Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 08:39 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,110 posts, read 30,435,770 times

Advertisements

First, let's have some good clean fun with . . .

Today's Questions:
Have you:
-Run after a garbage truck with your trash when you didn't get it to the curb in time?
-Thrown your trash in a dumpster, if the truck missed your place for any reason?
-Kept something you found in or next to a dumpster? If so, what?
-Taken something home that was left curbside as trash - like furniture or an appliance? If so, what/for instance?
-Had someone take something from your curbside trash? If so, what?
-Driven to a dump to drop off refuse yourself?
-Been inconvenienced by holidays with no trash pickup?
- Felt reassured you didn't get trash day wrong because neighbors had set their trash out, too?

-Any other "trashy" experiences you care to share:

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas?
Have you made or enjoyed:
-Banana split?
-Banana cream pie?
-Banana pudding?
-Banana bread?
- Other banana laden food?
-
Or, if it's possible - do you NOT like bananas ?!

Bonus:
Do you watch or care about pageants, like Miss America, etc.?

Extra:
Have you ever used someone else's internet service - like a neighbor - without their knowing or would you?

Today in History:
1571 Laguna encomiendas founded, one of the oldest encomiendas (provinces) in the Philippines
1655 Cyrano de Bergerac died at 36 in France. He was the model in Edmond Rostand's 1897 hit play named for him. (see quote)
1821 José de San Martín declared the independence of Peru from Spain
1854 USS Constellation commissioned, last all-sail warship built for the US Navy
1948 London's Metropolitan Police foiled a bullion robbery in the "Battle of London Airport"
1984 Soviets and allies boycotted Summer Olympics that officially opened in Los Angeles, CA, in response to
-Pres. Carter's having US athletes boycott the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow
2001 Australian Ian Thorpe became 1st swimmer to win six gold medals at a single World Championships

Today's Quote:
"A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous, and liberal man."
~ Cyrano de Bergerac, author

Today’s Word:
laden [LEYd-n] adjective
loaded down with, heavy with

Today Includes:
Chili Dog Day
Lumberjack Day
Milk Chocolate Day
Refreshment Day

This Week Includes:
Texas Mosquitos Days, SATX56 can explain the perils

Today's Stately Picture:
Indiana. State capitol building in Indianapolis from Market Street.

Made freely available on wikipedia.org by Daniel Schwen

Wishing you a Thursday laden with goodness!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 08:40 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,607,292 times
yay! Love early postings!

[/u]Have you:
-Run after a garbage truck with your trash when you didn't get it to the curb in time? no
-Thrown your trash in a dumpster, if the truck missed your place for any reason? not much like garbage day quantities - but I've put trash in dumpsters before
-Kept something you found in or next to a dumpster? If so, what? no
-Taken something home that was left curbside as trash - like furniture or an appliance? If so, what/for instance? yes but I forget what
-Had someone take something from your curbside trash? If so, what? lots yes - furniture, electronics, CDs
-Driven to a dump to drop off refuse yourself? no
-Been inconvenienced by holidays with no trash pickup? nah
- Felt reassured you didn't get trash day wrong because neighbors had set their trash out, too? never had that problem

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas? made and enjoyed all the below. Banana split is my least favorite. Love banana pudding! Mmmm and banana bread lightly toasted with peanut butter on it - or cream cheese.
-Banana split?
-Banana cream pie?
-Banana pudding?
-Banana bread?
-
Or, if it's possible - do you NOT like bananas ?! love them - good in cereal or with peanut butter or like an Elvis sandwich. My friend can't eat bananas because of the potassium.

Bonus:
Do you watch or care about pageants, like Miss America, etc.? used to watch sometimes but haven't in years and never cared about them.

Extra:
Have you ever used someone else's internet service - like a neighbor - without their knowing or would you? yes

Today's Quote:
"A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous, and liberal man." and sexy

dig that stately picture! Thanks for asking - weekend almost here!

Last edited by toosie; 07-27-2016 at 08:53 PM..

Old 07-27-2016, 08:57 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,088,633 times
Today's Questions:
Have you:
-Run after a garbage truck with your trash when you didn't get it to the curb in time? *LOL* No!
-Thrown your trash in a dumpster, if the truck missed your place for any reason? No.
-Kept something you found in or next to a dumpster? No, but a couple of times I've taken something that someone put out next to their trash can. If so, what? A wooden plant stand, which I fixed up to look real nice and used for years.
-Taken something home that was left curbside as trash - like furniture or an appliance? If so, what/for instance? Oops. See previous answer.
-Had someone take something from your curbside trash? Yes, several times. If so, what? I don't recall everything, but one thing was a beat up dining room table with three leaves and another items was a broken electric lawn mower. Scavengers pick up just about anything that's left outside the trash cans in my neighborhood. I'm glad. I'd rather see things recycled than taken to the garbage dump.
-Driven to a dump to drop off refuse yourself? Nope.
-Been inconvenienced by holidays with no trash pickup? Only a little, when I've been confused about the day of the week and forgot to put the trash out on the right day. I don't generate much trash, so it's not a big problem.
- Felt reassured you didn't get trash day wrong because neighbors had set their trash out, too? *LOL* Yes!

-Any other "trashy" experiences you care to share: I went on a dumpster-diving spree once, about 20 years ago. A friend and I needed a lot of cardboard for a craft project for an upcoming Christian retreat. So we took cardboard from dumpsters behind some retail stores. It was clean trash; mostly paper and cardboard, so it wasn't gross.

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas? Sure!
-Banana split? I had them occasionally when I was a teen. I'm not really crazy about them. I prefer more plain ice cream treats; either plain ice cream or ice cream with hot fudge on it. I don't much like fruit on ice cream.
-Banana cream pie? I've made it and I've eaten it. Pretty good stuff!
-Banana pudding? I've made it and I've eaten it. Yum.
-Banana bread? I've made it and I've eaten it many times. Love it!
- Other banana laden food? Banana walnut pancakes. Yum again!
-

Bonus:
Do you watch or care about pageants, like Miss America, etc.? I occasionally watch them out of curiosity, to see the evening gowns and, in the case of Miss America, to watch the talent competition. With the ones other than Miss America, I laugh my butt off when I listen to the lame answers the finalists give to the questions relevant to current events. They're usually pretty lame.

Extra:
Have you ever used someone else's internet service - like a neighbor - without their knowing or would you? No, I haven't and no, I would not use it without their knowledge.

Today's Quote:
"A large nose is the mark of a witty, courteous, affable, generous, and liberal man."

Today’s Word:
laden [LEYd-n] adjective
I knew that.

Today Includes:
Chili Dog Day Yum! Haven't had one of these for quite a while.
Lumberjack Day "I'm a lumberjack and that's okay. I sleep all night and I work all day . . .." (Great. Now I'll be humming that song all evening. )
Milk Chocolate Day Pretty good, but I'll take dark chocolate over milk chocolate anytime.
Refreshment Day I like being refreshed!

This Week Includes:
Texas Mosquitos Days, SATX56 can explain the perils Haha - okay..........

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-27-2016 at 09:12 PM..

Old 07-27-2016, 09:16 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,897,837 times

Today's Questions:
Have you:
-Run after a garbage truck with your trash when you didn't get it to the curb in time?
-Thrown your trash in a dumpster, if the truck missed your place for any reason?
-Taken something home that was left curbside as trash - like furniture or an appliance? If so, what/for instance? Lumber etc.
- Felt reassured you didn't get trash day wrong because neighbors had set their trash out, too?

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas?
-Banana split?
-Banana cream pie?
-Banana pudding?
-Banana bread?
-

Bonus:

Extra:
Have you ever used someone else's internet service - like a neighbor - without their knowing or would you?
They likely use ours.

Today in History:
1571 Laguna encomiendas founded, one of the oldest encomiendas (provinces) in the Philippines
1655 Cyrano de Bergerac died at 36 in France. He was the model in Edmond Rostand's 1897 hit play named for him. (see quote)
1854 USS Constellation commissioned, last all-sail warship built for the US Navy
1948 London's Metropolitan Police foiled a bullion robbery in the "Battle of London Airport"
1984 Soviets and allies boycotted Summer Olympics that officially opened in Los Angeles, CA, in response to
2001 Australian Ian Thorpe became 1st swimmer to win six gold medals at a single World Championships

Today's Quote:

Today’s Word:
laden [LEYd-n] adjective

Today Includes:
Chili Dog Day
Lumberjack Day
Milk Chocolate Day
Refreshment Day

This Week Includes:
Shrunken heads these days... that or West Nile Virus. Not to mention the horrible itchy feeling from bites.

Today's Stately Picture:

Thanks BJ! Nice job as always!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:18 PM

44,649 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Someone been hittin' the sauce tonight...

Today's Questions:
Have you:
-Taken something home that was left curbside as trash - like furniture or an appliance? If so, what/for instance?
-Had someone take something from your curbside trash? Si. If so, what? Bulk trash p/u.
-Driven to a dump to drop off refuse yourself? Several times in the past.

-Any other "trashy" experiences you care to share: I knew some women...well that's another story for another time.

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas?
-Banana split?
-Banana cream pie?
-Banana pudding?
-Banana bread?
- Other banana laden food? Banana cupcakes.
-
Or, if it's possible - do you NOT like bananas ?! not like, who doesn't like nannas.

Bonus:

Extra:

bjh neat photo.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:19 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,281,937 times

Today's Questions:
Have you:
-Run after a garbage truck with your trash when you didn't get it to the curb in time?..........
-Thrown your trash in a dumpster, if the truck missed your place for any reason?...........
-Kept something you found in or next to a dumpster? If so, what?...............Yes, a brand new box of Christmas lights that my SIL tossed out.
-Taken something home that was left curbside as trash - like furniture or an appliance? If so, what/for instance?.......
-Had someone take something from your curbside trash? If so, what?..........
-Driven to a dump to drop off refuse yourself?...........
-Been inconvenienced by holidays with no trash pickup?.........
- Felt reassured you didn't get trash day wrong because neighbors had set their trash out, too?........

-Any other "trashy" experiences you care to share:............My one neighbor often lets their trash blow around. Keep in mind even though I don't have close neighbors this trash comes far enough that it often ends up in my pond. I end up chasing it down to get it in the dumpster.

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas?..........Not really
-Banana split?.........Yes
-Banana cream pie?........Yes
-Banana pudding?..........It's not something I really like.
-Banana bread?..............Not really.
- Other banana laden food?........
-
Or, if it's possible - do you NOT like bananas ?!...........It's possible, I'm not very fond of them.

Bonus:
Do you watch or care about pageants, like Miss America, etc.?.......No

Extra:
Have you ever used someone else's internet service - like a neighbor - without their knowing or would you?........I have not and wouldn't.

Today in History:

Today's Quote:

Today’s Word:
laden [LEYd-n] adjective

Today Includes:
Chili Dog Day.........
Lumberjack Day
Milk Chocolate Day.................Hershey Kisses!!
Refreshment Day.......

This Week Includes:

Today's Stately Picture:

Old 07-27-2016, 09:25 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,568,157 times
Today's Questions:
Have you:
-Run after a garbage truck with your trash when you didn't get it to the curb in time? Nope
-Thrown your trash in a dumpster, if the truck missed your place for any reason? The only reason I've thrown something in a dumpster is because it was too big to fit in my trash can. My Christmas tree fit in the dumpster just fine! lol
-Kept something you found in or next to a dumpster? If so, what? Not in a dumpster but found some bathroom scales at the local dump about 25 years ago. Last time I was over at my ex's house a few months ago, she was still using them.
-Taken something home that was left curbside as trash - like furniture or an appliance? If so, what/for instance? Nope
-Had someone take something from your curbside trash? If so, what? Nope
-Driven to a dump to drop off refuse yourself? Yup
-Been inconvenienced by holidays with no trash pickup? Ours picks up a day late on holiday weeks
- Felt reassured you didn't get trash day wrong because neighbors had set their trash out, too? Yup

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas? too late!
-Banana split? Both
-Banana cream pie? Emjoyed
-Banana pudding? Both
-Banana bread? Both
- Other banana laden food? Fried bananas. Never again!
-

Bonus:
Do you watch or care about pageants, like Miss America, etc.? I used to watch them

Extra:
Have you ever used someone else's internet service - like a neighbor - without their knowing or would you? Yup. And somebody used ours until we put a password on it.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:39 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,179 times
Today's Questions:
Have you:
-Driven to a dump to drop off refuse yourself? Because I recycle and take rubbish to the recycling center myself, I pay about $30 a year to dump trash.

-Any other "trashy" experiences you care to share: Well.....

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas? Already there.
-Banana split? My mother used to feed her grands banana splits for breakfast. Fruit and dairy she'd say. Fruit and dairy.
-Banana cream pie?
-Banana pudding?
-Banana bread?
- Other banana laden food? Sometimes put bananas in milk shakes.... Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
-

Bonus:
Do you watch or care about pageants, like Miss America, etc.? Don't. No interest.

Extra:
Have you ever used someone else's internet service - like a neighbor - without their knowing or would you? Without them knowing? Haven't.

Today's Quote:
~ Cyrano de Bergerac, author Hasn't been my experience!

Today’s Word:
laden [LEYd-n] adjective

This Week Includes:

Today's Stately Picture:

Wishing you a Thursday laden with goodness! Looking forward to ushering for a jazz performance Thursday night. Chick Corea, Christian McBride and Brian Blade!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:41 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,010,063 times

Today's Questions:
Have you:

You know these seem to be rather trashy questions. You promised we would have some good clean fun. What is going on? Oh by the way my answer is no to all of the above. Well actually I have driven to the dump so I guess my answer is not really no to all of the above.

Twice I have had to leave a lot of good stuff sitting on the curb next to the dumpster. Both times I was moving out of town and only had time to take whatever would fit in my car

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas?
-Banana split? Oh yeah
-Banana cream pie? Meh
-Banana pudding? Meh
-Banana bread? Got to be really moist
- Other banana laden food? Really good in cereal.
-
Or, if it's possible - do you NOT like bananas ?! Are you crazy?

Bonus:

Nope. I am betting most are rigged

Extra:
Why I do believe it is time to plead the fifth

Old 07-27-2016, 10:20 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,907,468 times

Today's Questions:
Have you:
-Had someone take something from your curbside trash? If so, what? too many things to list.

Foodie Questions:
Ready to go bananas? no
-Banana split?
-Banana cream pie?
-Banana pudding?
-Banana bread?
-

Bonus:
Do you watch or care about pageants, like Miss America, etc.? no

Extra:

Today in History:

Today's Quote:

Today’s Word:
laden [LEYd-n] adjective

Today Includes:
Chili Dog Day <<<<----- I had no idea, yet today I enjoyed one for lunch
Lumberjack Day
Milk Chocolate Day
Refreshment Day

This Week Includes:

Today's Stately Picture:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics