Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:28 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,967,304 times

Advertisements

We always go to Dennys or IHOP on Christmas Eve and then come back to let everyone choose one present from under the tree to open that night. We will have the Christmas music on or a Christmas Movie. Lots of snacks that I have made and have tried to teach my daughters how to make. Sigh, if they could only cook or bake..LOL. We will sit around the tree and just talk about life and what has happend to us this year, and what our hopes are for the coming year. Then we will go get hot chocolate take a drive and look at the Christmas lights all over the town. We have this one housing track out here where every house is lit up in the most amazing ways. They even have lights going across the street from one house to the other. It is just beautiful. It takes about an hour to go down like 5 streets, cuz there is so much to see, they also take donations for the soldiers, so you can bring stuff to give to certain homes. We pretty much like to stay with just our family on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day is when we go see everyone. So Christmas Eve is very special to my hubby, 2 daughters and me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 05:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,609,211 times
My mom does not live far from me and it a tradition to go to her house for Christmas.
Even though we are all grown and some brothers and sister have family of their own we tend to who ever to make it gather at her house.

My pookie will not stay over night at somones house so we usually get a cheap hotel room on Christmas Eve.

This year I decided to splurge for a 4 star hotel and I am excited since they do not know of the plans. I plan on going to a nice large church the night before and I am debating on to have surprise gifts in hotel room even though we agree every year not to buy for each other yet we always do lol.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:02 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,387,671 times
When we decorate our tree, we have a little family party. I fix finger foods and listen to Christmas music as we decorate and then I usually pick everyone up a gift from the dollar store and let them unwrap them.

Christmas Eve we go to my sisters and have finger foods and open presents. Christmas day I always had dinner for the entire family but since we have moved this year and my neice and nephew have the little ones they are taking it over this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics