Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 06:55 AM

2,293 posts, read 1,441,669 times

Advertisements

~ What are a few of your favorite fruits?

Pineapple, watermelon, mango, cherries, oranges, etc.

~ Even if you are not artistically talented...we will all each paint a picture on our canvas and easel.

What will you try to paint? (We've got about 4 hours to do it.)

A humorous portrait of a character that I have created.

~ Fill the pie crust with something very different:

Eggplant.

~ We are all going to participate in a Downhill Market Race. It is a race where we all choose whatever item we wish from the food market. Then we shove 2 little metal axles through it and attach 4 toy race car wheels.

What food market item will your race car be? (We're going to let them all roll down a 200 foot wooden ramp.)

A carrot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Score the highest to win: count your points for each item(only count one of each) you have and then total them all:

Any kind of paint brush...15 points <---

A paint 'stir stick'...15 points <---

A scrub pad at your sink...5 points <---

A colander....5 points <--- A spaghetti strainer?

A door mat....15 points <---

A thermometer...15 points

Butter in the 'stick' form....20 points

A radio...5 points <---

A battery operated clock...15 points <---

A kitchen/cooking apron...35 points

Total Score: 75

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ What did you last apply water to outdoors?

I squirted my cat with a water gun to keep her from going over the fence. This is a regular thing.

~ What comic books did you most like when you were younger?

I was never into comic books, but comic book art (like Marvel and DC) is one of my favorite types of art.

~ Something yummy that you ate during this past week:

I made spinach and chicken enchiladas with a grilled corn salsa on the side and it was all really good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 07:03 AM

44,434 posts, read 20,202,488 times
~ What have you ever 'gone looking for'...out there in nature? Beautiful wildflowers and wildlife to photograph. When I was a kid I'd look for frogs, crayfish and snakes.

~ What are a few of your favorite fruits? Orange, nectarine, pineapple, most berries.

~ Even if you are not artistically talented...we will all each paint a picture on our canvas and easel. What will you try to paint? (We've got about 4 hours to do it.) A forest.

~ Fill the pie crust with something very different: Hmmmm. Let's see. How about sliced peaches mixed with blueberries? I should try that sometime!

~ We are all going to participate in a Downhill Market Race. It is a race where we all choose whatever item we wish from the food market. Then we shove 2 little metal axles through it and attach 4 toy race car wheels.

What food market item will your race car be? (We're going to let them all roll down a 200 foot wooden ramp.) A huge beef roast. That would look pretty comical rolling down a ramp!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Score the highest to win: count your points for each item(only count one of each) you have and then total them all:

Any kind of paint brush...15 points 15

A paint 'stir stick'...15 points 15

A scrub pad at your sink...5 points 0

A colander....5 points 5

A door mat....15 points 15

A thermometer...15 points 15

Butter in the 'stick' form....20 points 15

A radio...5 points 5

A battery operated clock...15 points 15

A kitchen/cooking apron...35 points 15

Total Score: 115

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ What did you last apply water to outdoors? My bird bath.

~ What comic books did you most like when you were younger? I never bought a comic book. The closest I came to one was Mad magazine. I did see some friends' Archie comic books when I was a kid, and they were fun to read, so I guess that would be my favorite.

~ Something yummy that you ate during this past week: Sautéed shrimp and broccoli, for supper last night.

**** Okeedokee, everybody...have a very cool Fryday and don't forget to....get yourself something fun and different to eat! **** Hip-hop-happy Fryday, everybody! Yay!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-29-2016 at 07:17 AM..

Old 07-29-2016, 07:59 AM

36,537 posts, read 16,118,422 times
~ What have you ever 'gone looking for'...out there in nature? Oh Deer, fire flys, mushrooms.

~ What are a few of your favorite fruits? I like bananas, strawberries.

~ Even if you are not artistically talented...we will all each paint a picture on our canvas and easel.

What will you try to paint? (We've got about 4 hours to do it.) I'm going to paint a Starry Night!

~ Fill the pie crust with something very different: Like what? Onions?

What food market item will your race car be? (We're going to let them all roll down a 200 foot wooden ramp.)
Watermelon

Any kind of paint brush...15 points

A paint 'stir stick'...15 points

A scrub pad at your sink...5 points

A colander....5 points

A door mat....15 points

A radio...5 points

A battery operated clock...15 points

Total Score: 105

~ What did you last apply water to outdoors? Porch plants

~ What comic books did you most like when you were younger? Archie

~ Something yummy that you ate during this past week: Quesadilla explosion salad at Chilis

**** Okeedokee, everybody...have a very cool Fryday and don't forget to....get yourself something fun and different to eat! ****

Old 07-29-2016, 08:35 AM

39,139 posts, read 23,122,777 times
~ What have you ever 'gone looking for'...out there in nature? Deer, squirrels.

~ What are a few of your favorite fruits? Apples, oranges, strawberries and bananas.

What will you try to paint? (We've got about 4 hours to do it.) A basket of fruit.

~ Fill the pie crust with something very different: Savory meat.

What food market item will your race car be? (We're going to let them all roll down a 200 foot wooden ramp.) Cantaloupe.

A colander....5 points

A door mat....15 points

A radio...5 points

Total Score: 65

~ What did you last apply water to outdoors? Lawn.

~ What comic books did you most like when you were younger? Superman, Fantastic 4, Archies and Peanuts.

~ Something yummy that you ate during this past week: Chocolate malt ball crunch ice cream.

HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Old 07-29-2016, 08:42 AM

4,051 posts, read 2,923,434 times
~ What have you ever 'gone looking for'...out there in nature? Back in New Zealand we used to go mushrooming and looking for wild blackberries.

~ What are a few of your favorite fruits? I think the only fruit I don't like are tree tomatoes and blueberries.

~ Even if you are not artistically talented...we will all each paint a picture on our canvas and easel. What will you try to paint? (We've got about 4 hours to do it.) My favorite right now (I take watercolor painting classes) is painting portraits, so I'll paint one of you Mr. Roosty. It'll have to be impressionistic though, since I don't have a photo.

~ Fill the pie crust with something very different: Peaches and pineapple.

What food market item will your race car be? (We're going to let them all roll down a 200 foot wooden ramp.) A big, fat, flat-bottomed pumpkin!

A colander....5 points

A door mat....15 points

A radio...5 points

Total Score: 95

~ What did you last apply water to outdoors? My outdoor plants.

~ What comic books did you most like when you were younger? Can't remember!

~ Something yummy that you ate during this past week: A ham and tomato sandwich on cheese and jalapeno bread!

Old 07-29-2016, 08:56 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,415,624 times
~ What have you ever 'gone looking for'...out there in nature?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26t6VqLvC7E

Tomatoes, apples, grapes.

Trees.

bacon and eggs.

Pumpkins.

A colander....5 points

A door mat....15 points

A radio...5 points

Total Score: Say what?????

Grass.

Little Lulu.
Roasted pumpkin seeds.

**** Okeedokee, everybody...have a very cool Fryday and don't forget to....get yourself something fun and different to eat! ****
Thanks, RR. Have a great weekend.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:08 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,946,902 times
~ What have you ever 'gone looking for'...out there in nature? - A place to pee?

~ What are a few of your favorite fruits? - Something that's on sale?

What will you try to paint? (We've got about 4 hours to do it.) - Hmm.. My truck?

~ What did you last apply water to outdoors? - My mouth.. My mom told me that I got a potty mouth.. and told me to wash it..

~ What comic books did you most like when you were younger? - Hmm.. I think it was the one that had pretty women in it.. Oh wait.. that wasn't a comic book..

~ Something yummy that you ate during this past week: - Can't remember what I ate last night, let alone a week ago...

Thanks Rainroosty, everyone have a fun Last Fryday of July..

Old 07-29-2016, 09:13 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,032,926 times
A real peaceful place. Must have a fast moving creek and lots of trees.

Bananas, wild strawberries, plums, wild blueberries, seedless grapes

I won't do it and you can't make me

How about I just slap the paintbrush along the sides of the teachers car. I promise to use several colors.

Lamb kidneys, potatoes, onions, and mushrooms in a thick gravy

The biggest block of double cream gouda

Any kind of paint brush...15 points Kind of looks like my kitchen scrub brush

A paint 'stir stick'...15 points Don't let the fact it looks like a branch from a small tree fool you

A scrub pad at your sink...5 points Will have to rinse the paint out

A colander....5 points Holding the pan lid against the pan usually works

A door mat....15 points Looks like a hotel bath mat but it isn't. Honest, I did not swipe a bath mat

A thermometer...15 points Do you have any idea how hard it was getting the time and temp sign off the top of the bank?

Butter in the 'stick' form....20 points I have some that is "sticking" to a slice of bread as we speak.

A radio...5 points It is hiding in the dash of the Jeep

A battery operated clock...15 points See Jeep

A kitchen/cooking apron...35 points It also doubles as a work shirt. Or is it the work shirt doubles as a apron? I am soooo confused

Total Score: Why I have a perfect score of whatever everything adds up to. What do you mean I have been disqualified? You say I have cheated. Oh whatever.

The weed patch that I call my lawn.

Andy Capp, Wizard of Id, Archie's, BC

Need to wait a few more hours before I answer this question. Am having some really yummy cheese dip and crackers.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:05 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,109,176 times
Frogs and toads.

Peaches, lemons, limes, grapefruit, cantalopes, etc.

Flower gardens.

A large baking potato.

20 or so.
A colander....5 points
A door mat....15 points
A radio...5 points
4 or 5
3 or 4
Total Score:

Potted plants.

Fantastic Four, Flash, Green Lantern.

Steak dinner at Texas Roadhouse.

Thanks Roosty! Same to you!

Old 07-29-2016, 10:41 AM
bjh

60,378 posts, read 30,573,114 times
~ What have you ever 'gone looking for'...out there in nature? Sasquatch

~ What are a few of your favorite fruits? Oranges, watermelon, grapes, lemons, limes, cherries, tomatoes, kiwi.

What will you try to paint? (We've got about 4 hours to do it.) Happy trees.

~ Fill the pie crust with something very different: 4 and 20 blackbirds

What food market item will your race car be? (We're going to let them all roll down a 200 foot wooden ramp.) Beer keg. We'll have to weld the axles.

Total Score: 110, all but the apron

~ What did you last apply water to outdoors? Grass.

~ What comic books did you most like when you were younger? Never really got into comic books, but remember the usual superheroes and Archie.

~ Something yummy that you ate during this past week: A chocolate muffin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics