Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 06:53 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,140,435 times

Advertisements

Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion? Very Dazed and Confused.

starts at :54, crank it up to 1080p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t0A...ature=youtu.be

_
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 09:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
The teaser/intro trailer was good but the new trailer they did was epic. If I wasn't sold on the idea already, this new trailer sold me HARD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9KZdW7ko20

Old 12-16-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The teaser/intro trailer was good but the new trailer they did was epic. If I wasn't sold on the idea already, this new trailer sold me HARD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9KZdW7ko20
That's the exact same thing, with an annoying talking head at the end when I immediately turned it off.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
That's the exact same thing, with an annoying talking head at the end when I immediately turned it off.
The trailer I was talking about was the UK trailer which was a bit different showing the emotions in the mother and father's heads as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MC3XuMvsDI

Old 06-29-2015, 08:24 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Bringing back this thread to see if anyone's seen it and what they thought.

Personally, I loved it. It's probably my second favorite Pixar movie, behind Finding Nemo. I thought it was was such a neat concept, and loved how it brought the ideas of memories and personality down to a kids level, but still gave adults plenty to think about. I've been reflecting a lot on my own "core memories" and "personality islands" since seeing it on Saturday.

And the short before the movie ("Lava") was really sweet.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:04 PM

i liked it .....

Old 06-29-2015, 02:10 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
saw it Saturday
daughter and I loved it...very funny...a little bit of a tear jerker...

Old 06-29-2015, 06:46 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,314,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Personally, I loved it. I thought it was was such a neat concept, and loved how it brought the ideas of memories and personality down to a kids level, but still gave adults plenty to think about. I've been reflecting a lot on my own "core memories" and "personality islands" since seeing it on Saturday.

And the short before the movie ("Lava") was really sweet.
I didn't love it, but I did like it. It was a bit draggy for me in the middle. I agree that the concept was very neat -- they tackle some really complex science and articulate it in a way that's both accessible and entertaining.
Spoiler
The scene when Bing-Bong sacrificed himself to save Joy -- and Riley --
broke my heart. It perfectly symbolized that first loss of innocence and the pain of transitioning from "child" to "adolescent."

And yes, the short before the movie -- Lava -- was great! I'd love to see that again.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:38 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,775,862 times
The trailer didn't do it justice. Based on the trailer, I was uninterested. But the first reviews were good enough to make me think about it, especially the giddy exclamations that Pixar had re-discovered their strengths. I finally went to see it based purely on Pixar's past performance. Rarely had Pixar disappointed me before.

I liked the movie. It had plot and performance that was gripping even for an adult, as Pixar has been so able to do so often in the past.

It had a real moment of crisis--really, dual moments both in the "outside world" and in the "inside world"--that were gripping even for adults. Like any good story, the main protagonist runs into a problem fails to solve and must change to become the person who can solve it, in this case, becoming a person who can depend on others to do their part instead of doing it all herself.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:50 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,125 times
Definitely one of the best pictures of the year. If this is NOT nominated for the Oscar for best picture, it will be a travesty.

A deep, emotional, movie that stayed strong throughout the entire run time. Excellent voice acting and the animation was amazing. Definitely in the Top 3 Pixar movies of all time in my book, up there with Wall-E and Up and coming in above Toy Story 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies