Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 09:44 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,960,062 times

Advertisements

I've got a repair to do at the house today and I wonder if I should avoid it or dig in and fix it this morning.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
we turned the furnace back on.
I'll send you some of our AZ heat if you need it.... It's up in the 100's again today.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:04 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Was that a marriage, by any chance?

I think this oversensitivity is just used as a means to an end, to help some get what they want, and to allow them to play out their vindictive games. I know, with some, they just don't know that they've been conditioned to behave badly, and to not think correctly.

By their actions, people show their class, or lack of it.

I suppose I shouldn't say any of this, for fear of offending the chavs, plebs, and general degenerates of the readership, but, it just has to be said.

Note to Numpties; This probably is about you, inadvertently, but it's all about how you choose to see it.
It was 1973, not 1972....... right on the money Becs. My dad advised me not to marry my first wife. I said, 'you don't know her dad, like I do, and you're wrong.' Well, he was right, and I was wrong.........

Advice to any youngsters reading this. Listen to your dad, he's been around longer than you.

Anybody says to me, 'what do you think?'....... well, I'm going to tell them. Don't ask, if you only want to hear, what you want to hear........

Old 05-11-2018, 12:28 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,850,753 times
Getting back to where I can squeeze a nap in.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:01 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,128,221 times
It's not often I have a Chinese Takeaway, but I am really enjoying this one this evening. That and a glass of San Miguel.

Marvellous!

Old 05-11-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
It's not often I have a Chinese Takeaway, but I am really enjoying this one this evening. That and a glass of San Miguel.

Marvellous!
Crisps here for SWMBO. washed down with a vodka and zero coke. I have a few donuts in the kitchen, which I think are on her mind.

She is trying to distract food thoughts watching her soaps.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:28 PM

My repair work is completed today. Long story short, three trips to different hardware stores, and I had to buy a “special” lever that was $19.95 instead of a 49cent plastic nut that should have fixed the issue. All because a manufacture made their item “special”. The threads on the nut were just a little different – both were coarse threads yet they didn’t match up to allow me to save some money.

And it only took 3 hours of time.............

Old 05-11-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
My repair work is completed today. Long story short, three trips to different hardware stores, and I had to buy a “special” lever that was $19.95 instead of a 49cent plastic nut that should have fixed the issue. All because a manufacture made their item “special”. The threads on the nut were just a little different – both were coarse threads yet they didn’t match up to allow me to save some money.

And it only took 3 hours of time.............
You think that's bad...... I went out to town today because I needed some shoe laces. I went to a small business thinking I want to support the mom and pop type business.

I bought a pack of two pairs of shoe laces....... I said how much? The smiling owner said, "£3.49 ($5) I said "you serious? What you pay for them £1?.........." Gawd, daylight robbery with a smile!!.......

Old 05-11-2018, 05:51 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,865,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
On some parts of the forum, in the bar that has the Search this Thread button, there is a Display Modes button. If you click that button, then scroll down the list that appears, then select Hybrid Mode, you can then scroll down the panel that appears below that bar, see how many posts have been deleted, and from who those posts were.
It doesn't matter to me how many posts have been deleted, I can guess Many...just thinking WHY the one that was going fine was deleted...I'll never know nor the person who started the post. That's what I was thinking when I posted here.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:40 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,046,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
we turned the furnace back on.
I turned my furnace back on - it's in the 40s - brrrrrrrr - especially after feeling that 80F temp. Warm & toasty now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics