Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 12:52 AM

16,672 posts, read 17,437,937 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers and welcome to a new week.

I'm on my own this week as Mrs J is over in NYC.

I can also report that Miss J has found herself a new job- internship- in Paris and is far happier than she was.

I'd have loved to have gone to NYC, and could have gone there cheaply on Airmiles, no hotel expenses and so on.

I'd also like to get out to Paris more often but there's work, the pets and other considerations, but we will be there in the not too distant future.

Do you have things that tie you down and restrict you from going away?

I don't want this thread to make family, pets or whatever feel like a burden, but for the purposes of a peeve how about trying this;

The peeve of the week is;

I'd go away more if only.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 12:53 AM

All that talk of travel, but I'm lucky to be where I am.

Here are some shots taken this week.

I took some byways up to town a few days ago;

Great view from the multi storey car park;

And Autumnal pictures at work;

Old 09-15-2014, 01:07 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
I'd go away more if only.......
Yes we've been discussing that subject a lot lately. It's the medical handicap thing holding us back from traveling much anymore. My wife has M/S and there are the good days and then there are those bad days.

Congrats to Ms J, hope she has fun there. Nice pics too Mr J...

Old 09-15-2014, 01:33 AM

Sorry to hear that about your wife wit-nit.

Also thank you for your kind comments regarding Miss J.

Her new job is near to her old one so no need to leave Paris or even move.

Mind you, for a while there was the possibility of a job in Antibes which would have been great!

Old 09-15-2014, 02:17 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
I'd go away more if I could afford to. There's so many places I'd love to visit. Oh well, maybe in the future sometime.

You really are lucky to be where you are - those are some lovely pictures.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:48 AM

30,531 posts, read 16,226,596 times
I knew if I took early retirement I wouldn't be able to travel.

No regrets-I like just driving around here and seeing what there is to see.

Love those photos, Jezer.
Glad things are working out for Miss J.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:27 AM

21,547 posts, read 8,727,966 times
I'm sorry to hear your wife has MS, wit-nit. That has got to be a real challenge for both of you.

I would love to travel, and we've got the means to do so, but Mr. Bay does not want to go anywhere. He is 74 and has some health issues that keep him close to home, and he also is quite tall and doesn't like to fly because there's never enough leg room.

If I could get away with a friend, that would be nice. But it's not as enjoyable as traveling with your husband or wife.

The photos are wonderful, Jez! Knowing that there are such amazing places to see in the world makes me even more sad that I am not able to travel. However, if you have to be stuck somewhere, there are a lot worse places to be stuck than San Francisco.

I was glad to hear that things are working out better for Miss J, and I hope Mrs. J. enjoys her time in NYC.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:41 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
We would travel more often if my health was better, we did not have 1 dog and 2 cats and I could stand to be away from home for more than 3 days at a time.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:30 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Yes, would love to do some domestic travel, but maybe in the future. Hubby just doesn't like to wander far, and kitty does not tolerate car rides well.

Great pictures, Jez. Happy for Miss J. I'm sure she will settle well into her new position. Happy Monday, All!!

Old 09-15-2014, 08:30 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
I really don't have a yen to travel now that I am retired. I did my share of traveling back in the day and there is something so serene about being at home. My cat appreciates my being at home, too. Really, the only time I get excited about travel is when I'm going to Seattle.

I'm so happy to hear that Miss J has found a job that she enjoys.

I'm so sad to hear about the Mrs., wit-nit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics