Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,922,500 times

Advertisements

While stopping at the service station (yeah,,, they call them that but there’s no service ) ok,,, “gas” station – while I was filling up the suv I started to wash the windows. Looks great in the beginning, to do this however you need those window washing squeegees on a stick..... Here’s the peeve,,,, can’t someone change the water out? Those buckets of OLD stinky smelly water are SO BAD you have to hold your nose while washing the window with their squeegees. This is ugly, and there’s no reason for not having fresh clean clear water that isn’t smelly. It’s bad, it’s ugly and it’s putrid; if that water drips or gets onto your hand while doing the windows you have to have it amputated and removed……

Peeve of the day,,,,,,,,,, changing water for squeegees............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 10:20 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,938,543 times
Yep! No Service! Just eye gouging gasoline prices.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:53 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
Yep, I filled up today, cost $74.50, no murky window water for me, I washed the windows with the flood of tears from my eyes.
Good peeve...

Old 10-25-2012, 02:05 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,509,264 times
Well I agree with them needing to change the fluid. The 3 main problems I have had is the water being filthy, brown in color, sometimes no water at all, and the squigee being in shreds and not able to use it.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,566,438 times
Good PEEve. That water can be so rank sometimes, it is as disgusting as the gas prices.

However, I rarely wash my windows at the gas station until the windshield gets covered in dead bugs that won't come off with the regular wind sheld wiper fluid.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:04 AM

27,383 posts, read 27,429,648 times
I dont like haviing to change water at all, when doing floors, windows, but when you need to clean your windshields there nothing worse than dirty water with dead bugs in it, yuk! I miss the days when a service station guy would come out, put in your fuel and check your oil, coolant and clean your windshields, oh those days....

Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,502,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
I dont like haviing to change water at all, when doing floors, windows, but when you need to clean your windshields there nothing worse than dirty water with dead bugs in it, yuk! I miss the days when a service station guy would come out, put in your fuel and check your oil, coolant and clean your windshields, oh those days....

Yep!! There is still one station here that offers that, and their prices are competitive. Unfortunately they are across town and I don't get over there very often.

Dirty water is irritating. What I also find is that on the days we need them most, many of them are empty!

Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,271,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
While stopping at the service station (yeah,,, they call them that but there’s no service ) ok,,, “gas” station – while I was filling up the suv I started to wash the windows. Looks great in the beginning, to do this however you need those window washing squeegees on a stick..... Here’s the peeve,,,, can’t someone change the water out? Those buckets of OLD stinky smelly water are SO BAD you have to hold your nose while washing the window with their squeegees. This is ugly, and there’s no reason for not having fresh clean clear water that isn’t smelly. It’s bad, it’s ugly and it’s putrid; if that water drips or gets onto your hand while doing the windows you have to have it amputated and removed……

ICK..I go to a full service gas station; one of the few around. I hate the smell of gas so I don't pump myself. Anyhow, one day the attendant felt sorry for my dusty little Scion and he washed the windows for me. Didn't know that the water in those buckets was so gross. I guess the other option is to use the window wash already in my car and the wipers..no? I mean, leaves a wiper trail where the dust was but can't have it both ways..hmmmm Stink?? or wiper trail?? Decisions, decisions decisions!!

Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,312,502 times
Benifits of living in the country, DH built a "Washing station" out by the big shop, and we wash all our vehicles and equipment there. But when it comes to my windshield.... I took my shark to it and wow oh wow! Sparkling clean! Downside to living in the country, as soon as I drive into town, bugs splatter all over the once sparkling windshield!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:11 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,057,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Good peeve - a nasty peeve, but a peeve nonetheless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics