Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 AM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
I'm sorry...guess you have to live in a border state to see the need for a bit of slack! I'm not living in Disneyland if the cops want your name they'll get it! I'd like to see how many would actually refuse to give a cop a name or show I.D. I btw, don't trust cops any further than I can throw them. I've had good cop friends and known some I wouldn't trust. If they don't have the right to even identify someone I'd expect very little help of any kind from them .... Blah blah blah! The ACLU can kiss my grits!
All well said and to the point. What state is this pedestrian in that he can refuse to ID himself? Cop said Oceanside, which is in CA, which likely got some pro-illegal law passed that prevents cops from id-ing people. I happily ID myself, show a DL, etc to any cop, but I've got nothing to hide.

From California to Texas, it's become a different country. I'm amazed at how American non-border states are by comparison, which just goes to show, the rest of the country doesn't have the same problems YET. But, it's like a fungus....it'll spread, until there is no America. Just some self-satisfied lefties patting each other on the back as the rest of the country is taken over.

God bless America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 06:44 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,528,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Not really. If the man wasn't breaking the law then the cops don't need to know. I don't tell people I meet on the street my last name....same deal with a cop if I haven't done anything wrong.
I'm just saying how I would have felt personally. I don't think I would have followed up with anything, but I would have thought, "huh, strange."

Old 08-02-2011, 07:16 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,545,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I'm just saying how I would have felt personally. I don't think I would have followed up with anything, but I would have thought, "huh, strange."

Maybe so but I think it's pretty strange to ask someone their last name. I rarely do that unless it's a customer service rep and I am having problems..then I need a reference. Other than that...I don't care what your last name is, lol. Just sayin'

Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,528,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Maybe so but I think it's pretty strange to ask someone their last name. I rarely do that unless it's a customer service rep and I am having problems..then I need a reference. Other than that...I don't care what your last name is, lol. Just sayin'
He hesitated even on giving his first name. Just thought it was a bit strange.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:14 PM

28,804 posts, read 47,962,726 times
I think it was a test by the man with the camera. He wanted to push his rights to the limit to see what reaction he'd get. The whole thing could have been a setup with his friend calling it in.

You never know...

The guy may have a record and that's why he didn't want to show ID.

And the cop asking for ID may have been his test of the guy with the gun.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
All well said and to the point. What state is this pedestrian in that he can refuse to ID himself? Cop said Oceanside, which is in CA, which likely got some pro-illegal law passed that prevents cops from id-ing people. I happily ID myself, show a DL, etc to any cop, but I've got nothing to hide.

From California to Texas, it's become a different country. I'm amazed at how American non-border states are by comparison, which just goes to show, the rest of the country doesn't have the same problems YET. But, it's like a fungus....it'll spread, until there is no America. Just some self-satisfied lefties patting each other on the back as the rest of the country is taken over.

God bless America.
Thank you and well said yourself! My boys said it sounded like California where they now reside. They plan to return here soon. We may all be standing watch on our borders. The U.S. Government is failing in every possible way. If they'd just enforce laws on the books. I'm pretty sure you couldn't be here if you can't speak English fluently. We need to stop the anchor baby non sense. Del Rio and other border towns in Texas are indistinguishable from Mexico.

In the youtube for instance the guy is allowed to carry a handgun in plain sight. Unloaded but with bullets at disposal. Say the officer lets the dude go without I.D'ing him. He walks 1/4 mile down the highway and kills 3 people. Might have helped if the officer knew the name of the man he saw with the murder weapon shortly before. Might have saved possibly the guy's family who might be next on his list of victims! Texas is 1 of only 7 states that do not allow carrying a hand gun without a license. This is about to change soon. I'm amazed also by the people not in border states being totally oblivious to the border problem.

I'm sure the cop in the video probably returned to his car and said "if that jerk had made one wrong move".....

Like I've always said many cops aren't much different than those they're supposed to be after. But, we must place a certain amount of faith in them. Otherwise we all need to take up arms and handle it all ourselves.
God Bless America.....before it's too late!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics