Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,093 times

Advertisements

So this morning I wake up to the sound of a chainsaw. Now this is obnoxious in itself but then I go to look out the door to see the reason for this horrendous noise and what do I see ?

The next door neighbor (a total white trash looking neanderthal if I ever saw one) is CUTTING DOWN THE BEAUTIFUL lilac trees that border our property. Why, you ask ? Because HE wants to put a fence there.

Now I realize that a lot of people don't appreciate the beauty of trees. An awful lot of people don't give a flying f*** if they look out their windows and all they see is concrete, but I am not one of them. I also like my privacy and when the weather gets too hot, I liked to sit under those trees as they had a gorgeous canapy.

I don't know what to do. Right now I am SO pissed I can barely see straight. I went outside and asked him what he thought he was doing taking down the beautiful trees and he gets all offended that I could even ASK him. Like his fence is more important then some trees that gave our house a modicum of privacy and beauty. If you guys could see how ugly this side of town is you might appreciate even the smallest things that are pretty and free. LIKE TREES.

Turns out the trees are on HIS side of the property line so I have no say so whatsoever. It's like "Thanks for asking us how WE feel about it, and thanks for taking away OUR privacy and what little beauty we HAVE on this side of town".

I hate being poor. Poor means you're continually at the whim of what those who have more money would do to you in the name of THEIR convenience. I just love being reminded of my strata thanks so much.

I feel like breaking something. Namely the neanderthals head. He could have at LEAST acted sorry to be taking away something that gave someone a small amount of pleasure in this life.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 PM

Reason for reply has been deleted. Thanks moderators :-)

Last edited by Bandon; 06-06-2011 at 01:37 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 01:15 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,324,103 times
Hmmm this sounds like a grumble, gripe, peeve and vent. There are two threads this would be appropriate to post on

Old 06-06-2011, 01:18 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hmmm this sounds like a grumble, gripe, peeve and vent. There are two threads this would be appropriate to post on
... and even those two are two too many. ( Hi SQ )

That being said, the idea of getting some small lilac bushes to be planted on your side of the property line is worth consideration.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post

I hate being poor. Poor means you're continually at the whim of what those who have more money would do to you in the name of THEIR convenience. I just love being reminded of my strata thanks so much.
Then do something about it ...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:20 PM

10,208 posts, read 17,862,571 times
Quote:
So now it's considered "whining" when something you prize is taken from you without even a thought as to how you feel about it ?
When it wasn't yours to begin with, yeah. They were on his property, they were his trees - yeah, it's disappointing but he had every right to do what he did - he had no obligation to consult you. Why don't you plant some trees on YOUR side - sure, they'll take time to grow in but at least you'll have control over them. Although just an FYI, if the branches of your trees grow over onto his property, he may have the legal right to prune them back to the border. Just be aware of that so you don't get all high and mighty about something he is well within his rights to do again.

Last edited by PA2UK; 06-06-2011 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
... and even those two are two too many. ( Hi SQ )

That being said, the idea of getting some small lilac bushes to be planted on your side of the property line is worth consideration.
Yes, thank you Charley..I think I WILL. The message it will be send will be worth it almost as much as having a little beauty back on this side of town (you have no idea. It's all redneck, hispanic, welfare trash on this side of town. Sometimes I swear I'm the only person here who appreciates beauty).

Anyway, that was the only valuable thing Bydand said in his post. Although I'm sure trying to actually help wasn't his intention.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Then do something about it ...
I'm trying. But contrary to public opinion on immediate gratification, everything doesn't happen overnight. I'm temporarily stuck here.

But more to the point, are you saying that poor people, by crime of being poor, aren't worthy of the same consideration as the rich ? It sure sounds like it according to the tone of your post. That's rather elitist isn't it ?

Last edited by Bandon; 06-06-2011 at 01:31 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times
Quote:
Yes, thank you Charley..I think I WILL. The message it will be send will be worth it almost as much as having a little beauty back on this side of town (you have no idea. It's all redneck, hispanic, welfare trash on this side of town. Sometimes I swear I'm the only person here who appreciates beauty).

Anyway, that was the only valuable thing Bydand said in his post. Although I'm sure trying to actually help wasn't his intention.
Try checking with Michigan Bulb Company. I'll bet you can get a few small shrubs for a reasonable price. Good luck.

[Note: I have no relationship with the Michigan Bulb Company. ]

Old 06-06-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
When it wasn't yours to begin with, yeah. They were on his property, they were his trees - yeah, it's disappointed but he had every right to do what he did - he had no obligation to consult you. Why don't you plant some trees on YOUR side - sure, they'll take time to grow in but at least you'll have control over them. Although just an FYI, if the branches of your trees grow over onto his property, he may have the legal right to prune them back to the border. Just be aware of that so you don't get all high and mighty about something he is well within his rights to do again.
I'm not being all "high and mighty". I'm extremely upset because this was the first I've learned of this today. If you had any idea how ugly this side of town is. But then maybe you don't appreciate beauty.

In any event, if the situation had been reversed you can bet I would have asked the neighbor what he felt about it ahead of time. Sorry, but I don't take chopping down nature to make way for more man-made **** lightly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics