Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:29 AM

16,821 posts, read 17,587,124 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

Hmm- I not feeling too great but I must shoot off to work.

Why do things happen when you are in a hurry?

The phone rang just when I was furthest away from a handset and now that I'm rushing Photobucket is playing up, so photos will have to follow later.

The POTD is;

Why does everything happen when you're in a rush?

See you later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 02:32 AM

21,743 posts, read 8,880,895 times
I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Jezer. Please get better soon!

Things always happen when you're in a hurry for the same reason someone rings you up just as you're sitting down to your meal, the traffic signal turns yellow as soon as you get close to the intersection, and the doorbell rings the moment you get into the bathtub. It's some kind of cosmic conspiracy, I tell you!

Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 AM

401 posts, read 481,675 times
Why does everything happen when you're in a rush? Because they feel you don't have enough on your plate already (which is a total crock) or they don't want to do it themselves. God help you if it looks like you might have an easy day. They can't have that.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:19 AM

36,579 posts, read 16,165,576 times
Feel better Jezer! Not too much rushing around here. But things happen in bunches, all at the same time.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:25 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,717,483 times
Morning peevers......

Monday was that day for me jez. Everything I touched turned to poo poo.
Walk by the door and my blouse reaches out to hook on the door knob and so on all day.
My sensitivity was on full blast too. It was a terrible day. I was close to a panic attack. God I hate them. Can't think or get it together.
Thanks it was only that one day. Next day I started to recover. Why these things happen I don't know but someone mentioned a full moon that day. I really do believe the way the stars and planets are lined up has a lot to do with my moods. Strange but at my age, I have always thought so and I truly believe it is true for I can't find any other explanation

Hope you feel better Jez.........

Old 07-25-2013, 06:33 AM

9,833 posts, read 14,419,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.
Hmm- I not feeling too great but I must shoot off to work.
Why do things happen when you are in a hurry?
The phone rang just when I was furthest away from a handset and now that I'm rushing Photobucket is playing up, so photos will have to follow later.
The POTD is;
See you later.
My life has been "Everything's a Rush" since I opened my business in 1993, so I'm accustomed to everyone having an emergency I must attend to, NOW! At first I tried to accommodate everyone, but very soon, I've learned to calmly say something like: "Sorry, there's an order to things in this office, and you are 7th in line. I'll get to it when your file pops up". Of course, when I'm paid up front, they automatically become first in line!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:56 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,091,988 times
Good peeve, Jezer. Not sure why it happens that way but always seems to.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM

44,476 posts, read 20,273,814 times
Quote:
The POTD is;

Good peeve. It happens often that my phone rings just as I'm about to leave the house. I hesitate to answer, but always do. And I'm usually sorry because it's almost always someone asking me to volunteer for some new project or expecting me to write a report for a board meeting or some other time-intensive project.

Or - when I'm driving and in a hurry, that's when I have to wait for traffic jams, trains or other events that slow everything down. I usually allow more than enough time to get where I need to go, but on the occasions when time is of the essence, that's when outside factors slow everything down. Perhaps it's just God's way of telling me to slow my life down in general.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,047,440 times

Mrs Aks is always in a rush and trying to makeup time. She's late for most everything that requires being on time.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,462,449 times
Quote:

I always blame people for my tardiness! Damn people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics