Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:15 AM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,654 times

Advertisements

I really don't understand somes need to be nosy and stare.

The last neighbor(thank God they moved)would always stare and it got to where I didn't want to go outside because I knew he would be watching us(he was the reason I put up the cypresses).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
Default Nosy Neighbors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Well, this may be a bit off topic, but our wonderful neighbor last Christmas cut our Christmas tree lights because the tree that my kids decorated mistakenly was on his side of the property.

Baaaaahhhhhhh Humbug!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,845 times
my neighboris my landlords spy, she snitches to her when the landlord says speak, she told my landlord i have my friend which is also a single mom living with me so my landlord came over and was all upset and raised my rent and told me when she leaves my rent will go back to the original price.....

Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM

973 posts, read 3,305,877 times
When I was buying my house, my DH, me and the realtor were at the house when the inspections were being done.

At one point, I look up and see a strange couple standing in the family room just looking around. I look at my agent and say "Who are those people and why are they in here?" The couple are grinning like fools and said "Oh, we were just jogging by and saw someone in here. We've been dying to see the inside of this house." From the fierce scowl on my face, they deduced that I wasn't pleased and promptly left. Weirdos!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,936,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
We caught her one day standing by our lamppost, looking into the kitchen window.
Man... I'd be all about calling the police about that. Just 'cuz she's an elderly person doesn't mean the term "peeping tom" doesn't apply. One little visit to her from them and she might get the point of minding her own business. And if not, than she better be ready to see a judge!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 PM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Get one of those motion sensor hoses that turns on a water spray whenever anyone is near it. Bury it in the ground and just let the small head be exposed.
Motion Sensor Sprinkler - Gardening Supplies - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

Old 04-02-2009, 12:52 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,649,008 times
I used to live on 4 acres in Northern CA and the fron area along the road had a 6 foot tall wood fence. You would think that would deter people, but nooooo.........There was one knot hole in the fence, and we had company over and were all outside, when I noticed an eye through the hole! As I started walking towards "the eye", the old lady from down the road said "Oh, I was just seeing what you were doing"! If I would have been thinking, I should have done something really crazy and gave her something to look at!

Old 04-02-2009, 01:24 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Man... I'd be all about calling the police about that. Just 'cuz she's an elderly person doesn't mean the term "peeping tom" doesn't apply. One little visit to her from them and she might get the point of minding her own business. And if not, than she better be ready to see a judge!
Since this was originally posted, she's moved away to the East Coast to be closer to her son. Thank goodness!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,515,250 times
Good by...Mrs. Kravitz.
Have a nice life.

Okie

Old 04-03-2009, 12:41 PM

321 posts, read 854,291 times
And I thought living in my apartment building was bad. All of your stories are much worse.

Here, the tenants run to the building co-ordinator and complain about everything and he follows up by leaving nasty letters in our mailboxes. Often he doesn't even bother to find out if the incident(s) really happened or even if the person he's accusing had anything to do with it in the first place. I have had several letters that were not even anything to do with me in the first place.

Plus our neighbours like to know everything about everybody and if they don't get the real story they make up things to fill in the blanks. We could actually write an award winning soap opera on the things that happen in this building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics