Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:26 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,020,084 times

Advertisements

Friday I noticed a couple small flies buzzing around the condo. A couple quick smacks with a newspaper and problem solved. So I thought. Saturday morning more flies. Gave the condo a good cleaning and sprayed some bug killer. Bugs eliminated. Saturday afternoon after the flies were back. Now I am mad. I go to the local bug spray company and bought a tanker full of the most toxic stuff they had. This stuff was so strong I had to wear protective clothing just to read the warning label. Got home and started spraying. Sprayed till I could no longer see. Then I sprayed some more. Birds were falling from the sky. My neighbors were keeling over. Protesters were waving signs in the park across the street. I kept on spraying until the cows came home. The cows took one look and left again. I continued to spray until it was impossible to force even one more drop of bug spray into my condo. I closed up the place and went for a stroll. A few hours later I returned. Dead bugs everywhere. Nothing was moving. TV stations from all over the world sent camera crews to record the carnage. A general from the Pentagon called demanding body counts. The EPA declared my condo to be a dead zone. They also labeled it a Superfund clean up site. Scores of workers from a toxic clean up company arrived with brooms, shovels, pressure washers, and various things to neutralize all of the toxic chemicals I had sprayed inside my condo. They worked well into the night before I was allowed back in my condo. When I went inside I saw the paint was gone from my walls. Most of the plaster was missing from my ceiling. My carpet had been removed. The hardwood floors had rotted away to nothing. My tile was nothing but crumbled stone. Where were once windows now were gaping holes covered with plywood. My front door was now a sheet of plastic held in place with duct tape. All of my furniture run thru a shredder and hauled to the dump. The cows came home again, took one look and moved away without leaving a forwarding address. All that was left inside my condo was a wooden crate left behind for me to sit on. At least I am now at peace sitting on my wooden crate...WTF...A bug just flew by my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 05:48 PM

24,781 posts, read 28,593,943 times
Come to Tennessee we have the "Lady Bugs".. shovel them off the walkways.. like the " Mole Crickets " in Florida.. The Lady Bugs curl up in some corner of the house and around Christmas dinner time when all the guest come over for that baked ham and it's nice and toasty inside the house.. they come crawling out.. orange & red color about the size of a small pea.. cute but very annoying harmless unless they get into the cranberry compote.. then it's a little crunchy. If they fly into a open candle flame it's like a old time bi-plane being shot down by Snoopy verses the Red Baron

Old 11-10-2014, 05:49 PM

44,678 posts, read 61,802,419 times
Geeze, so much activity you had, and all I did was watch a spaghetti western over the weekend.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,939,664 times
Nothing important just cleaned out the backyard planter area and made it ready for something new to go in there later this year or in the spring. Then I took Mrs Aks to a couple of places for shopping on Saturday where she bought a few items for our nephew’s new babies; both of them had new additions to their families of little girls. And then I was able to chase a fly out of the garage in the afternoon on Sunday.....

Old 11-10-2014, 09:35 PM

24,781 posts, read 28,593,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Geeze, so much activity you had, and all I did was watch a spaghetti western over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iydNcVh7tAA

Old 11-10-2014, 10:15 PM

^^^That's the one.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:34 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,823,707 times
Oh, wasn't up to much... just hanging out like a fly on the wall at Mutt's house... that is, was at Mutt's 'til he tried to kill me, so buzzed on over to Aks' garage!

Old 11-11-2014, 03:51 AM

13,695 posts, read 10,071,833 times
I got the grass cut, and anything else that I could drive the mower over.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:07 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,377,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I got the grass cut, and anything else that I could drive the mower over.

That's how I cut grass hence the reason the landlord prefers that I not get on the riding mower when it involves the lawn at the home we rent that is filled with bushes, flowers, plants, and toads.
If I could I would mow it all down, even the very tall thick limbed trees and bushes.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
Oh, wasn't up to much... just hanging out like a fly on the wall at Mutt's house... that is, was at Mutt's 'til he tried to kill me, so buzzed on over to Aks' garage!

Ha ha LOL good one, probably drove Ak crazy ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics