Christmases ago. Amazon.

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty?

Humpty

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

Drawing a blank.

I did it once when I got a call for a woman from some Sheriff's Office in Texas. They said her full name and case number so it sounded like a call she really needed to get.

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with? no

7. When you crack and use eggs do you leave the shells in the carton or throw them out?

I don't buy eggs.

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild? No

9. Jack in The Box

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID? No.

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage? No.

12. Are you allergic to cats? Only if I touch them and then bring my hand near my eyes

13. Bright Lights, Big City

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana?

No, but you can't go wrong with chocolate or bananas.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:01 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,332,416 times
[quote=linda814;45462374]
1. Little_itty-bitty (whatever)____________

2. Last gift card you used? Nothing comes floating to mind........

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty? Humpty Dumpty, he's someone I can easily identify with.

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? I think a sheet with two holes for the eyes, the generic, uninspired ghost costume, but I liked the fact that no one knew who you were.

I only check my phone about once a month, there would be no point I don't think in calling back...but then I don't remember that any of the calls were for someone else.

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with? Yes, they have sooooooooo many uses.

I don't use eggs.

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild?

An old high school friend of mine raised one of her grandsons. She felt that her son and his wife had such a stormy, self-indulgent marriage that their child was doomed if the remained in their care. They were quite happy to get rid of him, and from what I hear he has turned out to be a well-balanced, grateful young man. She and her husband are quite old and infirm, and retired to Florida. This fellow moved down near them and they see him often.

9. __Jack in the______ Box

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID?

A cousin, whom I infrequently visited. We did it on two or three visits.

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage? Sure, I think of it as a test drive for both people.

Had my parents done it, they never would have married I don't think. On the other hand, would they have chosen more suitable partners? They only knew each other six weeks and then got married secretly, and each married a partner their family found of unsuitable background...Surprise, surprise? No, both of them were happy to spite their surviving parent. Unfortunately, after the "gotcha" moment they had the rest of their lives to live together. I am still surprised to this day that my father did not physically abuse my mother given the constant anger she provoked in him.

I would like to think that such mismatched people would pull the plug after a week of living together, but I really wonder. Our heads are filled with so much fairy tale romanticism about couple relationships that most of us seem to feel obliged to use it to erase unpleasant realities as if they were untrue. Go no farther than the relationships forum here for a constant stream of examples.

12. Are you allergic to cats? No, except to the one who thought he was my psychiatrist. There is nothing so irritating as an overly solicitous, know-it-all cat going eyeball to eyeball with you at close range.

13. __Bright Lights, Big_______ City

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana? No. It sounds like it should be one the the seven deadly sins though

Still in the 90s here but cool at night and during the morning so I'll take that!!! Hope all is well with everyone...good week and bright thoughts to all!!

And I have cancelled my morning walk because it began to rain when I got up at 5:00. This is a godsend - months without rain, and the last two weeks with wild fires out of control everywhere. And it was a nice steady gentle soak for about two hours, so it will really sink into the soil. This is great because I live in an arid zone, and when autumn comes with its showers and lower temps the countryside experiences a second spring.

And just now in the cafe where I had my morning coffee, the waitress ran her fingers down my shirtsleeve and said, "Ah yes, the first day for flannel."

Last edited by kevxu; 09-13-2016 at 02:23 AM..

Old 09-13-2016, 03:21 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,266,341 times
bit helps
amazon

Old 09-13-2016, 05:06 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,879,076 times
1. Little League

2. Last gift card you used? To a local cafe. Our Parents' Association usually gives us gift cards during Teacher Appreciation Week.

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty? Bo Peep...... Don't care for scrambled eggs much.

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? We usually just grabbed things from around the house to wear, not really trying to be anything/anyone specific. I liked dressing up the year we had a Norwegian student living with us... Mostly because she did my hair like she wore hers.

5. If you get a voice message that is obviously a wrong number, do you call back as a courtesy to let them know or just forget it? Call back

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with? Do!

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild? Working in an elementary school, I know several. The kids are lucky to have their grandparents.

9. DropBox

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID? Did.

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage? Yes

12. Are you allergic to cats? Am not, happily!

13. We built this City

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana? Would like to, but haven't.

Still in the 90s here but cool at night and during the morning so I'll take that!!! Hope all is well with everyone...good week and bright thoughts to all!! Chilly start to our day here, 41 F. Predicted to warm up to 80F. Thanks, Linda! Enjoy your day, all!

Old 09-13-2016, 05:11 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
1. Little Voice - good movie with Michael Caine

2. Last gift card you used? i have a generous one I need to use! It's Amex

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty? HD for today - but I'd love some lamb

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? robot - best friends brother made it from cardboard and a heavy D-cell batteries. At our age it was like carrying a car battery around all night lol. So much fun lighting up and helping construct them though.

5. If you get a voice message that is obviously a wrong number, do you call back as a courtesy to let them know or just forget it? have done but less so now. If it's an elderly sounding person I do.

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with? have done

7. When you crack and use eggs do you leave the shells in the carton or throw them out? if it's the end of the carton I use it

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild? yes

9. _dont_ Box me in

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID? who? Me?

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage? yes

12. Are you allergic to cats? no

13. talkin bout the boy from New York City

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana? yes didn't like it as much as I thought I would

Thank you!

Old 09-13-2016, 05:21 AM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times

1. Little Lullaby

2. Last gift card you used? I never owned a gift card

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty? Humpty Dumpty

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? I never heard about Halloween until I immigrated to Canada so long ago

5. If you get a voice message that is obviously a wrong number, do you call back as a courtesy to let them know or just forget it? Don't bother

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with? Yes one is in the car,one for removing dirt from boots and one spare old one

7. When you crack and use eggs do you leave the shells in the carton or throw them out? I put them in my food bin under the sink

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild? Nope

9. Blue Box

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID? Never did that

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage? Traditions have changed,so these days I would say yes

12. Are you allergic to cats? Long haired cats

13. Vatican City

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana? Never

Thank you linda and have a good Tuesday everyone

Old 09-13-2016, 05:39 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,979,902 times
1. Little___things that make you think__________

2. Last gift card you used? It was for yarn. They are always for yarn.

3. Bo Peep or Humpty Dumpty?Neither

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? When me and a bunch of friends dressed up as the Jackson 5. Yep 5 white kids all dressed as the Jackson 5. Hey we were in like 2nd grade. We thought we were cool.

5. If you get a voice message that is obviously a wrong number, do you call back as a courtesy to let them know or just forget it?No

6. Do you keep old toothbrushes to clean things with?no

7. When you crack and use eggs do you leave the shells in the carton or throw them out?crush them up and use them in the garden soil

8. Do you know anyone raising a grandchild?no

9. ____Juke____ Box

10. Did you ever hang out with friends when younger making prank phone calls before the dawn of caller ID?Of course.

11. Yes or No....living together before marriage? sure why not

12. Are you allergic to cats?not until recently. Did you know that it's not the fur of the animal that people are allergic to, but the salivat on their fur from when they lick themselves.

13. _____Drop____ City by T.C Boyle

14. Have you ever had a chocolate covered frozen banana?yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics