Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:33 AM

8,878 posts, read 13,995,456 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone. Can't figure out if it is going to rain here or not. That will be the factor in what I decide to do today. So far, it's been to just sit here in front of my window "surfing" until I make a move.

Today's Question(s):

What is your favorite fall activity?
There is a great Apple festival in Biglerville, PA (near Gettysburg) that I like to go to. However, it's a 7 hour drive now from NC. It's hard to talk DW into that trip each year!

If you were able to change one law which would you change?
We may as well get rid of some DMV laws because they don't seem to be followed or enforced (blinkers, compete stops at stop signs and "right on red" corners, and failure to yield). Yeah, the regulars on QOTD know those are my "hot buttons".

Bill paying.... do you pay them online or the old fashion way? Have you ever incurred a late fee?
I pay all but two online each month. The other two want you to either log TMI on their website or convert you to paperless billing. I won't do either.

Extra Credit Question:

Today I just want to_finish whatever it is I start! __

Do you know anybody that is very negative or constantly complaining all the time? If yes how do you deal with them?
I remove myself from interactions with people like this. Life's too short! We all have our crosses to bear... I ain't carrying two of them!

Bonus Question:

Last place you left and said "wow this place has excellent customer service" ?
Fantasyland! It seems places don't care about customer service OR they over-do it and make you are turned off by the phoney-ness.

Just for Fun:

Do you blow, natural or towel dry your hair ?
Towel dry. It's almost dried naturally by the time I walk from the shower to the mirror!

Stranger facts:

You grow by about 8mm (O.3in) every night when you are asleep, but shrink to your former height the following day. Now that's interesting!

250 people have fallen off the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Maybe the should've stood uphill...

315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled. Doh!!!

A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel! That's a lot when you think about it!

A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood! It's amazing how some of the old classic instruments have stayed together over the course of the years.

Well, have a great weekend everyone! I think it's time to get off my butt and start getting busy (at something!)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 06:35 AM

26,722 posts, read 41,995,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Good day all and happy Saturday. The weekend is here so unwind and enjoy.....

Today's Question(s):

Bill paying.... do you pay them online or the old fashion way? Have you ever incurred a late fee?

Extra Credit Question:

Today I just want to________________________________

Do you know anybody that is very negative or constantly complaining all the time? If yes how do you deal with them?

Bonus Question:

Just for Fun:

Stranger facts:

You grow by about 8mm (O.3in) every night when you are asleep, but shrink to your former height the following day.

250 people have fallen off the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.

A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel!

A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood!

Enjoy

My favorite fall activity; football.

I'd change the speed limit on the freeway I use to get to work every morning (I-264) from 55 to 70 mph since people drive that fast anyway.

I pay all my bills online and have never been late accidentially.

Today I just want to work on my report and play some Wii but can't since I have to work and volunteer at a block party.

I know someone who complains all the time. I try to encourage him, if it don't work I leave it alone since that spirit will infect me if I get too close.

The last place that I really noted for their customer service was would be Indi's restaurant on S 3rd in Louisville, I've gotten the best customer service there as opposed to the other locations.

I natural dry my hair, not that there is much to dry.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:38 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,277,231 times
Today's Question(s):

What is your favorite fall activity? When I'm finally all hunkered down for winter and can start hibernating.

If you were able to change one law which would you change? Oh dear, can I just WRITE a new law repealing all the old ones???

Bill paying.... do you pay them online or the old fashion way? Have you ever incurred a late fee? Mostly online today. No late fees for several years.

Extra Credit Question:

Today I just want to go to an auction. ________________________________

Do you know anybody that is very negative or constantly complaining all the time? Yes. If yes how do you deal with them? I avoid them.

Bonus Question:

Last place you left and said "wow this place has excellent customer service" ? ????? Most places really DO try to give good service.

Just for Fun:

Do you blow, natural or towel dry your hair ? Usually air dry.

Stranger facts:

You grow by about 8mm (O.3in) every night when you are asleep, but shrink to your former height the following day. How odd. I guess that's from "spreading out" as you lie horizontally and then everything settles back into place when you are upright.

250 people have fallen off the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Splat.

315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled. Why didn't they use SpellCheck?

A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel! Not surprising given the weight of flying that behemoth.

A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood! No wonder they are so hard to make.

Enjoy

Thanks, Karla, and everyone have a great weekend!!!

Old 09-17-2011, 06:51 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,081,115 times
Just being able to go outside without having heatstroke. I like the cool mornings and evenings to go outside with my dog. Drinking hot chocolate. Hearing the crunch of the leaves under my feet. Getting to make and eat better food.

Any ignorant breed legislation/law.

Almost all online. I only pay one thing with mail now. Always on time.

Extra Credit Question:

Today I just want to snuggle up in bed and be lazy.

I don't think I have anyone like that currently in my life - maybe my brother. I usually just ignore him when he's in a mood.

Bonus Question:

Last place you left and said "wow this place has excellent customer service" ? Pep Boys did a good job up until check out. I'll give it to them anyways.

Just for Fun:

Towel - leaves my hair wavy and a little unruly.
Blowdryer (and round brush) - when I want my hair straight and shiny.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:32 AM
bjh

60,510 posts, read 30,661,663 times
Today's Question(s):
Enjoying the foliage. I realize that isn't an activity, but it makes me so happy it bears mentioning.

Too many to choose from.

Online almost exclusively now.

Extra Credit Question:
Today I just want to get done what I need to get done.

If you can, get such people out of your life. If not, the words "Consider the source" helps put them in perspective.

Unfortunately, some people just have to be suffered.

Bonus Question:
a restaurant

Just for Fun:
I use a hair dryer.

Hoping your day doesn't blow.

Last edited by bjh; 09-17-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 09-17-2011, 07:51 AM

18,292 posts, read 26,077,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Good day all and happy Saturday. The weekend is here so unwind and enjoy.....

Today's Question(s):

What is your favorite fall activity? some early morning fishing, drive in the high country to view the color changes, football.

If you were able to change one law which would you change? Whew, gotta think here, there's several that need work here!

Bill paying.... do you pay them online or the old fashion way? Have you ever incurred a late fee? I pay them in person-cash. Got my clock cleaned years ago w/ I.D. theft. No more. Other bills (mag subscriptions, insurance payments, etc.) I mail them in.

Extra Credit Question:

Today I just want to__have an uneventful trip to Denver and not run into a zillion speed traps or boneheaded drivers.______________________________

Do you know anybody that is very negative or constantly complaining all the time? If yes how do you deal with them?Yes, me. Not as bad as i used to be though!

Bonus Question:

Last place you left and said "wow this place has excellent customer service" ? Home Depot believe it or not!

Just for Fun:

Do you blow, natural or towel dry your hair ?Natural

Stranger facts:

You grow by about 8mm (O.3in) every night when you are asleep, but shrink to your former height the following day.

Enjoy

Thanks for the ???'s Mike! Have a great weekend!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:01 AM

604 posts, read 457,920 times
Good morning!!!

Today's Question(s):

What is your favorite fall activity? Halloween!

If you were able to change one law which would you change? The law against picking up a stray bird feather.

Bill paying.... do you pay them online or the old fashion way? Have you ever incurred a late fee? I like to pay them the old fashioned way, and yes.

Extra Credit Question:

Today I just want to_work on some craft projects._

Do you know anybody that is very negative or constantly complaining all the time? If yes how do you deal with them? Yes, I don't let them drag me down.

Bonus Question:

Last place you left and said "wow this place has excellent customer service" ? Hmmmm, I haven't been any place like that lately!

Just for Fun:

Do you blow, natural or towel dry your hair ? I usually blow dry it if I'm leaving the house, because my hair is so thick it takes HOURS to dry naturally.

Thanks for the great questions!

Old 09-17-2011, 09:04 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,677,613 times
What is your favorite fall activity? staying warm at night

If you were able to change one law which would you change? murphys

Bill paying.... do you pay them online or the old fashion way? old fashioned for me but my husband pays online

Have you ever incurred a late fee? yes

Today I just want to_bang on the drum all day

Do you know anybody that is very negative or constantly complaining all the time? yes!

If yes how do you deal with them? oh a variety of ultimately ineffectual ways

Do you blow, natural or towel dry your hair ? the towel always gets there briefly but then I just comb it and am done. It's half dry by the time I'm done lotioning my bod.
neat facts, thanks Mike!

Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,067,773 times
Today's Question(s):

What is your favorite fall activity? Staying inside eating comfort food

If you were able to change one law which would you change? Drinking age down to 18

Bill paying.... do you pay them online or the old fashion way? Have you ever incurred a late fee? Online

Extra Credit Question:

Today I just want to____________relax_____________

Do you know anybody that is very negative or constantly complaining all the time? If yes how do you deal with them? I am very negative

Bonus Question:

Last place you left and said "wow this place has excellent customer service" ? A local restaurant

Just for Fun:

Do you blow, natural or towel dry your hair ? Towel dry

Old 09-17-2011, 09:11 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,453,046 times
Today's Question(s):

What is your favorite fall activity? Driving around looking at the changing color or the leaves.

Online. I love it!

Extra Credit Question:
Today I just want to Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain.

Too much of that tends to bring the rest of us down. I try my best to ignore them.

Bonus Question:

Last place you left and said "wow this place has excellent customer service" ? My fav restaurant: IHOP.

Just for Fun:

Do you blow, natural or towel dry your hair ? Blow. My hair is too wavy to dry on its own.

Stranger facts:

Interesting facts. Thanks you for the QOTD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics