Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 AM

16,761 posts, read 17,529,149 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

April already!

It's a public holiday here today so the whole family are here, though I'm working part of the day.

The roads should be fairly quiet for my journey to work, but weekends and holidays sometimes brings out the 'pootling motorist'.

They are the ones that cruise along at a very sedate pace oblivious to those that need to get somewhere.

Lat's see how we go with today's peeve;

Motorists who hold others up unnecessarily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 AM

16,761 posts, read 17,529,149 times
Inspired by Pam's website showing soothing raindrops, here are two of our stream taken in yesterday's sun;

Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 AM

21,679 posts, read 8,823,865 times
Aagh! That's a good peeve. Sometimes these folks are not very good drivers and they go slow because they're afraid to go any faster. But it always seems that they're going slow on purpose, just to annoy everybody else. The ones who really tick me off are the ones who drive 10 or 20 mph under the speed limit in the fast lane. Move over already!

Your stream looks very appealing, Jezer.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,075,546 times
Good peeve, Jezer. I think there are just people who live in their own little world and forget that other people exist. My landlord and I went to town over the weekend and there was a driver in the other lane (2 lane road) who had just stopped to chat with someone standing next to the road Needless to say, since that's the only road in/out of town, he wasn't the only one on the road.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:28 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,760,708 times
Great Peeve Jeezer. I'm with the above poster who said, "especially when they're in the fast (passing) lane". OMG..........find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL

Just READING this gives me flashbacks! Also, here in WA state (don't know about anywhere else), they have made "alert ridges" in ALL of the center lines on the highway. If you do get a chance to pass these people who refuse to pull over or speed up, you have to deal with that washboard center on the highway. I HATE that! People, look in your rearview mirror! If you see people and you can't seem to go the speed limit, pull OVER! If you're in the passing lane on the freeway.....look in your rearview mirror! OMG! If you're not passing, get OVER!

Yep, all the more reason why I don't go anywhere I don't have to go! Those people make my blood pressure rise.....bad!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 AM

44,433 posts, read 20,200,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Lat's see how we go with today's peeve;

Oh, don't get me going on this one!

Simple: if you're in the passing (left, in U.S.) lane and you're not passing someone and don't intend to turn left anytime soon, move to the right lane and let the traffic flow! Why is that so difficult for people to understand this? Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,270,158 times
The Tampa Bay forum has regular complaints about local drivers. Many have something negative to say about "elderly" drivers but the scares and near misses I have experienced have been from young drivers.

Here's a popular video that is a perfect fit for today's Motorists who hold others up unnecessarily.

I like what this cop did to make his point without holding up traffic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJjtQKND4W8

Last edited by Dallas Kitty; 04-01-2013 at 08:22 AM..

Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,760,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
The Tampa Bay forum has regular complaints about local drivers. Many have something negative to say about "elderly" drivers but the scares and near misses I have experienced have been from young drivers.

Here's a popular video that is a perfect fit for today's Motorists who hold others up unnecessarily.

I like what this cop did to make his point without holding up traffic.

Cop Screws with Slow Driver in the Fast Lane - YouTube
OMG!!!!!! Had to share this with my daughter. DK! PERFECT!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,256,931 times
Ooh, yes. And that goes double for the ones that trundle along at 50 MPH in the HOV lane.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,169,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Dick Turpin.. dastardly fellow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics