Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:12 PM

44,475 posts, read 20,273,814 times

Advertisements

Okay, kids, we had a question on Tuesday from Annie53 who wondered how to imbed more than one web link in a single post. I'm sure some others out there are wondering the same thing, so here's another posting primer lesson.

We'll start with Annie53's question:
I am not talking about You Tubes specifically.....just multiple links.
I see people put multiple links in a post to prove their point, etc.
Let's say I want to post 3 links to prove a point.
I go to a site before I begin my post, copy a link, start my post and add the link.
Now, if I want to add another link.....I have to go to the site to copy it.....and when I come back to my post....it is gone!
It's like.....how do you "piggy back" links to your post?
What am I missing?

I think I have a simple solution for you, Annie53! Here it is, in layman's terms (which is all I know ).

First, go ahead and start your C-D post. Now, you want to add some web links. What you need to do is to open your other web site in another window so that you don't lose your connection to C-D.

Look near the top of your C-D page, underneath your tool bars. You should see a tab with the title of the thread that you're in. To the immediate right of that tab, you should see a smaller tab with nothing in it. Here's a graphic of a web page, to which I've the red arrow to point out the smaller tab.

Click on the smaller tab, and you will get a new window in which you can visit other web sites without losing your C-D window. You can type in a URL (web site address) at the very top of the page or you can click on the little button for your home page (such as Google or Bing) and do a search from there for the web site you want to visit.

When you find a link that you want to put in your C-D post, highlight and copy it. THEN, click on the tab for your C-D page which is still open. This will switch you back to your C-D page! Find the place in your post where you want to insert the link and put your cursor there. RIGHT click, and choose COPY, and it will insert your link.

To insert another link in the same post, simply repeat the steps you did for the first link. Click on the other tab near the top of your page, find the web site and link that you want, highlight and copy it, and then return to your C-D tab to paste it into the same post. You sould be able to add as many links as you want to your post.

Sure hope I explained it okay. Give it a shot, and let me know if it works for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times
I'm not following...

Spoiler

Got a link??

https://www.city-data.com/forum/20666802-post10.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/20675390-post32.html

Don McLean- American Pie (with Lyrics) - YouTube

Thank you Pam! I think i understand what you tried to say to me.....

Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 PM

44,475 posts, read 20,273,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I'm not following...

Spoiler

Got a link??

https://www.city-data.com/forum/20666802-post10.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/20675390-post32.html

Don McLean- American Pie (with Lyrics) - YouTube

Thank you Pam! I think i understand what you tried to say to me.....

Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post

Old 08-30-2011, 10:08 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,155,573 times
WOW SATX......aren't you the little show off! LOL

Chow Chow Information and Pictures, Chow Chows

picture of a shar pei - Google Search

I DID IT! I DID IT!......OMG......I DID IT! and and and and

Thank you, thank you, thank you Pam!

I am sooo happy! Happy dance....happy dance.....happy dance!

The key was the graphic showing me the little box and your step by step explanation Pam! I never noticed that little box before or knew what to do with it.

And SATX.....you old dog you.....are you a mind reader too?

American Pie is one of my most favorite songs EVER!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,396,269 times
Well Satx, i will need u to break down for me...

Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,172,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
WOW SATX......aren't you the little show off! LOL
Attention hog, is more like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53
And SATX.....you old dog you.....are you a mind reader too?

American Pie is one of my most favorite songs EVER!
Aw sheez, don't encourage him!!!

LoL!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 PM

aww! Shush!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,172,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
aww! Shush!

LoL!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:48 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,498,359 times
Luckily for me, this thing I use to send messages to CD is too low tech for me to have to
worry about complicated things listed above! It is called an Ubisurfer, which I bought off a
TV selling channel, it works off a cell phone signal. It came with two years free access to
the internet. My son says it's a piece of junk, he put a page on it that says I am a piece of
junk. I have to tick a box that says I agree before the thing will even access the net! I don't
know how to remove it. I gave up on technoligy years ago, took me years to master my
video recorder never mind a computer. Still, as long as I can get messages through to CD my
little ubisurfer will do me just fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics