Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 04:56 PM

18,969 posts, read 11,637,689 times

Advertisements

Also thinking that I really enjoy reading Dave's posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:43 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Also thinking that I really enjoy reading Dave's posts
Shucks toosie......... I like reading yours too! It's great that as time passes, young people like Zola join c-d, and then we hear the enthusiasm of the young......... Her excitement at ending her work day, and wondering what to wear for her night out, makes me smile!!

This is the great thing about c-d........ people from all over, and all ages, coming to have a gab......... and as you know, I especially like to gab........

I'm thinking right now, did Judy mean it last night, about going to the town of Bury this morning? If she did, we'll have to set off early. Saturday is a market day in Bury, and the current warm weather will bring out the crowds. It's only 6am, so I'll have to wait a few hours to find out.

Judy likes Bury market.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPhX8dxLNc

Old 07-22-2016, 11:54 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,128,221 times
Morning peeps!

Just stumbled home from an all night rave again!! Wasn't planning on going to a rave, but you know how things develop during a night out!

Am not drunk though! It's never wise to drink alcohol at a rave; just plenty of water or Red Bull

Legs and feet are killing me though: really am getting too old for this game, lol

8 hours worth of constant dancing, noise and the aromas of soft drugs lingering in the air of this old disused wareahouse - no wonder my head feels it's in the clouds (not that I smoked anything, ha!)

Hot 'n' sweaty; totally cream crackered!

Need a shower and then decide either hit the sack (and waste a morning) or get my arse in gear, stay awake and get on with the day?

I'm no spring chicken anymore: I feel well and truly plucked! (yeah, spelt correctly, lol)

Nice cuppa required now......

Old 07-23-2016, 12:02 AM

44,700 posts, read 61,874,800 times
^^^Sounds like you had a great time, good for you.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Morning peeps!

Just stumbled home from an all night rave again!! Wasn't planning on going to a rave, but you know how things develop during a night out!

Am not drunk though! It's never wise to drink alcohol at a rave; just plenty of water or Red Bull

Legs and feet are killing me though: really am getting too old for this game, lol

8 hours worth of constant dancing, noise and the aromas of soft drugs lingering in the air of this old disused wareahouse - no wonder my head feels it's in the clouds (not that I smoked anything, ha!)

Hot 'n' sweaty; totally cream crackered!

Need a shower and then decide either hit the sack (and waste a morning) or get my arse in gear, stay awake and get on with the day?

I'm no spring chicken anymore: I feel well and truly plucked! (yeah, spelt correctly, lol)

Nice cuppa required now......
Good morning Zola. Glad to hear you had an enjoyable night out. You'll probably feel better with a few hours sleep. If not, later on in the day, you'll wind down like a clockwork toy!!.......

No spring chicken anymore huh? You're in your prime kid........ enjoy it while it lasts!!

Old 07-23-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
^^^Sounds like you had a great time, good for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Good morning Zola. Glad to hear you had an enjoyable night out. You'll probably feel better with a few hours sleep. If not, later on in the day, you'll wind down like a clockwork toy!!.......

No spring chicken anymore huh? You're in your prime kid........ enjoy it while it lasts!!

Thank youboth....but if you'll excufse me I really can't be bothere to wtie more am yawneing my ead off and my ees are lamots closedd....ho my how eude..

thats it decidison made

m gongi to bed

nit e all evn though its 7 am

Old 07-23-2016, 04:27 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,637,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Shucks toosie......... I like reading yours too! It's great that as time passes, young people like Zola join c-d, and then we hear the enthusiasm of the young......... Her excitement at ending her work day, and wondering what to wear for her night out, makes me smile!!

Judy likes Bury market.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPhX8dxLNc
I hear ha - I was just as enthusiastic about the end of my workday...but also about knowing I'd be coming home, stripping down and NOT going out!

Enjoyed that market vid - the butcher was so sweet - seemed to care about his work but not so much being on camera.

Oh and from your liquor post - we also still hVe dry counties, some places with weird closing hours, and those horrible clear barrels of pickled eggs. Never had one - the presentation is an appetite suppressant!
Quote:

I'm no spring chicken anymore
Now had I seen posts like this instead of quiet night in with a cuppa, I might've picked up on the demographic oh and by the time you're 30 you'll look back on the spring chicken comment and wonder what happened from then to now?
Quote:
Thank youboth....but if you'll excufse me I really can't be bothere to wtie more am yawneing my ead off and my ees are lamots closedd....ho my how eude..

thats it decidison made

m gongi to bed

nit e all evn though its 7 am
Saved for posterity - totes adorbs

Thinking I must apply myself this weekend - finish London planning (left it alone most of the last week or so besides picking LCs brain). Also have errands, chores, calls, visits, oh and my colleagues birthday to plan for.

Will check back with other current thoughts later - enjoy the day all (enjoy the snooze, Zola)

Old 07-23-2016, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I hear ha - I was just as enthusiastic about the end of my workday...but also about knowing I'd be coming home, stripping down and NOT going out!

Enjoyed that market vid - the butcher was so sweet - seemed to care about his work but not so much being on camera.

Oh and from your liquor post - we also still hVe dry counties, some places with weird closing hours, and those horrible clear barrels of pickled eggs. Never had one - the presentation is an appetite suppressant!

Now had I seen posts like this instead of quiet night in with a cuppa, I might've picked up on the demographic oh and by the time you're 30 you'll look back on the spring chicken comment and wonder what happened from then to now?

Saved for posterity - totes adorbs

Thinking I must apply myself this weekend - finish London planning (left it alone most of the last week or so besides picking LCs brain). Also have errands, chores, calls, visits, oh and my colleagues birthday to plan for.

Will check back with other current thoughts later - enjoy the day all (enjoy the snooze, Zola)
Thank you, but I only ended up with about an hour's worth of sleep earlier this morning

My phone rang about half a dozen times; then my doorbell; then a fire engine screamed past my open bedroom windows with sirens on full blast; then my neigbour decides to start drilling something or other; then another fire engine (or could have been an ambulance) shoots past; then a distant dog starts barking its bloody head off.

To cap it all off, it was just far too hot to sleep (even in the nude); so I thought "bugger this for a game of soldiers. Might as well get up!"

However, it will no doubt catch up with me again later today - just 1 hour's worth of sleep since 4am Friday morning. I'll be walking around like a zombie, grunting, groaning, dribbling, and talking nonsense (am just waiting for someone to say "so what's new?" lol)

Anyway, time for a shower

Old 07-23-2016, 06:02 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,467,317 times
Zola sounds like you had a great time. Get some rest. Are you doing a repeat of that tonight?

Boy we change, lol. I am getting ready to jump in the shower so I can pick up my granddaughter to take her to yard sales, the library and then to the community pool. Not quite the same as dancing all night but still a good day for us

Old 07-23-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Zola sounds like you had a great time. Get some rest. Are you doing a repeat of that tonight?

Boy we change, lol. I am getting ready to jump in the shower so I can pick up my granddaughter to take her to yard sales, the library and then to the community pool. Not quite the same as dancing all night but still a good day for us
Hi Lisa..... I used to love going dancing. The whole atmosphere of the disco entranced me. There is something about dancing to music that pleases the soul.

It's great reading Zola's joy for living. I remember it well.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics