Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:58 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,146,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Well kinda, I got both the outties and innies
Congratulations MonaLisaVito on your new handle...now does Joe Pesci go along wid dat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 01:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,496,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
YOU didn't know THAT?????????????
They're bossom buddies.
Well, I'm out of the loops. Some people apparently have met, taken pictures together, etc...

They must be bosom buddies, alright. AksarbeN summarized Mike's memoirs only yesterday.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:03 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,214,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I'm out of the loops. Some people apparently have met, taken pictures together, etc...

They must be bosom buddies, alright. AksarbeN summarized Mike's memoirs only yesterday.
Ah chitty chitty bang bang.

I did spell it wrong! I was wondering and betting on you!

The more I hang around CD, the worse my spelling gets! I can say that now that I have a 2nd gold star, although it will never get me a 3rd. :-)

We need to find a central location for everyone to meet up. I want pictures too.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:09 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,661,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post
Congratulations MonaLisaVito on your new handle...now does Joe Pesci go along wid dat?
"My biological clock is ticking like this, and the way this case is going, I ain't never getting married!"

Old 02-15-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I did spell it wrong! I was wondering and betting on you!
Well, as you can imagine, I did notice it, but I normally make a deal out of it only under certain circumstances... Btw, Firefox checks spelling as you go just like Word. Underlines errors immediately. To be honest, my spelling's gotten pretty bad, too. I almost always run spell check.

Quote:
We need to find a central location for everyone to meet up. I want pictures too.
We might be better off just the way we are! Familiarity breeds contempt.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, as you can imagine, I did notice it, but I normally make a deal out of it only under certain circumstances... Btw, Firefox checks spelling as you go just like Word. Underlines errors immediately. To be honest, my spelling's gotten pretty bad, too. I almost always run spell check.

We might be better off just the way we are! Familiarity breeds contempt.
I don't even know if I can use spell check here on CD from the work computer so it's all in cold blood, all the time.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:32 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,059,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
AksarbeN, how strange is this? With the exception of the double-sided fridge and all the stuff on it, your kitchen's layout looks almost like mine! I have the pantry on the left side of the fridge, and on the right there's a counter, with my microwave on it, with cabinets above them!
Now I know who’s been taking my beer from the frig! You’re close enough and you know your way around the house. Something tells me I’ve caught the culprit!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,059,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANA MANIA View Post
HI Karla, Just wandered in from...Hey, I have hundreds of magnets on my frig.Covers the entire front and sides.I had so many that a few years ago I gave about 100 away!Some, I made myself of people I know,ie,their photo with a magnet behind it.Some, are from places I've traveled to. Some,just picked up along the way.Oh, I'd love to get the rep points for the picture which I'll take right now.The problem,I still cannot load photos or anything else on the screen! Do I still get the reps?!
I hate it when there are so many magnets on the frig that when I walk by it, my belt buckle gets attracted to the door and my pants fall down around my knees before I can grab them and hold them up long enough to get the buckle pulled off the refrigerator. And all this without spilling a drop of coffee from the mug.

Mike,,, do you store bullets inside the frig.? Just a thought,,,, and had to ask.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I don't even know if I can use spell check here on CD from the work computer so it's all in cold blood, all the time.
CD's spell check is something you're supposed to download. I don't like this type and don't use it. I'm in a habit of having a new e-mail window open at all times where I check everything I type. Hey, for writing "in cold blood," you're perfectly fine, kitty!

Of course, spell checkers only check spelling, not stupidity and total illiteracy.. Even though I like sounding colloquial (most of the time) and bratty (almost always ), there's a huge difference between being bratty and being illiterate. The latter is something I don't have much respect for, particularly when we're talking native speakers...

Here's a little fun on the topic:

Spelling checker

Eye Halve a Spelling Chequer

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Aha! Jokes > English Jokes > Spelling checker

Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM

I like that little joke. Makes lots of sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics