Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 02:35 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,248,473 times

Advertisements

~ Where you shop for groceries....

What is very good about it?

What is not good about it?

What would you change about it, if you could?

~ You have just received a brand new Crock*Pot (slow cooker). What will you put in it to try and make your first Crock*Pot creation?

~ A good bean:

~A crappy bean:

~ The last thing that you stirred was:

~ 'I have a very hard time trying to concentrate when':

~ Name 3 states that you think it would be nice to live out in the boonies in:

~ Free bottle of cooking/salad oil for you today! What kind would you like?

~ You have to eat your greens or you can't leave the table! What kind of greens will you eat?

~ Two frozen foods that you would eat:

~ What have you ever bought from a 'food truck'?

~ You are writing a poem/song of sorts...what word will you choose that sort of rhymes with "elephants"?

**** Okay, dear people...have a very nice Fryday and remember to eat well this weekend or whenever you can! **** The cooler days of autumn will be here soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 03:17 AM

21,745 posts, read 8,880,895 times
Trader Joe's
Friendly people, bargains on interesting food items, good quality, very reasonable wine prices. It's fun to shop there because you never know what you'll find.

It's a quirky food retailer, not a full service grocery store with a wide selection of merchandise. So don't look for common items like Tide, zip lock bags, Tylenol, styling mousse or cling wrap.

Some products come and go, so you try something new, love it and go back for more only to find they've stopped carrying it.

And it can be insanely busy with long lines at the cash register.

I wish they still sold King Arthur flour and Hansen's Diet Cola

~ You have just received a brand new Crock*Pot (slow cooker). What will you put in it to try and make your first Crock*Pot creation?
I have absolutely no clue! When I owned a crock pot years ago, I had no luck with it and ended up giving it to my mother. The meat would cook, but the vegetables would still be rock-hard.

~ A good bean:
Cannellini

~A crappy bean:
No such thing! I love all beans.

Espresso

Long-winded people are taking forever to get to the point.

California
Oregon
Hawaii

Cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil

~ You have to eat your greens or you can't leave the table! What kind of greens will you eat?
Just about anything you can name, but I'm not a big fan of kale, chicory or mustard greens.

Amy's frozen vegetarian pot pies (any variety)
Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken

Nothing recently, but I saw a very entertaining movie called Chef about a restaurant cook who loses his job but then buys a food truck and creates a sensation with his Cuban sandwiches.

~ You are writing a poem/song of sorts...what word will you choose that sort of rhymes with "elephants"?
"Why, I'd wrap him up in cellaphant!" -- Bert Lahr as The Cowardly Lion

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 07-22-2016, 03:21 AM

34,394 posts, read 20,665,602 times

What is very good about it? We use thee different places. The primary one is a tribal owned grocery store. Rather give our money to them than walmart.

What is not good about it? It's an hour away.

What would you change about it, if you could? Nothing. They have a frybread store next to it!

~ You have just received a brand new Crock*Pot (slow cooker). What will you put in it to try and make your first Crock*Pot creation? Meat. A great big hunk of meat.

~ A good bean: Pinto

~A crappy bean: Surely you jest!

~ The last thing that you stirred was: Mac n cheese

~ 'I have a very hard time trying to concentrate when': I am unable to sleep.

~ Name 3 states that you think it would be nice to live out in the boonies in: I'll stay put. Just closer to middle of state.

~ Free bottle of cooking/salad oil for you today! What kind would you like? EV Olive oil.

~ You have to eat your greens or you can't leave the table! What kind of greens will you eat? I will sit here for awhile. I don't like greens. But if I HAD to, I would say some spinach with a dash of vinegar.

~ Two frozen foods that you would eat: Large pan of Stouffers chicken enchiladas and large pan of chicken and rice.

~ What have you ever bought from a 'food truck'? Dos tacos de carnitas.

~ You are writing a poem/song of sorts...what word will you choose that sort of rhymes with "elephants"? in your pants.

**** Okay, dear people...have a very nice Fryday and remember to eat well this weekend or whenever you can! **** The cooler days of autumn will be here soon!

I love fall. We are sweltering here in Oklahoma.

Last edited by _redbird_; 07-22-2016 at 03:31 AM..

Old 07-22-2016, 04:02 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times
Where you shop for groceries.... My regular, on my way home grocery store is Giant--but I love when I can get to Wegman's or Trader Joe's.

What is very good about it? Giant--good Customer Service. Wegman's-has everything you could possible want along with great Customer Service. Trader Joe's--hipster, love trying their little samples meals they have in the back in the store along with their sample coffee (their k-cups are the only ones I use now). I love googling "best things to buy at Trader Joe's--they have quite a following.

What is not good about it? They just replaced our old Giant with a new huge Giant--it is just too big now, and the dim lighting I do not care for. Wegman's and Trader Joe's is not convenient for me to get to--both out of the way for me.

What would you change about it, if you could? Giant--go back to the smaller store and the bright lighting. TJ's and Wegman's--build one that is on my way home from work! And for TJ's--would be great if the liquor laws changed in my state for them to carry their wine.

~ You have just received a brand new Crock*Pot (slow cooker). What will you put in it to try and make your first Crock*Pot creation? Pork Roast with some potatoes and carrots.

~ A good bean: sting bean

~A crappy bean: lima bean

~ The last thing that you stirred was: my cream in my morning coffee

~ 'I have a very hard time trying to concentrate when': it is noisy

~ Name 3 states that you think it would be nice to live out in the boonies in: Maryland, Colorado, New York

~ Free bottle of cooking/salad oil for you today! What kind would you like? A good olive oil

~ You have to eat your greens or you can't leave the table! What kind of greens will you eat? Brussel sprouts, asparagus---those other kind of greens like collards and kale--no thanks.

~ Two frozen foods that you would eat: Trader Joe's "Hold the Cone", mini ice cream cones and their organic frozen corn kernels.

~ What have you ever bought from a 'food truck'? Yes, I have yet to be impressed.

~ You are writing a poem/song of sorts...what word will you choose that sort of rhymes with "elephants"? eloquent

Wishing you a fantastic Friday!

Old 07-22-2016, 04:02 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,268,795 times
don't know
chili
-
coffee
there is a lot of noise
Hawaii, Alaska, texas
olive
leafy
bacon, fish
lunch
in the tent

Old 07-22-2016, 04:19 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,550,647 times
[quote=rainroosty;44848243]~ Where you shop for groceries....

What is very good about it? It is clean

What is not good about it? It lacks low fat cheeses of any kind…but that is the whole town and all the grocery stores

What would you change about it, if you could? Add low fat cheeses

~ You have just received a brand new Crock*Pot (slow cooker). What will you put in it to try and make your first Crock*Pot creation? I am using it today to make a version of Salsa Chicken. Throw some chicken in, a jar of salsa, a packet of taco mix, cut up celery, onions, green peppers, carrots, and a can of black beans. Cook for short time and shred up chicken when done. Use as filling for tacos and burritos….yum.

~ A good bean: Yum…I love beans. Black beans and green beans are my favorites.

~A crappy bean: pinto

~ The last thing that you stirred was: sugar and hot water for my hummingbirds

~ 'I have a very hard time trying to concentrate when': when I am tired

~ Name 3 states that you think it would be nice to live out in the boonies in: Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina

~ Free bottle of cooking/salad oil for you today! What kind would you like? Olive oil

~ You have to eat your greens or you can't leave the table! What kind of greens will you eat? Any

~ Two frozen foods that you would eat: Ice cream and spinach but not together

~ What have you ever bought from a 'food truck'? No

deviant/miscreant. Hmm….those are kind of mean to do to elephants

Old 07-22-2016, 04:25 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,880,811 times
~ Where you shop for groceries.... I shop at four stores, getting in the habit when shopping for my mother who insisted that certain things be bought at certain stores.

What is very good about it? One has produce from local farms.

What is not good about it? Shopping at four stores about an hours drive from my house. It's a once a month trip.

What would you change about it, if you could? I COULD just not shop at all four stores, but I've turned into my mother. (Ahhh!) I wish one store would carry everything I want & have good prices.

~ You have just received a brand new Crock*Pot (slow cooker). What will you put in it to try and make your first Crock*Pot creation? Squash & apple soup

~ A good bean: Green beans picked fresh from the garden

~A crappy bean: Lima beans without question! Blech!

~ The last thing that you stirred was: A rue when making mac & cheese for the kiddos.

~ 'I have a very hard time trying to concentrate when': There's a lot going on around me..... easily distracted.

~ Name 3 states that you think it would be nice to live out in the boonies in: Vermont of course... I live in the boonies in Vermont. Maine & Virginia

~ Free bottle of cooking/salad oil for you today! What kind would you like? Extra Virgin Olive Oil

~ You have to eat your greens or you can't leave the table! What kind of greens will you eat? Broccoli would be first choice...... or fresh peas from the garden.

~ Two frozen foods that you would eat: Gelato or sorbet

~ What have you ever bought from a 'food truck'? Homemade pumpkin bisque from a food truck at a craft fair on the green.

~ You are writing a poem/song of sorts...what word will you choose that sort of rhymes with "elephants"? *Elegant*

**** Okay, dear people...have a very nice Fryday and remember to eat well this weekend or whenever you can! **** The cooler days of autumn will be here soon! Noooooo! I'm still enjoying summer!
Second & hopefully last day in court today. Finally it will be over.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:40 AM

37,871 posts, read 41,298,274 times

I know where things are.

I can't reach anything except the first item on a top shelf so even if I want 2 or more of those items, I only get one.

Only things I don't eat/use would be on the top shelf.

Beats me. I never had one.

~ A good bean: String beans

~A crappy bean: LIMA!

A red Icee with a straw.

I'm congested.

Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky

light olive oil

Chopped spinach or broccoli

Chocolate ice cream and either one of the two in the previous question (not at the same time)

Too long ago to remember. Has to be like 1972.

Malevolence.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:51 AM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times
~ Where you shop for groceries.... - Usually not at commercial stores. I like the Greenbelt CO-OP or Mom's Organic Market in the next city over - College Park. Both are awesome.

What is very good about it? - Both are unique, clean, and free of those self-service checkout lines.
They are staffed by real people who need jobs.

What is not good about it? - N/A

What would you change about it, if you could? - Longer hours at the CO-OP's food bar. They only have lunch hours and IMO keep their food out about 2-3 hours too long. I rarely purchase from that department but I would if that and other changes were made.

A few employees at MOM's Organic Market seem to have bad attitudes. It didn't used to be that way.

~ You have just received a brand new Crock*Pot (slow cooker). What will you put in it to try and make your first Crock*Pot creation? - N/A. I would give it away. I cook for one person and it's extremely rare I ever have leftovers.

~ A good bean: - Lima, Hi KP!

~A crappy bean: - - Hmmmm. Okay, spicy black.

~ The last thing that you stirred was: - - Sauteed mushrooms and garlic - 2 days ago.
Oh, brown sugar and raisins in my oatmeal yesterday morning.

~ 'I have a very hard time trying to concentrate when': it's too hot.

My job has inadequate A/C when it gets real hot due to it's building design. There are plans to fix in the next 2 years but I hope I am out of there before then.

Saturday through Monday it's supposed to be 100 degrees with the heat index going near 110 (37 / 43 Celsius).

~ Name 3 states that you think it would be nice to live out in the boonies in: - IDK. I only know city life...
Okay - VT, NH, CA.

~ Free bottle of cooking/salad oil for you today! What kind would you like? - A high quality olive oil makes a big difference...

~ You have to eat your greens or you can't leave the table! What kind of greens will you eat? - I'm happy with the 3 I rotate, always fresh. In order- broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and green or yellow string beans. I always eat all I cook.

~ Two frozen foods that you would eat: - Most of Amy's I tried are good. Some selections from Tandoor Chef and Trader Joe's too. Rarely have as I prefer fresh.

~ What have you ever bought from a 'food truck'? - The last time was 3 years ago - a bottle of Perrier.

Thanks, Rainroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 07-22-2016, 05:00 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,612,177 times
Where you shop for groceries....

It's a mile away. I kind of like shopping, so much that I go there 3 times/week. I am the king of the 12 items or less checkout lane

It is a bit limited

They don't sell lamb chops, no demand apparently.

Pot roast. I make a kick ass pot roast. Fill an onion with cloves, it makes a big difference

~ A good bean:
Black

~A crappy bean:

Limabean of course

Made a quick sloppy job, had to stir in the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar

I'm asleep

Most all of them.

Coconut cause it's hard to find

Spinach

Pizza, frozen pizza now is so much better than the cardboard they used to peddal as dinner. Anything Stouffers

Food trucks are awesome, go to them every time I get the chance

Pants, as in "seat of your pants".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics