Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 02:19 PM

149 posts, read 349,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
This is a for profit university who pioneered online learning, I can be reasonably certain they didn't get to where they are by scamming people. At this point I am skeptical about the time frame in which your partner acted to change or drop the course.
Perhaps you should Google University of Phoenix reviews. You will find many people who have been scammed by them. Unfortunately, he did not check reviews online before enrolling with them. He thought the same thing you thought. Dead wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Maybe peeps in the education forum might have already discussed this and could better help.
Thank you. I'll ask over there.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:03 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,610,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraychick01 View Post
Perhaps you should Google University of Phoenix reviews. You will find many people who have been scammed by them. Unfortunately, he did not check reviews online before enrolling with them. He thought the same thing you thought. Dead wrong.
My wife has a B.S. in business from UoP. Not dead wrong.
I read online complaints with sketpicism. Why? Because often times there is more to the story than the complainer actually tells. I'm not saying there not legitimate complaints or they don't exist, but rather if it is so bad why is there not a formal investigation being conducted?

Old 08-17-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I read online complaints with sketpicism. Why? Because often times there is more to the story than the complainer actually tells. I'm not saying there not legitimate complaints or they don't exist, but rather if it is so bad why is there not a formal investigation being conducted?
I'm not saying they scam everyone, but I am saying HE got scammed. I was here for all of it. Saw the emails back and forth and so on. His account was sent to collections well before the 59 days (I erroneously thought it was 39 days) was up. He was enrolled for only one class at the time. His advisor admitted it was the incorrect class and thus the mess started.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:25 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,021,819 times
Quote:
I remember several years back there was a tv expose on this school. I think the claim was misleading promises concerning employability after graduation and also bogus claims of the practical experience given during the nursing major.

I also think I read of some official inquiry being done. It may be that the AG in Arizona already has many complaints against the U of P and will add this to the list. Maybe there's a class action going on. Yes, you have to be skeptical of online criticism, but sometimes where there is smoke there's fire.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I remember several years back there was a tv expose on this school. I think the claim was misleading promises concerning employability after graduation and also bogus claims of the practical experience given during the nursing major.

I also think I read of some official inquiry being done. It may be that the AG in Arizona already has many complaints against the U of P and will add this to the list. Maybe there's a class action going on. Yes, you have to be skeptical of online criticism, but sometimes where there is smoke there's fire.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:31 AM

For WFW&P:

http://ssaffery.hubpages.com/hub/Uni...suit-2009-2010

http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-con...pollawsuit.pdf

Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 PM

Thanks, but I don't need the links, your partner does.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

Not what the OP is dealing with here, her partner's issue is a monetary one.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks, but I don't need the links, your partner does.
Yes, I know. I was just giving you something to look at since you said "if it's so bad why isn't there a formal investigation being conducted?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics