Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 10:45 AM

44,467 posts, read 20,252,965 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
If you have hair atop your head, do you part it? No. I don't like the way my hair looks with a part.
If so, symmetrically (down the middle) or asymmetrically (off-center, to one side)? N/A

Bonus:
Have you seen a beaver lodge or dam (in person)? Yes; a bunch of times, but it's been a few years since I last saw one.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever attempted a magic trick? Yes; I did card tricks when I was a kid and probably up through high school age. (Yes, I was a nerd. )
Do you know any card-or coin-tricks? (I mean “sleight-of-hand”, not “cheating”) Yes.
If so, have you done that in front of anyone/for an audience? Yes. I used to do these.

Just for Fun:
If you drink tea, how long (after pouring the hot water) do you let it brew/steep? I usually leave the tea bag in the mug the entire time I'm drinking the tea. I like it strong, and it's just a waste to remove the bag until I'm finished drinking the tea. I never use a tea bag twice, since I like my tea strong.
If using a teabag, do you remove it before drinking, or do you leave it in the cup? See above.

Today’s Word:
sedulous /ˈsejələs/ (adj.): Thorough, careful, diligent, exacting, attentive to detail.
I used to be more sedulous than I am now. With some things, I still am, but with some other things I just don't stress about attempting perfection anymore.

Today Is:
Remembrance Day of Journalists Killed in the Line of Duty (Russia)
Bill of Rights Day (USA)
Cat Herders Day
National Lemon Cupcake Day This sounds pretty good.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:24 AM

44,752 posts, read 62,104,060 times
Happy Monday December 15, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
If you have hair atop your head, do you part it ? Yes, a full head of hair.
If so, symmetrically (down the middle)
or asymmetrically (off-center, to one side) ? Sideways ear to ear

Bonus:
Have you seen a beaver lodge or dam (in person) ? Dams, several.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever attempted a magic trick ? Yes. I know how to disappear.
Do you know any card-or coin-tricks ? (I mean “sleight-of-hand”, not “cheating”)
If so, have you done that in front of anyone/for an audience ? I know some tricks but not cards or coins.

Just for Fun:
If you drink tea, how long (after pouring the hot water) do you let it brew/steep ? Drink iced tea only.
If using a teabag, do you remove it before drinking, or do you leave it in the cup ? n/a

That maze looks like it has some great lakes in the middle :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 11:56 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,377,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:
If you have hair atop your head, do you part it ? Sometimes. Usually pull it all back with a clip.
or asymmetrically (off-center, to one side) ?

Bonus:
Have you seen a beaver lodge or dam (in person) ? Can't say I have, although there are plenty of beavers where I live.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever attempted a magic trick ? Maybe as a kid.
Do you know any card-or coin-tricks ? (I mean “sleight-of-hand”, not “cheating”) Nope.
If so, have you done that in front of anyone/for an audience ?

Just for Fun:
If you drink tea, how long (after pouring the hot water) do you let it brew/steep ? Well, I try to let it cool down to "real warm", but sometimes I forget and let it get lukewarm. I can drink lukewarm tea but not coffee.
If using a teabag, do you remove it before drinking, or do you leave it in the cup ?

Have a vibrant day, C-D peeps.
Thank you, Cloven. Happy, happy Monday to everyone!

Old 12-15-2014, 12:20 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,422,263 times
Today’s Question:
If you have hair atop your head, do you part it ? Yes
or asymmetrically (off-center, to one side) ? <---To one side.

Bonus:
Have you seen a beaver lodge or dam (in person) ? Yes, both-on lake/pond in Maine.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever attempted a magic trick ?
Tried a few times as a kid, using a handbook-but was not adept at it.

Do you know any card-or coin-tricks ? (I mean “sleight-of-hand”, not “cheating”)
No, though I used to know one or two card tricks, long forgotten.
When I was growing up, my mother's bf was able to correctly guess whether the next card would be red or black-
he would signal me so I could say one or the other, to make it appear I was the one figuring it out.
It was just a parlor trick, not used for actually playing a card game.
Still don't know how he did that.
Only for one other person at a time (family visitors).

Just for Fun:
If you drink tea, how long (after pouring the hot water) do you let it brew/steep ?
10 mins.
I arrived at the amount of time by trial-and-error, that's how long it takes for the tea to taste right to me.
If using a teabag, do you remove it before drinking, or do you leave it in the cup ?
Remove it-
but I do know people who, when I'd make them a cup of tea, would insist on leaving the teabag in the mug. Go figure.

Last edited by cloven; 12-15-2014 at 01:18 PM..

Old 12-15-2014, 03:56 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,042,462 times
Today’s Question:
If you have hair atop your head, do you part it ? Kind of hard to part a buzz cut

Bonus:
Have you seen a beaver lodge or dam (in person) ? Many

Extra Credit:

I use to have a roommate that was a professional magician. So I know how most magic tricks are done. Actually doing them is another thing.

Just for Fun:
If you drink tea, how long (after pouring the hot water) do you let it brew/steep ?

Tea is yucky.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:11 PM

24,788 posts, read 28,706,981 times

Today’s Question:
If you have hair atop your head, do you part it ?..... I let it go wild..... like " Animal " from the Muppets
If so, symmetrically (down the middle)....................

Bonus:
Have you seen a beaver lodge or dam (in person) ? Yes both.... Beaver Dams New York

Extra Credit:
Have you ever attempted a magic trick ?......... Tried it... the wicked witch of the North is better at it.
Do you know any card-or coin-tricks ? (I mean “sleight-of-hand”, not “cheating” Your hand to mine..

Just for Fun:
If you drink tea, how long (after pouring the hot water) do you let it brew/steep ? 3 min for black tea. 4 min for green tea..
If using a teabag, do you remove it before drinking, or do you leave it in the cup ? Remove and read..

Thanks Cloven............. Ho Ho Ho

Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 PM

72,545 posts, read 18,258,857 times

Today’s Question:
If you have hair atop your head, do you part it ?

Yes

To the right side

Bonus:
Have you seen a beaver lodge or dam (in person) ?

Never

Extra Credit:

None

Just for Fun:

I remove it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics