Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:47 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Be thankful they are wearing undies ... eh Ms. Spears!
Yeah, but at this point I'm wondering - Look what happened in the last 10 years, and how much casual "styles" have "progressed", at this rate, ten years from now, I wouldn't be too surprised if they started showing other parts of their bodies nobody would care to see!

I remember a brief conversation I had with a kid, about 19 or so, about 2 years ago or so, who was standing outside of a grocery store with his skateboard, and he had those very baggy pants on that were about ready to slip off his waist, and the top half of his underwear was showing. I mentioned something about being careful to not let his baggy pants fall off, and doesn't it get old always trying to pull them up? He came back with something like "Well what about the stuff you wore when you were young? It's the same thing". I told him, no it's not the same thing, because at least we were not showing our underwear and parts of our bodies no one was interested in seeing in public!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
But haven't you noticed, some of them wear belts to hold them in place at the half-way-off-their-behind point. Same as you would wear it at your waist-just to let you know, it is supposed to look like this.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:34 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Hillary Clinton's plastic surgery?

Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 AM

473 posts, read 701,023 times
something that has always annoyed me -- people who drive in a lane clearly marked to be ending ahead (so a 'merge' is coming up) and try to get ahead of the rest of us (who are just driving along in the lane that they'll have to merge into) -- and THEN they expect US to let THEM into line! I'm all for courtesy, but letting them in just encourages them to keep doing it. So I don't....

What do the rest of you do when you are faced with this?

Old 02-21-2008, 11:59 AM

214 posts, read 270,563 times
I can so relate Nims, erks me big time. I wont let them in either.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:24 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,428 times
Trucker hats on frat boys.

Fanny packs.

Muffin tops (except the kind you get at Panera )

Children with mullets or rat tails (come on parents, give them a fighting chance)

Magnetic ribbons on the back of cars. We get it, you support stuff. Now take it off because it's so faded, you can't even read it anymore.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:24 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
The TV in my Dentist office, she tells me it's for me to watch while she works but it's mounted on the left wall and she sits on the right and my heads pointed to the right so how am I supose to see it? Fix it.

Tattoo's people get when they are 120 pounds and now are 250 pounds, I know a girl who did this, a fairy on her back is now a eagle with stretch marks and she's always wearing something so everybody can see it....GROSS

Old 02-21-2008, 02:06 PM

118 posts, read 625,183 times
I am shocked no one has mentioned piercings anywhere other than the ears??

As well as the one stated above...

2. Too many tattoos..one, two maybe three ae ok..but the ones that have them everywhere.

3. the ones that wear all black. black pants, black shirt, hair dyed blackest black, black lipstick...

4. girls who wear too much make-up. and when I say too much, i'm talking about the girl that has to put make up on just to go to the grocery store. what do you think wearing the make up makes you "appear" to be more confident that you really are? what does that say about you right there? (i'm a mascara and lipgloss only kinda girl)

5. At the beach, the heavyset girl wearing a bikini with her saggy tummy hanging over.

6. kids riding those motorized scooters down the street..I say if its motorized they need to be 16 to ride it. wouldn't that make it a motorized veichle?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:33 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
But haven't you noticed, some of them wear belts to hold them in place at the half-way-off-their-behind point. Same as you would wear it at your waist-just to let you know, it is supposed to look like this.
LOL.. somebody has to teach these kids decent fashions, I know when I a teenager in high school until the mid 1970's, my parents mentioned a couple of things to me about wearing a t-shirt and denim jeans to school, but when they see how kids dress these days, they tell me that things weren't that bad afterall back then.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:36 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,390,428 times
I personally dont care about fashion, whats in, whats not. For me, a simple pair of jeans and my docs work anytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics