Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:17 AM

8,818 posts, read 21,296,866 times

Advertisements

ornin' all!

Gearing up for a busy day today. So before I have to go, have some fun pondering these Questions.

Today's Question(s):
Do you use luggage, or do you use things such as backpacks, zippered bags, etc. when going from place to place? sure

If you use luggage, how do you know which pieces are yours in a sea of suitcases? I have these Vera Bradley bags which are very bright and flowery

Just for Fun:
What are three things that raise the hairs on the back of your neck?
1. war
2. gun violence such as the Connecticut shootings
3. prejudice

Bonus Question:
What frustrates you most about modern technology, or have you got it all figured out? I am soooo inept that it's scary. My son hates that I still call the remote "the pushing thing"....

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you use luggage, or do you use things such as backpacks, zippered bags, etc. when going from place to place?

Luggage and an overnight duffle bag (one day's change of clothes for the times when it takes 2 days to get to my destination).

If you use luggage, how do you know which pieces are yours in a sea of suitcases?

I figure if it's in my car trunk, it's probably mine.

Just for Fun:

1. I have a hairy neck?
2. Now, worrying I have hairs on the back of my neck.
3. Now wondering if those are grey hairs on the back of my neck.

Bonus Question:
What frustrates you most about modern technology, or have you got it all figured out?

Cameras made without viewfinders. Can't see squat with the screens in the sunshine and almost all pocket cameras have no viewfinder.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,550,005 times
Good morning all!

Today's Question(s):
Do you use luggage, or do you use things such as backpacks, zippered bags, etc. when going from place to place?
Plastic grocery bags.....seriously, it depends on where I'm going and why. Long trip...luggage...short trip backpacks.

If you use luggage, how do you know which pieces are yours in a sea of suitcases? Yup...I have very bright luggage tags. Funny Mom story...we went to my sisters and she was all about the big bright piece of duct tape on her suitcase so she could spot it...good idea in theory...we got to baggage claim and 5 other people had done that on the same suitcases and the same color of tape. I snickered as I got my bag and waiting.

Just for Fun:
1. Someone standing behind me
2. A car following me for too many turns
3. Sometimes it's just a feeling

Bonus Question:
What frustrates you most about modern technology, or have you got it all figured out? How it's not simple stupid...and once you learn it...they change it!!!
I have a laptop and a Kindle Fire....in no way do I use them for everything that they're intended for

Today in History:

1959 "Rawhide" with Clint Eastwood premieres on CBS TV lol I just referenced this show yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,345,867 times
Today's Question(s):

If you use luggage, how do you know which pieces are yours in a sea of suitcases?
My luggage pieces are unusual colors (khaki and olive) and I put a bright yellow belt around each piece.

Just for Fun:

1. A doorbell ringing after 10:00 at night.
2. A late night phone call.
3. "Breaking News" on the TV.

Bonus Question:
What frustrates you most about modern technology, or have you got it all figured out?
It has out-paced my brain.

Today in History:
2011 A Border Collie has reportedly learned 1022 words and can act in accordance with the citation of those words
1998 Hockey News selects Wayne Gretzky best NHL player ever
1988 U.S. Male Figure Skating championship won by Brian Boitano
1979 K-Mart pulls Steve Martin's "Let's Get Small" for being in "bad taste"
1969 Concorde jetliner's 1st test flight from Bristol England
1959 "Rawhide" with Clint Eastwood premieres on CBS TV Head 'em up and move 'em out.

Today’s Word:
conterminous
Pronunciation (kuhn-TUHR-muh-nuhs)
Meaning:adjective:
1. Having a common boundary.
2. Confined within one common boundary.
3. Having the same scope, in time, meaning, etc.
Etymology:From Latin con- (with) + terminus (boundary, limit). Earliest documented use: 1631.

Today is:
Balloon Ascension Day
National Static Electricity
Panama's Martyr Day
National Apricot Day

Quote of the Day:
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. ~ Buddha

Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM

38,935 posts, read 22,939,705 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you use luggage, or do you use things such as backpacks, zippered bags, etc. when going from place to place? It depends on where I'm going and the length of the trip.

If you use luggage, how do you know which pieces are yours in a sea of suitcases? I tie a colored ribbon on the handle to make spotting it easier at the baggage claim inside the airport.

Just for Fun:
1. Lousy drivers
2. Ungrateful people who have a big entitlement mentality
3. Rude people

Bonus Question:
What frustrates you most about modern technology, or have you got it all figured out? It's constantly evolving and there's always something to learn about it!

Happy Hump day!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,659,213 times
[quote=PatsCats;27690903]Mornin' all!

Gearing up for a busy day today. So before I have to go, have some fun pondering these Questions.

Today's Question(s):
Do you use luggage, or do you use things such as backpacks, zippered bags, etc. when going from place to place? Luggage.

If you use luggage, how do you know which pieces are yours in a sea of suitcases? Bold colored ID tags.

Just for Fun:
1. Hearing about child, or animal abuse.
2. Spotting erratic drivers on the road.
3. Things that go bump in the night.

Bonus Question:
What frustrates you most about modern technology, or have you got it all figured out? Windows 8 is an unnecessary convenience.

Today in History:
2011 A Border Collie has reportedly learned 1022 words and can act in accordance with the citation of those words Check please.
Have a wonderful day.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM

36,444 posts, read 16,048,954 times
Today's Question(s):
Luggage

It's different looking, has a pattern on it, black and white.

Just for Fun:
1. Breaking News
2. A great song
3. Big Thunder Storm.

Bonus Question:

Frustration is how quickly it is "out of date", or "obsolete"

Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM

24,500 posts, read 26,045,935 times
Today's Question(s):
Depending on the length it could be 1 or all of them.

A bright multi colored bandana tied to the handle.

Just for Fun:
1. Care less drivers including texters and cell phone users.
2. Late night phone calls.
3. Calls from my MIL.

Bonus Question:
Don't think we will ever completely figure it out.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 AM

44,375 posts, read 20,088,633 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you use luggage, or do you use things such as backpacks, zippered bags, etc. when going from place to place? I use luggage.

If you use luggage, how do you know which pieces are yours in a sea of suitcases? I have several bright pink ribbons tied to the handles on my suitcase.

Just for Fun:
1. centipedes
2. seeing a car wreck
3. looking at my 401(k) statement

Bonus Question:
What frustrates you most about modern technology, or have you got it all figured out? I find it very frustrating that I have difficulty learning any new technology on my own. Reading instructions just doesn't cut it for me. I need someone to show me how to do stuff. Which is why, 6 months after purchasing my new laptop, I still haven't transferred files from my old PC tot he new one.

Today in History:
2011 A Border Collie has reportedly learned 1022 words and can act in accordance with the citation of those words That's amazing. I'd have to see it to really believe it, though.
1998 Hockey News selects Wayne Gretzky best NHL player ever Best choice!
1988 U.S. Male Figure Skating championship won by Brian Boitano Love to watch Brian skate.
1979 K-Mart pulls Steve Martin's "Let's Get Small" for being in "bad taste"
1969 Concorde jetliner's 1st test flight from Bristol England I remember that being in the news.
1959 "Rawhide" with Clint Eastwood premieres on CBS TV I remember that show! (Not the 1st season, though. )

Today’s Word:
conterminous
Pronunciation (kuhn-TUHR-muh-nuhs)
Meaning:adjective:
1. Having a common boundary.
2. Confined within one common boundary.
3. Having the same scope, in time, meaning, etc.
Etymology:From Latin con- (with) + terminus (boundary, limit). Earliest documented use: 1631.

Westville Correctional Center has conterminous buildings.

Today is:
Balloon Ascension Day
National Static Electricity I have a can of Static Guard right here!
Panama's Martyr Day I'm not into martyrs.
National Apricot Day I have some dried apricots at home and will have some this evening.

Happy hump day, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 AM

44,647 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you use luggage, or do you use things such as backpacks, zippered bags, etc. when going from place to place? It depends on what you mean from place to place. Most times I use my wallet and pants pockets. If you mean vacation traveling to other places then we use suitcases.

If you use luggage, how do you know which pieces are yours in a sea of suitcases? Name tags and colored straps.

Just for Fun:
1. Mean, nasty, disrespectful people.
2. Bad drivers.
3. Trolls.

Bonus Question:
What frustrates you most about modern technology, or have you got it all figured out? Everything. Not everyone thinks the same as the inventor or designer of the product. I feel if God wanted people to have cell phones and texting devices glued to the hands or ears all the time that we would have been born with them already as part of the body.

Footnote:Wow, hope none of you get this new flu strain, horrible horrible. Spouse has it now too and it seems it's never going to end. Shots are a waste of time and money for this bugaboo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics