Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:36 AM

24,740 posts, read 26,344,038 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:

Do you enjoy creative type activities, like writing, painting, crafts, etc. and if so, tell us about it/them?
Used to do some woodworking.

When it comes to being handy around the house, are you more like Bob Vila or Sponge Bob?
Lately it's more like Villa Sponge.

Tell us about one of your DIY nightmares (because we ALL have at least one)
A deck around the hot tub coulda turned out nicer.

Bonus Questions:

After some unexpected delays, today's bonus questions were sent to us as an unexpected surprise by
our correspondent in Central Arizona..... Who was also unexpectedly surprised… for some reason...

Unexpected Surprises.

Did you ever meet or run into people who turned out to be somebody you knew in the past? Who was
that person? You can select more than one, and include details if you wish.

- Somebody you went to school with?
- Somebody you worked with?
- A family member or relative you hadn’t seen in a long time?
- A former neighbor?
- The doctor who delivered you?
- Others?
Seems like every time I go to Vegas, I run unto someone I know.

Do you still keep in touch with people you knew in the past?
A few of them.

Thanx JJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 10:38 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,404,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
It’s the weekend!!! Yippee-skippee

AMEN to that, Joy!

Today's Questions:

Do you enjoy creative type activities, like writing, painting, crafts, etc. and if so, tell us about it/them? Drawing, light writing... I have an artistic side, but do not do them. Hope to go back to it when I retire and have more energy.

When it comes to being handy around the house, are you more like Bob Vila or Sponge Bob? Me? Sponge Bob!

Tell us about one of your DIY nightmares (because we ALL have at least one) My attempt to position a fuchsia pot inside the butterfly tree this week failed miserably. I hooked on and strapped it to some supporting limbs; however, the winds probably strained it, plus I think a damn squirrel dislodged it. So much for THAT idea!

Bonus Questions:

After some unexpected delays, today's bonus questions were sent to us as an unexpected surprise by
our correspondent in Central Arizona..... Who was also unexpectedly surprised… for some reason...

Unexpected Surprises.

Did you ever meet or run into people who turned out to be somebody you knew in the past? Who was

- Somebody you went to school with?
- Somebody you worked with? Happened last year at a Farmer's Market. She worked for us a temp in the 90's. Now, I'm one of those who has a photographic memory for faces, but I never would have recognized this person if she didn't remember me first. She's in her 70's now, gained maybe 70 lbs, is missing a front tooth, and she aged very hard. Very, very sad.
- A former neighbor?
- Others? Podiatrist I had about 10 years ago. Ran into him in the elevator last year and we both recognized each other but didn't say anything.

Do you still keep in touch with people you knew in the past? Friends, yes. Actually became friends with a few classmates 30-sum years after high school.

Have a great weekend
Thanks, Joy. Have a GREAT weekend, everybody!!!

Old 06-13-2015, 07:52 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,546,009 times
I'm getting to the questions late today. I was working on a tractor all day.

Today's Questions:

Do you enjoy creative type activities, like writing, painting, crafts, etc. and if so, tell us about it/them? Is genealogical research a creative activity? I've been doing family historyfor 25 years.

I've also restored numerous antique tractors, motor scooters and other things just for the fun of it. I also play a little guitar and sometimes pick up a mandolin.

When it comes to being handy around the house, are you more like Bob Vila or Sponge Bob? I suppose if I can get something apart, I can usually get it back together. I've repaired everything from cars and tractors to this farm house. Unfortunately age has a way of making these sorts of endeavors more and more difficult.

Tell us about one of your DIY nightmares (because we ALL have at least one) Covering the smallest barn here at this farm in metal siding and roofing by myself was definitely a DIY nightmare. It was hot, it was expensive, it was difficult and it was even a bit dangerous. It took me an entire summer month working mostly in the morning hours while it was cool before the wind started blowing.

Bonus Questions:

After some unexpected delays, today's bonus questions were sent to us as an unexpected surprise by our correspondent in Central Arizona..... Who was also unexpectedly surprised… for some reason...

Unexpected Surprises.

Did you ever meet or run into people who turned out to be somebody you knew in the past? Who was that person? You can select more than one, and include details if you wish.

- Somebody you went to school with? From college, this happened twice while I was still working. Both persons who I met at work had entered biological careers after school and their paths happened to cross my own years later.
- Somebody you worked with?
- A former neighbor?
- Others? The oddest occurrence of this sort would be the time I was standing in line to change some money in Orly Airport in Paris as I passed through on my way to Morocco. There was an American fellow standing behind me who looked very familiar. I said nothing but he introduced himself and asked me if we had ever met? He said he worked for the U.S. State Department and I told him I worked for U.S.Agriculture. We finally decided we had met in some meeting or in a training class somewhere but we ran out of time before we could figure the mystery out.It's a small world.

Do you still keep in touch with people you knew in the past?
I'm terrible about keeping up with old friends. I now get faces and names mixed up between high school, the military service, college and work.

It looks like more rain tonight. Everybody stay dry.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:34 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,147,262 times
Today's Questions:

Do you enjoy creative type activities, like writing, painting, crafts, etc. and if so, tell us about it/them? Sometimes ... When I'm in the mood. I used to do art abstracts ... Nothing professional but just splashes of colors. I also enjoy dancing.

When it comes to being handy around the house, are you more like Bob Vila or Sponge Bob? Uh ... I am not familiar with Bob Vila or Sponge Bob but all I can say is that I'm definitely NOT handy

Tell us about one of your DIY nightmares (because we ALL have at least one) Don't have one ... I don't try to fix stuff but get help.

Bonus Questions:

Unexpected Surprises.

- Somebody you went to school with? About 15 years after graduating from high school, I ran into a former classmate who was a bus operator on a bus I was riding on ...
- Somebody you worked with? No one from my past but it was weird running into a current colleague at the grocery store during a time when we both are normally at work ... LOL!
- A former neighbor?
- Others?

Do you still keep in touch with people you knew in the past? Not really ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics